Welcome to PatsFans.com

Lawsuit against Warfield thrown out.

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Alk, May 30, 2006.

1. Alk

Alk Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I knew he had some trouble in the past but I had never heard anythinga bout this incident.

Patriots | Police and courts: E. Warfield
    Tue, 30 May 2006 09:57:27 -0700

Dan Margolies, of the Kansas City Star, reports a lawsuit against New England Patriots CB Eric Warfield has been thrown out of court. A Jackson County judge threw out a wrongful-death lawsuit against him, entering summary judgment against the plaintiffs, James R. and Scheryl J. Quirk and the estate of Breanna Zeiler. The Quirks were the parents of Shelbie Lynn Quirk, and Zeiler was her minor daughter. Shelbie was driving her 1996 Chevrolet Monte Carlo about 5 a.m. March 25, 2001, when it spun out of control, hit a guardrail and came to rest in the northbound lane of Interstate 435 north of Gregory Boulevard. A moment later, a northbound Chevy Blazer rammed the driver's side door of her car, and Quirk died at the scene. The Blazer was leased to Warfield and driven by Alexander L. Jones, who lived at Warfield's Lee's Summit house. The suit charged that Jones had been drinking the day of the accident and that Warfield knew, or should have known, that he was drinking but nonetheless entrusted him with the vehicle. In a sworn affidavit, Warfield said he was in Chicago that day and had specifically told Jones not to drive the Blazer. Jones backed up Warfield's claim in his affidavit.
    Last edited: May 30, 2006
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +296 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

I'd never heard about it either but as it was 10 years ago and Warfield wasn't even involed (other than his vehicle), it seems like he should bear no burden for this.
  3. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

I read this over on KFFL too and decided it really didn't warrent a thread here since it involved an incident that occurred 5 years ago, one he was not directly involved in and since the courts just threw the suit out as a result. But I figured someone would disagree. ;)
  4. Alk

Alk Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

It's related to a Patriots player so I figured it would be relevent. Hell, if it was a report about Dan Klecko winning a cowpie eating contest I would consider it relevent for this forum.
  5. CTPatsFan

CTPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Would possibly be the most noteworthy thing he'd have done as a Patriot.
  6. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0

Thank you for posting. It was interesting. We'll take any news on any Patriots these days. A totally appropriate, if unexciting, piece of news.
  7. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Just goes to show that any person percieved to be rich can be sued. If that wasn't a stretch then I don't know what is.
  8. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I agree..it was a good post...but a bit of a stretch of responsibility to say the least...Ther eare suits that make sense..and many that are basically a REAL stretch of what laws are made for.
    But didn't Klecko get in some kind of accident...a few years ago?? 2?? I sort of remember that...more known than cow pie...