PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lawsuit against Warfield thrown out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alk

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I knew he had some trouble in the past but I had never heard anythinga bout this incident.

Patriots | Police and courts: E. Warfield
Tue, 30 May 2006 09:57:27 -0700

Dan Margolies, of the Kansas City Star, reports a lawsuit against New England Patriots CB Eric Warfield has been thrown out of court. A Jackson County judge threw out a wrongful-death lawsuit against him, entering summary judgment against the plaintiffs, James R. and Scheryl J. Quirk and the estate of Breanna Zeiler. The Quirks were the parents of Shelbie Lynn Quirk, and Zeiler was her minor daughter. Shelbie was driving her 1996 Chevrolet Monte Carlo about 5 a.m. March 25, 2001, when it spun out of control, hit a guardrail and came to rest in the northbound lane of Interstate 435 north of Gregory Boulevard. A moment later, a northbound Chevy Blazer rammed the driver's side door of her car, and Quirk died at the scene. The Blazer was leased to Warfield and driven by Alexander L. Jones, who lived at Warfield's Lee's Summit house. The suit charged that Jones had been drinking the day of the accident and that Warfield knew, or should have known, that he was drinking but nonetheless entrusted him with the vehicle. In a sworn affidavit, Warfield said he was in Chicago that day and had specifically told Jones not to drive the Blazer. Jones backed up Warfield's claim in his affidavit.

Last edited:
I'd never heard about it either but as it was 10 years ago and Warfield wasn't even involed (other than his vehicle), it seems like he should bear no burden for this.

I read this over on KFFL too and decided it really didn't warrent a thread here since it involved an incident that occurred 5 years ago, one he was not directly involved in and since the courts just threw the suit out as a result. But I figured someone would disagree. ;)

MoLewisrocks said:
I read this over on KFFL too and decided it really didn't warrent a thread here since it involved an incident that occurred 5 years ago, one he was not directly involved in and since the courts just threw the suit out as a result. But I figured someone would disagree. ;)

It's related to a Patriots player so I figured it would be relevent. Hell, if it was a report about Dan Klecko winning a cowpie eating contest I would consider it relevent for this forum.

huskeralk said:
It's related to a Patriots player so I figured it would be relevent. Hell, if it was a report about Dan Klecko winning a cowpie eating contest I would consider it relevent for this forum.

Would possibly be the most noteworthy thing he'd have done as a Patriot.

Thank you for posting. It was interesting. We'll take any news on any Patriots these days. A totally appropriate, if unexciting, piece of news.

Just goes to show that any person percieved to be rich can be sued. If that wasn't a stretch then I don't know what is.

I agree..it was a good post...but a bit of a stretch of responsibility to say the least...Ther eare suits that make sense..and many that are basically a REAL stretch of what laws are made for.
But didn't Klecko get in some kind of accident...a few years ago?? 2?? I sort of remember that...more known than cow pie...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call