PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lawrence Timmons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remix 6

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
ESPN just reported hes declaring. Junior from FSU..a tremendous LB..hes got the size and just as good Sims. Im a Hurricane fan..him and Buster are beasts when versing us and i saw Timmons against UCLA..dominant. Hes fast, strong, reads plays well. Some say hes offically the #1 LB eligible this year..if we can get him with our first pic kthat would be HUGE! either way..him declaring gives us a chance to select him or some other LB who will drop more with Timmons coming in.

if some of you dont know him..hes a FSU LB..#83..6"3 235 but looks a little more...he can run a 4.5-4.6 Truly a beast. 1 of my favorite prospects this year

i think he can play both inside and out

however he hired Rosenhaus i believe

I love Timmons. Better than Ernie. 5 sacks, 18 TFLs, 6 passes defensed, 3 blocked kicks, scores TDs, plays special teams. If the Pats want a LBer in rd 1, they can get one. How would you compare Timmons and Willis? Willis may be a better leader, a bit tougher, more mature, Timmons better in coverage, maybe more dynamic. BB has a good relationship with Rosenhaus, I believe. I also read Jasper Brinkley is staying at S. Carolina. Too bad.

I love Timmons. Better than Ernie. 5 sacks, 18 TFLs, 6 passes defensed, 3 blocked kicks, scores TDs, plays special teams. If the Pats want a LBer in rd 1, they can get one. How would you compare Timmons and Willis? Willis may be a better leader, a bit tougher, more mature, Timmons better in coverage, maybe more dynamic. BB has a good relationship with Rosenhaus, I believe. I also read Jasper Brinkley is staying at S. Carolina. Too bad.

Timmons is a bigger playmaker and has more upside. Willis isnt as athletic but hes more polished and maybe a smarter player imo

Timmons is a bigger playmaker and has more upside. Willis isnt as athletic but hes more polished and maybe a smarter player imo

I have liked Timmons game as well but I am concerned about his bulk, he looks long and lean. Do you think he can get up to 245 - 250? and where would you expect him to get selected?

I have liked Timmons game as well but I am concerned about his bulk, he looks long and lean. Do you think he can get up to 245 - 250? and where would you expect him to get selected?

i think he can definatley add weight. hes got the frame hes 6"3..235 but a lot of young guys bulk up once they get in NFL. you dont play y our college weight. everyone gets stronger, adds muscle which adds weight.

hes got room for it and can definatley his weight up without losing speed/quickness
he would be a nice OLB
remember..

Originally Posted by Mike Reiss in the Boston Globe
As part of his annual predraft scouting trip to Florida, Patriots coach Bill Belichick spent "quite a bit of time" with Florida State linebacker Ernie Sims. Belichick came away impressed, but the Lions ended up snatching Sims at No. 9, well before the Patriots picked (21st). Sims enters today's game against the Patriots with a team-high 109 tackles and has several of the qualities the Patriots generally seek. "He's a football guy. Business. Very competitive. Very intense," said Belichick, noting that even though Sims is undersized at 6 feet, 225 pounds, he still could have fit in the middle of a 3-4 defense. "I think football is important to him and he plays like it on the field. Every play he's after you."

i think he can definatley add weight. hes got the frame hes 6"3..235 but a lot of young guys bulk up once they get in NFL.

At 6' 3" he can add 10 lbs to his frame easy. Lots of guys on the roster have bulked up. I remember McGinest came out at 255 and left at 270.

We really need to draft a LB next year. More speed at this position is a must.
There should be a few available when we draft in the 1st round

I think he's gone before we pick. But, domino effect could slide a guy like A.Spencer down. I still think we go cb first. I just don't see BB ponying up that type of money to Asante.

He claimed last night that he will run 4.4 forty for his pro-day. On third down he played at DE this year.

He claimed last night that he will run 4.4 forty for his pro-day. On third down he played at DE this year.

yeah the DE on 3rd down helps with versatility at times since hes has the experience rushing QB from different spots

4.4...well its possible but i would say 4.5 is way more likely

regardless his 40..hes a great player and his game speed is FAST

hes a humble guy off the field i hear..hes the "quiet" one

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call