Welcome to PatsFans.com

Law Cancels Golfing Appearance -- Close to a Deal with AZ or NE?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Amnorix, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Amnorix

Amnorix Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. Mike the Brit

Mike the Brit Minuteman Target PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +195 / 2 / -0

Disable Jersey

3. Alk

Alk Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Maybe I missed that part, but where did the Cardinals come from? I didn't even know they were in the picture.
  4. WhiZa

WhiZa Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Let's see... Treesdale Golf & Country Club is next to Pittsburgh, so that's a 1.5 hour flight to Boston then maybe an hour to foxboro so maybe we'll have a signed contract in 3 hours??? :D
  5. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +97 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

We need F. B. N.

Maybe Ty's putting sucks and he needs help. If F.B.N. agrees to give him "tips' and lessons, he could sign with the Patriots.

What do yo say, Nut. Would you be willing to add that perk to get Law to sign with the Patriots?

I knew this was coming and that is why I started that "My Putting Sucks" thread.:rocker:
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2006
  6. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Looks like the hour may be closing in...

Could it be? Again?

[​IMG]
  7. DefenseRules

DefenseRules Rookie

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I was wondering the same thing. I thought the Titans and Chiefs were front runners?:confused:
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2005
  8. RoadGrader

RoadGrader Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I dunno.......

I think we would have a better shot if maybe Ms Faith offered to help Ty with his putter, but that's me
  9. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 2 / -0

Interesting in that his agent was the source, leaking this story, pitting one team against another in a final effort in all likelihood to wring as much money from the competing teams as possible

Still I'm glad to see that NE is still in the running... one would hope that if its actually a multi-year contract he's expressed a willingness to step in at Safety if and when that's necessary in the future... when CB skills begin to erode it happens quickly but many can convert to Safety nicely

And if AZ gets him, they'll probably find a way to screw it up, but that's a team that has made some solid offseason moves
  10. dryheat44

dryheat44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

That could well be the bulls eye. Very likely there is no contract close, and Poston is trying to create the illusion that there is one, in an attempt for a team like San Diego or Kansas City to come in with a last-ditch, big-money offer. I'd be shocked if Law signs with either of the teams mentioned.
  11. PATSNUTme

Ratings:
    +97 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

Has he had trouble driving the ball?
  12. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 2 / -0

Yeah - he's probably telling AZ that the Patriots have a 4 year $24 million offer on the table just like he did with KC!

The funny thing is, a lot of the FA money has already dried up and its a buyer's market - but once training camp starts and injuries begin to happen its a different supply and demand issue... all of a sudden teams losing a starting CB take a look at Ty and make some cuts and salary moves to be able to fit him in out of panic

Ty stands to do better by waiting to sign until training camp but seemingly wants a deal done sooner rather than later... why?
  13. edzo44

edzo44 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +5 / 1 / -0

#50 Jersey

Maybe its just me, but I can't picture Ty Law going to Training Camp and living in Arizona in the peak heat season out there. I don't care that they have a new stadium, I just can't picture Law setting himself up to potentially roast living in the desert. I'd figure him for Florida if he wanted to roast in a warm climate.

I agree that it's Poston flapping his gums to try to drum up offers from other teams. Still feel Kansas City is lurking on the fringe ready with an offer at the "correct" time (but we all know how good Herm is with his clock management skills .:rolleyes:
  14. broadwayjoe

broadwayjoe Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Thanks for the info and come back home Ty.
  15. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I tend to agree...Arizona?? Had NOT heard about Gree and company at all expresssing any interest...Hmmmm yes could be the old make it look like ther eis actions to have eams react sort of thing..BUT?? we will see how it plays out..NOT excited..just an obersver of this..If he comes here good..if not OK..
    I would like him here with reasonable money..but will that happen??
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2005
  16. PatsRI

PatsRI PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Come on, wouldn't any player want to cement his HOF candidacy by spending his final years in Arizona? If he goes there over NE then no one can argue he isn't about the $$.
  17. Boston Boxer

Boston Boxer U.S. Air Force Retired PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +16 / 3 / -1

#75 Jersey

Actually Arizona has (it appears) to be turning that dismal team around. They are really putting together a nice team down there. From the last couple of drafts to FA, I like what i see from Arizona
  18. mcbee

mcbee Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Doubt the patriots sign him. Too much injury risk and relatively high $ amount for an aging CB who has lost a step.

Only way he would be signed if he's proven he'll be in good shape instead of the fat chubby CB he was last year. (And yes, I know he had alot of ints, probably b/c they threw his way so much).
  19. PATSNUTme

Ratings:
    +97 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

Someone told me that they just heard on WEEI that Ty would make a decission by Friday.

I called this guy a liar. WEEI could not break away from Red Sox-Yankee talk no matter what happened.
  20. bunzoburns

bunzoburns Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Law

I have been listening to WEEI and they haven't said anything like that.

With the trade yesterday and Hochstein's extension, I have a feeling that they will be signing Ty today. They are wrapping up all lose ends in one swoop....just like Michael Corleone.