PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Something going right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kick coverage has been noticeably better during the games, especially Andrews and Blue as gunners on the punt team. Andrews has also been very good as the outside speed man on kickoffs, he has either made the tackle or forced the returner back into the coverage.

Poteat worked as a gunner during preseason, as did Chad Scott - I think Scott would be the better choice, it will be interesting to see what BB does Sunday.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Kick coverage has been noticeably better during the games, especially Andrews and Blue as gunners on the punt team. Andrews has also been very good as the outside speed man on kickoffs, he has either made the tackle or forced the returner back into the coverage.

Poteat worked as a gunner during preseason, as did Chad Scott - I think Scott would be the better choice, it will be interesting to see what BB does Sunday.
I'd love to see willie andrews get some opportunities to return punts.

MrBigglesWorth said:
I'd love to see willie andrews get some opportunities to return punts.
I suspect he is in the pipeline program for rookie defensive backs (Wilson 2003, Gay 2004, Hobbs 2005) and BB doesn't want him spread too thin now that the injury situation at DB is starting to get interesting. Faulk and Brown may not be threats to break it for a touchdown (though Brown has made some nice efforts in recent years), but they will make good decisions, something BB seems to emphasize for punt returners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back