PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Late day one or early day two???

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzPatsFan

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
What will we use our second three, the fours or fives on.

I suggest Charlie Whithurst might be one pick.

We need a third QB. CW is smart; graduated a year ago and played QB as a grad student. He has had an Off year but based on the Senior Bowl, I thought he looked very competent, in a Tom Brady sort of way...

He has great size, some pocket mobility, and a very good but not great arm. His head appears to be screwed on right too, and that is criterion number one in my book...

I don't think Whitehurst will make it out of the 3rd round and I don't want a QB that high. I think this year we'll stick with Brady, Flutie and Cassel and draft a developmental QB on the second day next year.

Brady. Cassel/Flutie. Flutie/Cassel.

Maybe I'm a little eccentric, but I find I'm partial to 6th round QBs (or later).

Depends on if Cassel works his way up. He needs to put in a ton of time this off season and really learn this offense.

Should be fun to see what happens in TC and in preseason games with this kid.

Who knows there might be a QB controversy brewing!

Drewwho said:
Who knows there might be a QB controversy brewing!

Hardly. But, if we don't reinforce the O-line, we may see more of him than we expect to.

jczxohn1 said:
Hardly. But, if we don't reinforce the O-line, we may see more of him than we expect to.

The two late round QBs that impressed me yesterday were Clemons out of Oregon and Martin from Furman.

Drewwho said:
Depends on if Cassel works his way up. He needs to put in a ton of time this off season and really learn this offense.
Not saying Cassel does know the offense now, but what makes you say he doesn't?

AzPatsFan said:
What will we use our second three, the fours or fives on.

I suggest Charlie Whithurst might be one pick.

If we pick this guy it'll be confusing when we talk abt CW... Which CW? the CW from ND... OR??

so I'd rather not

I'm with Dryheat

clemons and furman looked good considering I never heard of either one of them. Whitehurst has some game but I've seen him in a few games in his Clemson career and he is really inconsistent.

jczxohn1 said:

I couldn't agree more! This is a good year to build the future O-line. Mankins and Kaczur are good solid players and adding one or two good this year would solidify the line for a few years. A center/ guard and a right tackle project. resign Neal and Ashworth.....Let Brady live! :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call