PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LaFell and Easley not present at practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Are you referring to this?

If you do not think, a NFL WR can make a catch on a ball that would require at best a 20-inch vertical for a 5’10” WR to make I disagree completely. Was it a good throw, hell no, but suggesting it was an uncatchable football is a load of dog poop.

I am refering to that, which was high AND behind him.
But by all means continue your Amendola Jihad. Just do it with out me.

It would have been a very nice catch, and the slight tip might actually have been the difference between a catch/knockdown and the INT, but that ball was definitely not uncatchable or, at the least, capable of being knocked down.

That's asking a lot of the receiver in that situation, though.

Oh definitely not uncatchable, so in that way Brady6 is technically correct. It was a "catchable" ball, but from my perspective I place more blame on the combination of bad throw/tipped at the line than I do on Amendola.

Oh definitely not uncatchable, so in that way Brady6 is technically correct. It was a "catchable" ball, but from my perspective I place more blame on the combination of bad throw/tipped at the line than I do on Amendola.

That's how I'd break it down, too.

The ball was slightly behind him and way above him when he ran a crossing route at full speed. That's not a catchable ball and to say that "Amendola had a catchable football go off his hands and get intercepted" when the throw was so off is just rediculous.
I disagree; I think that is a catch a NFL WR can make, especially a $5.7M per season NFL WR. Would it have been a difficult catch, sure, but it was a catchable football, so I do not see anything ridiculous about saying he had a catchable football go off his hands for an interception, because that is what happen.

I wonder if its possible that the pass was meant for gronk who was a few yards directly behind amendola.

I disagree; I think that is a catch a NFL WR can make, especially a $5.7M per season NFL WR. Would it have been a difficult catch, sure, but it was a catchable football, so I do not see anything ridiculous about saying he had a catchable football go off his hands for an interception, because that is what happen.

Well since Dollar signs are the main factor on weather or not a ball is catchable, Larry Fitzgerald should be able to catch every single ball thrown on the field, including the balls thrown by the other team.

$5.7 million dollars isn't going to make amendola any taller to catch a ball throw out of his reach while jumping in the air.

I wonder if its possible that the pass was meant for gronk who was a few yards directly behind amendola.

Unlikely. It would have been 3 yards behind him and right into the arm of the defender.

Yes. Despite the fact that it was not uncatchable, anyone trying to pin blame on Amendola is off base.

I am refering to that, which was high AND behind him.
But by all means continue your Amendola Jihad. Just do it with out me.
Every time I see you post about Amendola I remember in training camp when you suggested Amendola could be better than Edelman. I just cannot get past that. You were wrong then and you are wrong now, and the football was catchable, and I would have said that about any of the WR it just happens to be Amendola. As I have said no doubt it was a difficult catch, but it was not uncatchable, and suggesting that is BS and we both know it. Which is exactly why you had to pull out your accusations of a jihad. Grow the F up Andy or you will be sent to ignore with the rest of the immature children. Brady6 does not fight with internet big mouths anymore, sorry.

Well since Dollar signs are the main factor on weather or not a ball is catchable, Larry Fitzgerald should be able to catch every single ball thrown on the field, including the balls thrown by the other team.

$5.7 million dollars isn't going to make amendola any taller to catch a ball throw out of his reach while jumping in the air.
I am not blaming Amendola, I never was, I said it was a catchable football. Do you think that catching that football would have been any more difficult than the catch he made against the Jets?

Some friendly criticism, but it's things like this that make it hard to forget that you have a long standing bias against this player from the onset. What this post is actually saying is, "I care less about the actual logistics of the football play than I do about the fact that Amendola is overpayed." Those are two separate topics, and it would be easier to debate with you on this if you could keep them separated.

Every time I see you post about Amendola I remember in training camp when you suggested Amendola could be better than Edelman. I just cannot get past that. You were wrong then and you are wrong now,

How can I be wrong about 'could'? Could means there is a chance, not that it will happen.

and the football was catchable, and I would have said that about any of the WR it just happens to be Amendola.
I know even you don't believe that.

As I have said no doubt it was a difficult catch, but it was not uncatchable, and suggesting that is BS and we both know it. Which is exactly why you had to pull out your accusations of a jihad. Grow the F up Andy or you will be sent to ignore with the rest of the immature children. Brady6 does not fight with internet big mouths anymore, sorry.

PLEASE put me on ignore. I have you there, but sometimes have to 'view ignored content' to understand posters responses. Of course pretty much every time its Amendola whining.

I am not blaming Amendola, I never was, I said it was a catchable football. Do you think that catching that football would have been any more difficult than the catch he made against the Jets?
Inordinately harder. Her could not make this catch because his hands could not get high enough to touch more than the bottom of the ball. Feel free to show me any catch made where a receiver running full speed across the field reached back and caught the bottom of the ball with just his fingertips. You won't find one.
The catch he made against the Jets was a very nice one, but he had a play on the ball. Here he really didn't.

that catch against the jets was a ****ing miracle of physics, but was ultimately an easier catch then this one because.

wait for it.

he was actually able to REACH THE BALL.

there is NO SCENERIO where Amendola catches this pass because it is TOO HIGH in the air, Danny jumps and fully extends and barely gets a finger tip on it. Gronk would have made that catch, because gronk would have been able to reach it.

This is on Brady for making a bad throw. as someone else pointed out above, if amendola doesn't make an attempt its an interception. he made an attempt and barely touched the ball it ended up as an interception. the only way that pass ends up being NOT an interception is if a taller player replaces amendola(Lafell/Gronk) or if brady doesnt make that throw.

Some friendly criticism, but it's things like this that make it hard to forget that you have a long standing bias against this player from the onset. What this post is actually saying is, "I care less about the actual logistics of the football play than I do about the fact that Amendola is overpayed." Those are two separate topics, and it would be easier to debate with you on this if you could keep them separated.
I would have said it was a catchable football if it was Edelman, LaFell, Wright, Gronkowski, Vereen or just about any other WR on the team. It would have been a difficult catch for sure but it was a catchable or at the very least he could have knocked it down to prevent the turnover, the interception is on Brady but being a good WR is often about stepping up and helping your teammate out when they make a poor, Amendola had an opportunity to do that and did not, that is what it is. I do not blame Amendola or hold him accountable for it, I am just not ignorant or delusional enough to suggest what happen on that play is the only possible outcome because that was not the case.

As far as my long standing issue goes, you are right, but I was the most RIGHT about Amendola, 95% of posters came at me suggesting I would be wrong, I stood my ground. My issue was with them being wrong and continuing to suggest otherwise, not with Amendola, since it has been understood that he sucks I seldom say anything about him.

How can I be wrong about 'could'? Could means there is a chance, not that it will happen.

PLEASE put me on ignore. I have you there, but sometimes have to 'view ignored content' to understand posters responses. Of course pretty much every time its Amendola whining.
Not really, find another post about Amendola in the past 30 days. I could careless, my issue was never with Amendola it was always with posters like you thinking you were right when you were clearly wrong. Now that Amendola has proven that for me with his performance I do not have to waste my time trying to explain simple logic to you and the other Amendola fans.

I am done with this conversation, the ball was catchable, end of story.

that catch against the jets was a ****ing miracle of physics, but was ultimately an easier catch then this one because.

wait for it.

he was actually able to REACH THE BALL.

there is NO SCENERIO where Amendola catches this pass because it is TOO HIGH in the air, Danny jumps and fully extends and barely gets a finger tip on it. Gronk would have made that catch, because gronk would have been able to reach it.

This is on Brady for making a bad throw. as someone else pointed out above, if amendola doesn't make an attempt its an interception. he made an attempt and barely touched the ball it ended up as an interception. the only way that pass ends up being NOT an interception is if a taller player replaces amendola(Lafell/Gronk) or if brady doesnt make that throw.
I played football for 10 years and I was always told if you can get your hands on the football you can catch it. That is the way I look at this, he got his hands on it so he could have caught it.

This guy referring to himself in the 3rd person should tell you everything you need to know about him. I wouldn't even bother clicking on "show ignore content" because 9 times out of 10, it's Brady6 making an ass out of himself.

Sorry, this is 100% wrong. With the tip, Amendola had no time for anything but instinct to kick in. Since you are claiming that it was catchable, you are in essence saying that you would want Danny's first instinct to be to bat a potential 3rd down reception to the turf just in case it might have been intercepted otherwise.
It is not a question of if he should have done it, it is to say he could have. WRs practice that all the time in hail mary passing drills. It could have been done, that is my point.

Lets be real here, if this was not Amendola what I said would not be such an issue, that is what is the real ******** of this entire discussion is it is completely built on immaturity and I am stupid enough to feed into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back