PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LaFell and Easley not present at practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
So no Jones, no Ayers, and Easley has a knee injury. Is Jake Bequette next man up?

vader.jpg

I disagree; I think that is a catch a NFL WR can make, especially a $5.7M per season NFL WR. Would it have been a difficult catch, sure, but it was a catchable football, so I do not see anything ridiculous about saying he had a catchable football go off his hands for an interception, because that is what happen.

Oh ffs, I watched Julian Edelman drop 4 passes almost in a row just a couple/three games ago. Last I looked, he makes pretty good $$$$, too, and those catches were a lot easier. Give it a rest.

Amendola didn't catch that ball for the same reason Miller didn't knock it down. Think real hard...it'll come to you.

Last edited:
Per multiple people on Twitter, Ayers' absence was not injury related.

Oh ffs, I watched Julian Edelman drop 4 passes almost in a row just a couple/three games ago. Last I looked, he makes pretty good $$$$, too, and those catches were a lot easier. Give it a rest.

Amendola didn't catch that ball for the same reason Miller didn't knock it down. Think real hard...it'll come to you.
This response is so obnoxious it's ridiculous. My post said Amendola had a good game although he did have a ball go off his hands and get intercepted. There is absolutely nothing wrong or out of line with me saying that so get lost with you nonsense. I can honestly say I am thoroughly disappointed and pissed off by the childish and cry baby-ish responses to my post.

You want to talk about something that needs a rest its you and the others who defend Amendola constantly. He is bad and if you think otherwise your ability to assess NFL talent is bad.

Do not post this **** with one of my posts quoted again. I do not have the time nor the interest in hearing excuses or whiny *****ing. I am above it, to good to be pulled into stupid conversations about bottom of the roster players that so many people failed to assess the talent of.

Bummer for the Jones family.

This response is so obnoxious it's ridiculous. My post said Amendola had a good game although he did have a ball go off his hands and get intercepted. There is absolutely nothing wrong or out of line with me saying that so get lost with you nonsense. I can honestly say I am thoroughly disappointed and pissed off by the childish and cry baby-ish responses to my post.

You want to talk about something that needs a rest its you and the others who defend Amendola constantly. He is bad and if you think otherwise your ability to assess NFL talent is bad.

Do not post this **** with one of my posts quoted again. I do not have the time nor the interest in hearing excuses or whiny *****ing. I am above it, to good to be pulled into stupid conversations about bottom of the roster players that so many people failed to assess the talent of.

Oooooooo...

The post I quoted perfectly laid out your unending (unhinged) beef and it didn't say what you claim.

You're like the guy who marries multiple times, has no kids, then wails at his bad luck for marrying eight barren women.z

And ps: for a guy who doesn't have the time, you've left and returned to this thread several times already. So, are you taking your ball and going home, but keep forgetting the ball, or what?

I do not have the time nor the interest in hearing excuses or whiny *****ing. I am above it, to good to be pulled into stupid conversations about bottom of the roster players that so many people failed to assess the talent of.
REALLY_SNL_AIGflv.jpg

You know, most of the people who post on this board are very reasonable. Perhaps you should consider that if numerous people have an issue with you over and over again, particularly about the same thing that its about you not them.
Perhaps you should consider this instead of continually telling people what you decide they can or cannot post, or acting as if you have a right to allow them to respond to your posts.
You would probably enjoy your experience here much more if you didn't act so threatened by people disagreeing with you, because, honestly, you are a lightning rod for disagreement.

Can you guys set up a separate thread to debate the Welker catch or whatever this is?
Looking for thoughts on player injury status for this week here.
Thanks.

You know, most of the people who post on this board are very reasonable. Perhaps you should consider that if numerous people have an issue with you over and over again, particularly about the same thing that its about you not them.
Perhaps you should consider this instead of continually telling people what you decide they can or cannot post, or acting as if you have a right to allow them to respond to your posts.
You would probably enjoy your experience here much more if you didn't act so threatened by people disagreeing with you, because, honestly, you are a lightning rod for disagreement.
Oooooooo...

The post I quoted perfectly laid out your unending (unhinged) beef and it didn't say what you claim.

You're like the guy who marries multiple times, has no kids, then wails at his bad luck for marrying eight barren women.z

And ps: for a guy who doesn't have the time, you've left and returned to this thread several times already. So, are you taking your ball and going home, but keep forgetting the ball, or what?

I'm not a lightning rod for anything I am tired of listening to you and others berate me with quoted posts every ****ing time the word Amendola is in one of my posts. It is old, petty, and at this point just plain pathetic. It is always the same 5-6 posters and I can name them if you would like, I am over it. You all need to get over it, you were wrong about Amendola so stop ****ing trying to defend everything especially when a defense isn't even needed.

If you think it is not obnoxious ask yourself this question when is the last time you quoted a post of mine that did not have the name Amendola in it? 50 yard line should ask himself that same question? Now ask yourselves this question when is the last time I first quoted a post by you with the name Amendola in it?

This entire **** show is on you guys, not me, and just because you gang up on me as a group of berating bullies does not change that and your attempts to pass the buck for this **** is weak. I am not going to roll over and die because you cannot accept the fact you failed to properly assess Amendola and are ultra sensitive to anything I post about him.

I have LIKED and AGREED WITH many of your posts over the last few weeks - go and look at your Alerts list.

I am also SICK of you and your jihad - you can't help yourself and it's pathetic. between the left-handed compliments and the "5.7" comments, you just can't help yourself.

I have LIKED and AGREED WITH many of your posts over the last few weeks - go and look at your Alerts list.

I am also SICK of you and your jihad - you can't help yourself and it's pathetic. between the left-handed compliments and the "5.7" comments, you just can't help yourself.
It is not a jihad it is an acknowledgement of something that happened. Amendola did have a good game against Denver and he did have a ball that could have been caught go off his hands for an interception. The problem is you and the others are overly sensitive so when I say Amendola you all pounce and overreact with irrational response. I cannot make a basic acknowledgement of an actual play that occurred without this type of overwhelming response. It is really quite sad in fact.

I had posts where I acknowledge Edelman dropping balls I didn't see this type of response for any of them. This is on you guys for not being rational and overacting you need to work it out in your head because I should be able to say Amendola without being bombarded with nonsense.

The content of the argument was accurate and correct the content of your argument was incorrect, as was the case for others and despite that it was presented aggressively and issue was taken when it was not agreed with. It destroyed yours and many others creditability because it highlighted that your opinions are based solely on name notoriety and what the team invested in the player. Amendola was a poor signing from day one and I maintained that and you took issue with that and your failure was that you relied on nothing but the fact Amendola was well known and the Patriots invested a lot in him. You were wrong here and if you maintain that mediocre approach to scouting and assessing personnel you will be wrong many more times.

You are also wrong if you believe that football was not catchable.

What nobody cares about is your after the fact attempts to save face when really a person who was as wrong and misdirected as you were on the Amendola subject would be better off standing clear of it rather than inserting yourself into something you've so clearly already failed to assess properly.

I sad nothing with regard to whether the pass was catchable. I will repeat the part of your post that I reacted to. It was you that said that what was relevant was that posters thinking that they were right. As I indicated, this is a post that does not deal with the content, and if fact says that content is irrelevant.

"I could careless, my issue was never with Amendola it was always with posters like you thinking you were right when you were clearly wrong."

I do not have the time nor the interest in hearing excuses or whiny *****ing. I am above it, to good to be pulled into stupid conversations about bottom of the roster players that so many people failed to assess the talent of.

kkrWrz1.gif

Didn't we beat the "best team" in football by 22 points?

You need to switch to decaf dude.

I sad nothing with regard to whether the pass was catchable. I will repeat the part of your post that I reacted to. It was you that said that what was relevant was that posters thinking that they were right. As I indicated, this is a post that does not deal with the content, and if fact says that content is irrelevant.

"I could careless, my issue was never with Amendola it was always with posters like you thinking you were right when you were clearly wrong."
The problem is I can't take anything you post with much more than a grain of salt because you only appear in conversations when you see an opportunity for confrontation. It is predictable, I know that if I post about Amendola in any way, shape or form, I will almost instantly get tapatalk alerts that you, AJ, 50, and 2-3 others taking issue with what I say. I could open a thread that said today is Danny Amendola's birthday and you and the rest would respond in the context that I was calling Amendola old and washed up. Like I said it is just predictable and expected at this point so when it happens I just think wow are these dudes really that hard up for an Internet argument. To answer my own question yes it appears you dudes are, otherwise this would not be a 10+ page thread filled with worthless **** that just pollutes this board.

I like Amendola, I don't think he's lived up to his contract by any means. However, he's made some clutch plays here and there over the season. Thus, I think he would be an asset to his team with a restructured contract.

In regards to the most recent debacle regarding Amendola's missed catch. Thel ball is catchable sure, but very difficult/ near impossible for a player of his height. Thus, for Amendola I say it was not really catchable for him. That's my take on the situation. Nevertheless, this has been an interesting thread.

Anyways what is up with Lafell and Easley not showing up to practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST