PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kyle Brady released

Status
Not open for further replies.
sweeper.gif
sweeper.gif
sweeper.gif

I saw an interview with Belichick a couple of weeks ago. Said he hadn't watched the Super Bowl yet. My guess is that he has now. And, saw how poorly Kyle played. Kyle played at PSU. I like the guy. Even met him a few times. But, he ain't worth 3m. He had trouble staying healthy this year. And, is replaceable.

I'm surprised people are surprised, I didn't realize how big his cap hit was...if I'd known, I'd have expected it, I didn't see him making significant contributions during the periods when we abandoned the run anyway, and he didn't do much in 'extra protection' schemes as I saw even though he's the size of a tackle...

He had shoulder surgery recently. I thought he looked lousy in the

Superbowl. Of course, the rest of the offensive line did too. Would

have probably started training camp on PUP. Both he and Colvin were

injured and in the last year of their contracts. Frees up a little money.

Give me a lower paid drafted fat and tall kid who loves the weight room...
He'll play better than Brady did this year when Dante is done with him.

Not surprised. The guy had a $3 million cap hit with a $2 million base. Too much for blocking TE.

.. that was awful in the SB.... agreed

we had only signed kyle to a two year deal???

Blocking tight end?

Blocking tight end?

Blocking? Blocking?

I'm thinking back to the SuperBowl. I know I've heard of blocking, but I'm having trouble putting my finger on it?

Oh, yeah? Blocking? Is that where the offensive guys try to get in front of the defensive guys and slow them down before they kill our quarterback? Something like that, right?

I don't remember a blocking tight end in the SuperBowl.

Now, turnstile tight end! That I remember.

I don't remember a blocking tight end in the SuperBowl.

Now, turnstile tight end! That I remember.

Kyle Brady joins Max Lane in the Hall of Shame.

:rofl::rofl: @ people getting worried because Kyle Brady was let go.

as per herald.

He wasn't an overly productive player here anyways.......He was brought in primarily to protect T. Brady......and was injured often.....he will most likely retire now......good luck Kyle

Not surprised. The guy had a $3 million cap hit with a $2 million base. Too much for blocking TE.

Don't be surprised if Rodney Harrison's number comes up. The

Pats could save themselves $3 million dollars.

Patriots will sign Ben Utecht

All 3 fans who owned a Kyle Brady jersey are going to be upset.

Patriots will sign Ben Utecht

He's a restricted free agent. It's highly doubtful the Dolts wouldn't match any offer sheet as Utech wouldn't be that expensive and I read the Dolts freed up 8 million in cap space by releasing Rob Morris and Booger McFarland. So Utecht is definitely within their means. Utecht won't be a Patriot. Also, if you ask most Colt fans he's not much of a great blocker either.

Last edited:
Dave Thomas is a catching TE. He'd be more of a passing threat. Spach would be purely used as a blocker.

You are right Thomas is more of a receiving TE but he gives a good effort as a blocker. He is more of an angle blocker, not the type that will overpower anyone. He seems to always be in good position and is stronger than most people think. He's ultra-intelligent and a hard worker. He will be our #1 TE next year is what I meant. I really like Dave Thomas.

Who cares about Kyle Brady, realistically we only wanted him for 1 yr. I'm sure we will also bolster the group this offseason. Spach will be gone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back