PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kyle Brady released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boy I tell you between Miguels page and common sense I could be S.Pioli,lol. What took so long? Everything the pats are doing is behind a timeline....either the press doesnt have a typical insider or they FO went on vacation last week. Signing all these guys today,first day of FA, doesnt make much sense. But NO on the Rodney release. We just lost 3/6 of our DBs. We drafted Merriweather to replace Wilson. Lots of holes to fill, all we can hope for now is that Randy is playing possum to waste alot of other teams' time. If we lose him without franchising I will lose ALL respect for the FO. From best offense in history back to the stone age.....

He could be back at the minimum, or the Patriots could go a different route. Frankly, I think Dave Thomas will finally take the team (and league) by storm this year and relegate Watson to second fiddle, while one of the eight picks will be spent on a tight end (maybe the super-speedy guy from Texas in round 3 or 4).

I think Ben "Mr. Invisible Down the Stretch" Watson has kind of relegated himself to second fiddle.

He was no more cut for his play in the Super Bowl than they considered giving him an extension for being a dominant blocker in the AFC title game.

The Pats do not keep players when they think cap hit outweighs production. That was the case with Colvin. That is the case with Kyle Brady.

I hear he was released because one of the locker room attendents gave Kyle the phone when Giselle called and asked for "Mr. Brady."

He could be back at the minimum, or the Patriots could go a different route. Frankly, I think Dave Thomas will finally take the team (and league) by storm this year and relegate Watson to second fiddle, while one of the eight picks will be spent on a tight end (maybe the super-speedy guy from Texas in round 3 or 4).

I wouldn't be so sure about that. He only flashed ability for one or two games, and has been hurt both seasons with the Patriots. Remember, this last injury was a broken foot, and he tried to come back, but reinjured it, or tweaked it. Thinking he's going to be able to stay healthy and pass Watson on the depth chart seems like a tall order to me. Also, Dave Thomas hasn't shown me anything to suggest he's actually better than Ben Watson. Yes, he's flashed some potential, and they could develop into a very good pair, but he's had very few flashes of "greatness", and Watson has had better games. Don't forget Ben fought through a bad ankle injury for a large part of the season after that no talent Safety Roy Williams tackled him illigally. Before that Dallas game Watson was among the top ranked TE's in the league in a number of statistical areas, including dropped passes (it seemed his hands had improved a great deal), and while he's still not a great blocker, he's somewhat improved in that area.

Maybe they could sign Daniel Graham as a free agent.

Oh, yeah...

Nevermind.

I've got a better idea why not sign a six foot chunk of granite for brady to bounce balls off of.

The Pats do not keep players when they think cap hit outweighs production. That was the case with Colvin. That is the case with Kyle Brady.

Bingo! The Patriots' formula has been more succesful for the last eight years than any other NFL franchise's business plan, so let's all take a deep breath and relax. The Pats have successfully built a better plan both short term and long term than any other team in the salary cap era, so we would be well advised to take a step back, look at the big picture, and stop second guessing every daily move and non-move.

In the interim I'll trust that Pioli and BB are correct in their analysis that Kyle Brady is not worth 3-mil against the cap.

Also, this puts them at around $24M under th cap. Don't go by Migual's current figures, they are wrong. J. Kraft said they were $22M under the cap, just the other day.

Kraft was including this in his 22M figure. As to Miquel's numbers, he doesn't have the opportunity to predict the future prior to it happening. Funny thing about that.

It's about time we drafted a blocking TE. Doesn't even need to be a high pick. Let Watson and Thomas catch balls, bring in the new guy to just maul people. The only issue I see if this years draft class is about as weak as it gets.

Also, this puts them at around $24M under th cap. Don't go by Migual's current figures, they are wrong. J. Kraft said they were $22M under the cap, just the other day.

Are you including the Bruschi, Paxton, and Washington's resignings in your $24 million figure???

Did Jonathan Kraft's number include the cap effect of the 4 ERFA tenders, and the RFA tender to Mike Wright?? I am trying to figure out why my numbers are wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft