Kraft "pats to get to work" to re-sign Revis

Status
Not open for further replies.

RIpats88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
In other news, water is wet.

hope it doesnt come down like the redsox/lester situation

Cutting Revis' Cap charge down to a AAV of $15 million, allows lots of other signings. Ghost already makes good money so a only nominal raise is in the offing. The only large new expenditures will be for McCourty and Solder. Both can be financed with Revis Cap savings, though. Ayers, Branch, Cassilas and Ridley can be financed by Amendola and Mayo re-negotiations. Vereen through CAP growth.

I think the Pats can keep everyone they want, realistically.

Since year 2 is already on the books at $20 million, while the Red Sox started off by trying to screw Lester anally without lube and against his will, the situations are already too different for future comparisons to really apply.

The thing that bothers me is Goodell's close relationship with the Jets. So far, the grievance
against Johnson's blatant tampering is relegated to the back burner. What happens if the
Jets tamper further by making counter offers to each of the Patriot's pre March 10th offers?
Will Goodell look the other way?

Not really comparable. That would be more like it coming out that, in October, NE offered Revis a 4 year $36mm contract with $17mm guaranteed. As far as I can tell, there are no such fences to mend when it comes to this negotiation.

Cutting Revis' Cap charge down to a AAV of $15 million, allows lots of other signings. Ghost already makes good money so a only nominal raise is in the offing. The only large new expenditures will be for McCourty and Solder. Both can be financed with Revis Cap savings, though. Ayers, Branch, Cassilas and Ridley can be financed by Amendola and Mayo re-negotiations. Vereen through CAP growth.

I think the Pats can keep everyone they want, realistically.

Solder is on the books for $7.4mm, I think, so his cap number would probably even come down a tad if he gets extended.

I'm thinking the offer has to be 5 years at $70 million with $49 million garantee or close to it.

That is still a CAP reduction of at least $10 million in 2015. More if the first year is mostly bonus to amortize, perhaps 12 million. You should be able to resign McCourty and Solder with $10 - 12 million more or so.

This is the best news I've heard all day!

I expect this to be done soon. Not only cause he is the most valuable player you might lose but also cause until you work this out you can't do anything else I think.

Blatant tampering by Kraft.

/goodell

tumblr_inline_mmsx4yboeZ1qz4rgp.gif

I expect this to be done soon. Not only cause he is the most valuable player you might lose but also cause until you work this out you can't do anything else I think.

There's also no other elite CB you can go after if he leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST