PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft "pats to get to work" to re-sign Revis

Status
Not open for further replies.
really noting new we know they are going to work on it. I say if he wants more then 12 million per his gone

I dont believe that at all.I am sure they are willing to pay him 14 million.
I would not be shocked if they did but I don't see them paying that much and I am not sure he even wants that much I think he would be happy to play for 12 million per on a 4 year contract with some nice upfront money

The real question is does he want a deal with the pats. I'm sure that's the first thing him and his agent will talk about. I think he does want to stay with the pats. I read that the pats have the youngest championship team and Brady is in great shape. Good chance if they keep Revis this team could win a couple more championships. I know that might sound crazy but it would be awesome if Brady's career started with 3 and he ended it with a few more rings. Sorry to get off topic. I'm still excited. Ha

The real question is does he want a deal with the pats. I'm sure that's the first thing him and his agent will talk about. I think he does want to stay with the pats. I read that the pats have the youngest championship team and Brady is in great shape. Good chance if they keep Revis this team could win a couple more championships. I know that might sound crazy but it would be awesome if Brady's career started with 3 and he ended it with a few more rings. Sorry to get off topic. I'm still excited. Ha

Revis wants to be paid as top CB.

Peterson got 14,010,000.00 per year, Sherman @ 14m/yr. Haden @13.5m/yr. All players are ~20%-35% guaranteed of their contract.
http://overthecap.com/position/cornerback/

$14,020,000.00 per year will keep him in NE. 3-4yrs, with 20%-30% guaranteed.

IMO

I would not be shocked if they did but I don't see them paying that much and I am not sure he even wants that much I think he would be happy to play for 12 million per on a 4 year contract with some nice upfront money

???

Why would he be happy to take $2m-$4m less per year than he can get?

The thing that bothers me is Goodell's close relationship with the Jets. So far, the grievance
against Johnson's blatant tampering is relegated to the back burner. What happens if the
Jets tamper further by making counter offers to each of the Patriot's pre March 10th offers?
Will Goodell look the other way?

Just reading the courts ruled Goodell screwed up in everything he did in the Adrian Peterson case, meaning he has screwed up about everything he's touched in the past year.

I'll stand with my prediction that Goodell is fired or "retired" before the draft this year.

I expect this to be done soon. Not only cause he is the most valuable player you might lose but also cause until you work this out you can't do anything else I think.

I think McCourty gets the franchise tag in the next couple of weeks.

That would give them to the middle of July to work out a longer term extension.

My concerns are that the reports about them not making much progress this past fall may be true, as well as the fact that a decision for the tag will need to be made in the next 3 weeks or so.

Last edited:

Yeah, as others have mentioned, I'm not too sure that he wouldn't want more money, but I'm guessing that the Sherman situation is a fine deal for comparison's sake. That was 4/56 with about 40 guaranteed, and 14m per year.

I started this process hoping that something in the range of $12MM/yr would be the number. I no longer think that's possible. The Krafts would do a $12MM/yr deal in a nanosecond. The good news is, however, based on what I'm reading about the Peterson and Sherman contracts, I don't think they have to go over $14MM/yr. To keep a HOF kind of talent, even though I know he will edge past his prime during the contract, it would be worth it to go $2MM/yr over your ideal budget. They won't let him go for that small a difference.

$14MM/yr puts him in the range of the top guys, and if he was true to his previous comments that he doesn't have to be THE top guy, but rather just has to be in the near neighborhood, that should satisfy him. I think he should recognize that he is 3-4 years older than those guys and that has to count for something.

That would be fair. Quite frankly if they offered him that kind of deal and he left for a $15-16MM deal, then I'd be fine. You can extend your salary structure for the exceptional talent. The Pats have always done that in the past. What you CAN'T do is break it, especially for a talent entering his 30's. If he had been 26 or 27, I'd do it in a heartbeat.....but he isn't....and I wouldn't

Extend Revis, cut Browner, problem solved.

You don't let transformational talent like Revis walk away.

I started this process hoping that something in the range of $12MM/yr would be the number. I no longer think that's possible. The Krafts would do a $12MM/yr deal in a nanosecond. The good news is, however, based on what I'm reading about the Peterson and Sherman contracts, I don't think they have to go over $14MM/yr. To keep a HOF kind of talent, even though I know he will edge past his prime during the contract, it would be worth it to go $2MM/yr over your ideal budget. They won't let him go for that small a difference.

$14MM/yr puts him in the range of the top guys, and if he was true to his previous comments that he doesn't have to be THE top guy, but rather just has to be in the near neighborhood, that should satisfy him. I think he should recognize that he is 3-4 years older than those guys and that has to count for something.

That would be fair. Quite frankly if they offered him that kind of deal and he left for a $15-16MM deal, then I'd be fine. You can extend your salary structure for the exceptional talent. The Pats have always done that in the past. What you CAN'T do is break it, especially for a talent entering his 30's. If he had been 26 or 27, I'd do it in a heartbeat.....but he isn't....and I wouldn't

I agree that something in the range of Richard Sherman is enough to get it done. I couldn't see why both sides wouldn't find that to be a worthy deal.

Anything in the 15-16 million dollar range would probably be too much, unless they'd somehow work out a short term deal that they could revisit again in the offseason as another stopgap, much like the kind of deal that he had in Tampa Bay.

Some here are throwing around 16m x 5 yr numbers = 80 million (with 50 guaranteed) and I think that is simply too much. We'll have to see how it all works out.

After analyzing somethings, I think we will see a 13 mil a year contract. 4 years, 52 mil, 40 guaranteed. Cap hit of 8 mil 2015, 10 mil in 2016, 12 mill 2017, and 12 mil 2018. Wil proably be some incentives to increase his money per year as well. I think revis having a taste of winning, he will want more and take a little less but not much to stay here and keep patriots a competitor! Once he signs his long term deal, i am bying his jersey with the superbowl patch. I got a 20% off coupon for fanatics :D

Has Vegas put odds on this? I want to see this happen but as more time goes on I keep thinking that he will wind up somewhere with more cap space

Cutting Browner wouldn't even save that much-plus as others have mentioned he adds another dimension to the D. $14m a year would be reasonable. Anything under that and you're looking at a New England/potential success discount IMO.

I hope this works out and sooner the better.

After analyzing somethings, I think we will see a 13 mil a year contract. 4 years, 52 mil, 40 guaranteed. Cap hit of 8 mil 2015, 10 mil in 2016, 12 mill 2017, and 12 mil 2018. Wil proably be some incentives to increase his money per year as well. I think revis having a taste of winning, he will want more and take a little less but not much to stay here and keep patriots a competitor! Once he signs his long term deal, i am bying his jersey with the superbowl patch. I got a 20% off coupon for fanatics :D

I think your numbers may be a bit off. I am only seeing 42 million in your four year projection, not the 52m that you predict. It may be possible that you overlooked 10 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back