PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft not a 2020 HOF finalist

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is really going to disappoint all the fans that go to Canton to see busts of their favorite owners.

The only surprising aspect of this is that Kraft had his fingers all over the last CBA and other profitable decisions. One would think that would have put him on a shortlist. I guess not..

True.
Sadly, Bob is like the kid who wants to hang with the cool kids. They have him go fetch this & that but at the end they always pants him or some other prank and all laugh at his misfortune. Then, Bob comes back for more.

I don't think retirement is necessary for owners to be in the HOF. Jerry Jones is already in. Based on his contributions to the game, Kraft should get in before a owners like Art Modell or Bud Adams who were named finalists. Spa-gate is what's keeping him out.
What contributions to the game has kraft made?

I think he was instrumental in the last CBA
I don’t see that as a hof worthy contribution to the game. It would mean whatever owner is chosen to deal with cba negotiation becomes a HOFer.

Wow, Cliff Branch and Harold Carmichael are up there, but no Stanley Morgan.

He had his fingers all over the CBA? Nice choice of words.

Today, we are all Patriots!

This is really going to disappoint all the fans that go to Canton to see busts of their favorite owners.
An exhibit featuring a booster seat, size 5 white Reebok’s, an empty gimlet glass, and a used tub of K Y Jelly should be enough. No name plate necessary. Visitors will know.

If Kraft doesn't belong no "new" owners do. People really need to be reminded of what he's done? Or some just don't know?

He has absolutely huge in 2011. Players, owners all gave him a ton of credit for keeping a level head & bringing /keeping sides together.

He also played a role in marketing/merch & the TV deals that happened.

He's not passing for any TDs or blocking any kicks but the guy was the owner in one of the biggest turnarounds in NFL history. Again for those that don't know the Pats were NOT cool. Nobody cared abt us at all. Now no one can stop talking abt us. If you're making a list of why we're successful he's far behind Brady, Bill, Scar, Ernie etc but he's absolutely relevant in terms of our success.

Keeping the NEP here & the success we've had just can't be ignored. Locally & the imprint it's had on this era.

If Kraft doesn't belong no "new" owners do. People really need to be reminded of what he's done? Or some just don't know?

He has absolutely huge in 2011. Players, owners all gave him a ton of credit for keeping a level head & bringing /keeping sides together.

He also played a role in marketing/merch & the TV deals that happened.

He's not passing for any TDs or blocking any kicks but the guy was the owner in one of the biggest turnarounds in NFL history. Again for those that don't know the Pats were NOT cool. Nobody cared abt us at all. Now no one can stop talking abt us. If you're making a list of why we're successful he's far behind Brady, Bill, Scar, Ernie etc but he's absolutely relevant in terms of our success.

Keeping the NEP here & the success we've had just can't be ignored. Locally & the imprint it's had on this era.
I have a higher bar for the football hall of fame than that. It doesn’t mean I think he is useless and accomplished nothing it marks I think the hall of fame requires more.
And yeah, probably none of the new owners belong.

I have a higher bar for the football hall of fame than that. It doesn’t mean I think he is useless and accomplished nothing it marks I think the hall of fame requires more.
And yeah, probably none of the new owners belong.
Yea it's subjective I guess. Maybe some value what he's done more then others. In terms of precedent though there's more then enough to make a case when you consider who else is in there.

And at the risk of sounding like a homer I want as many NEP in there considering the bias against us.

Some people like to "you can't tell the story of league w/out so & so" as a reason someone should get in. I don't agree w that but forget abt telling the story. We are the story over the last 20-25 years. We literally help write the last 2 decades.

I really don't care abt his personal life. Others do that's fine. In terms of owners, precedent, he definitely deserves a spot.

Jerruh is in. That is the precedent and why this is a story.
I don't understand why this idiot is in the HOF, the only good thing he has done was hire jimmy Johnson as head coach 25 years ago. Other than that hes been a terrible owner who is always meddling with the team.

I don't understand why this idiot is in the HOF, the only good thing he has done was hire jimmy Johnson as head coach 25 years ago.
It's ridiculous.

Harold Baines > Robert Kraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3