PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft is becoming an embarassment every time he opens his mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not turning it into anything other than the sport.....you are relying on stereotypical BS which is very innacurate

I've coached girls/women at a reasonably high level in sports.........I can tell you much of what you say is ********.......athletically competitive people are more similar than different when it comes to gender.....in fact, some of the women are nastier than any men
And none of this has anything to do with womens' tendency to express what their feeling vs. men's tendency to keep it inside. It is about communication and expression, not toughness. Were your perspective less narrow, you would easily see this.

And none of this has anything to do with womens' tendency to express what their feeling vs. men's tendency to keep it inside. It is about communication and expression, not toughness. Were your perspective less narrow, you would easily see this.

which itself has nothing to do with the fact that players get concussions in all contact sport.....which is the point that bob Kraft originally made.......which is accurate

which itself has nothing to do with the fact that players get concussions in all contact sport.....which is the point that bob Kraft originally made.......which is accurate
Do you prefer suspension or cable stayed bridges?

Can someone show me the athletes from other sports who committed suicide because of CTE?

The studies you quoted look exclusively at college athletics, from Division I to Division III. It's laughable how you think that those statistics are relevant to concussions in the National Football League. Division III football is barely a step above high school level.

We are talking about the National Football League in this thread, not Amherst and Framingham State.

I still think that Illegal Contact's posting of the study was really interesting and illuminating (I'm going to go to bat for him a little here). It said that Sports Related Concussion Rate per 10,000 exposures (SCR) is much much higher than one would expect for women in college sports. I'm surprised. One of the articles opines that it is because women have weaker necks and are usually smaller than men. That is an interesting point also that I wouldn't have thought of.

Several posters have pointed out that it is likely that college football players are less likely to report concussions than women soccer players. That frankly seems likely to me, so probably the men's college football concussions are under reported somewhat. That doesn't negate the basic point of the study, that women's SCR are much higher than one would expect.

Does this study have particular relevance to the NFL concussion controversy? I don't think anyone is saying that (correct me if I'm wrong). There is a big difference between college sports and the type of repeated head collisions that take place in a long NFL career. Plus, it has been well established that concussions in the NFL are causing significant brain damage in some NFL players that is leading to premature deaths, cognitive impairment, and suicides after retirement, and as far as I know that is unique to the NFL.

Last edited:
I still think that Illegal Contact's posting of the study was really interesting and illuminating (I'm going to go to bat for him a little here). It said that Sports Related Concussion Rate per 10,000 exposures (SCR) is much much higher than one would expect for women in college sports. I'm surprised. One of the articles opines that it is because women have weaker necks and are usually smaller than men. That is an interesting point also that I wouldn't have thought of.

Several posters have pointed out that it is likely that college football players are less likely to report concussions than women soccer players. That frankly seems likely to me, so probably the men's college football concussions are under reported somewhat. That doesn't negate the basic point of the study, that women's SCR are much higher than one would expect.

Does this study have particular relevance to the NFL concussion controversy? I don't think anyone is saying that (correct me if I'm wrong). There is a big difference between college sports and the type of repeated head collisions that take place in a long NFL career. Plus, it has been well established that concussions in the NFL are leading to significant brain damage in some NFL players that is leading to premature deaths.
Neck strength certainly has a significant effect on on one's propensity for concussions.

of course not........you missed the point.......fact is that Jonathan could say the exact same thing as Bob and the haters will all still hate the same way

carry on

You're missing the point, Robert Kraft once again went out and told the world how wonderful Roger Goodell was, Jonathan Kraft did no such thing.

Aren't all the high profile brain damage cases been players who had NFL careers? Doesn't the extra years of extra head trauma have an effect? Consider that you don't hear an epidemic of CTE-related stuff with former college-only players. And to extend that to women's sports, there are very few pro women leagues where extra years of head trauma occurs like those in the NFL.

When you consider that there's less than 12 minutes of actual action in an NFL game, and that they only play 16 games in a season, the concussion rate of the NFL is extremely alarming. In many other sports, players see double or even triple the amount of action in a single game, and can play 10 times more games in a season. Given the massive difference in actual playing time, it isn't unreasonable that other sports, men's or women's, could have higher concussion rates.

Aren't all the high profile brain damage cases been players who had NFL careers? Doesn't the extra years of extra head trauma have an effect? Consider that you don't hear an epidemic of CTE-related stuff with former college-only players. And to extend that to women's sports, there are very few pro women leagues where extra years of head trauma occurs like those in the NFL.

too many of you don't give a **** about hockey

When you consider that there's less than 12 minutes of actual action in an NFL game, and that they only play 16 games. the concussion rate of the NFL is extremely alarming. In many other sports, players see double or even triple the amount of action, and can play 10 times more games in a season. Given the massive difference in actual playing time, it isn't unreasonable that other sports, men's or women's, could have higher concussion rates.

and most hockey players spend less than 20 minutes per game on the ice

and most hockey players spend less than 20 minutes per game on the ice
If football players played every snap on offense, defense and special teams, then they'd see about 60% of the action that said ice hockey player sees. How many games in an ice hockey season?

If football players played every snap on offense, defense and special teams, then they'd see about 3/5 (60%) the amount of action that said ice hockey player sees. How many games in an ice hockey season?

ummm.....yeah, so.......how much time is spent merely skating?

the collisions in hockey are worse........it's not even close

ummm.....yeah, so.......how much time is spent merely skating?

the collisions in hockey are worse........it's not even close
If you'll notice, I haven't given an opinion on what sports cause the most concussions or have the most brutal collisions. I am adding critical information to help give a clearer picture of what we are dealing with.

If you'll notice, I haven't given an opinion on what sports cause the most concussions. I am adding critical information to help give a clearer picture of what we are dealing with.

its not a competition to me, either.....just the simple fact that the NFL does not have the market cornered on the concussion market........the fact that it happens in many other sports is the only point......and today, the knowledge is there and the parents still suit up the kids in all these sports.......so one can easily argue that the premise of this thread is very very silly

Andy, as much as I agree that Bob needs to bow out and turn things over to Jonathan, this really isn't an outrageous sentiment. As someone who played football in school, I agree with him.

I agree. It's tricky to isolate statements like these and find definitive fault. Interestingly, I've seen reports that state that women's soccer has some of the highest incident rates for concussions. Go figure. But it's definitely up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents