PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft and Goodell FRIENDS?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, don't believe me, check out message boards of any other team in the League that have game thread topics on your playoff games (or the Giants game last week) and you'll see that it's not even close.

Rightly or wrongly there is clearly a perception outside the bubble you all seem to live in that you guys are the League's and its officials' darlings. .

So we're supposed to just take the word or the fans of 31 other teams that the Refs like us more? Fans perception for 31 other teams, and even our own perception can be blinded by many things (hatred, jealousy etc...). So unless someone provides numbers of how many penalties were called for and against, I'll stick to my beliefs that NE isn't the zebra darling that the "jealous / hating" fans of 31 other teams make them out to be.

No, what's interesting (and what you all can't seem to see) is that it's your team that the rest of the League thinks is getting the special treatment time and time again. So who's right on this, Pats homers or the fans of the other 31 teams?

You did it. You exposed the truth that the Patriots have been receiving blantant favoritism from the NFL all year. The Pats were in 4 close games this season. We apparently got all of the calls in each of them. Surprisingly the total calls and yards against in the Colts, Eagles and Giants games were an aggregate 22 for 232 yards adverse to the Pats and 12 for 96 against their opponents. Just a bit tough for us Pats fans to see the obvious bias that the rest of the nation sees. And by the way, ask Jags fans how they felt about the refs in their 2nd game against the Colts.

this adds a little more to the fun theory that the pats set up spygate on purpose as motivation and what not.

The Bills are an embarrassment. I'm embarrassed as a fan that i have to watch that garbage team twice a year while im watching my team. They should put those losers in the CFL.

this adds a little more to the fun theory that the pats set up spygate on purpose as motivation and what not.

The Bills are an embarrassment. I'm embarrassed as a fan that i have to watch that garbage team twice a year while im watching my team. They should put those losers in the CFL.

i never thought of it that way, on purpose and all. it does add a little something to it. although theres not much to it in the first place.

as for putting the bills in the cfl, didnt you hear? the crazy owner is trying to move to canada! maybe goodell should let him, and then once they are all moved, tell them "oh, you are from canada. you can only play in the cfl now" lol

on a side note, keegs, how long you think before we see lekevin run out on the field?

on a side note, keegs, how long you think before we see lekevin run out on the field?

my sources tell me he's ready... but he just doesn't feel like doing it yet.

My feelings about Goodell an his ruling are obvious but let me just state it for the record:

When Kraft met Goodell after the Giants game, Kraft should have poked *him* in the eye!

What I think is irrelevant but if you want to know, as a fan of the team punished, I thought Goodell came down too harsh.

Did he handle it well? That's not for me to decide. IMO, there was no prescient set to punish this particular infraction. Now there is. Teams will not be violating the videotaping rules any time soon...so Goodell accomplished what he wanted to accomplish.

Was Kraft happy about the punishment? No, but he's over it. There's too much money to be made.

You asked why we think Kraft would harbor resentment against Goodell. The answer is for the same reason most of us harbor resentment against him, because we think he did a poor job. And again, most of us aren't suggesting he should of spit in the man's eye, but hugging the man? Ugh.

You asked why we think Kraft would harbor resentment against Goodell. The answer is for the same reason most of us harbor resentment against him, because we think he did a poor job. And again, most of us aren't suggesting he should of spit in the man's eye, but hugging the man? Ugh.

Maybe its a message from Kraft to Pats fans that he doesn't want us to feel bitter about the whole spygate thing and bygones are indeed just that.

Maybe its a message from Kraft to Pats fans that he doesn't want us to feel bitter about the whole spygate thing and bygones are indeed just that.

that is probably the most sensible explanation i've heard so far. it does fit him.

What are the odds that Goodell and Kraft are two adults that acquired power and wealth by assessing both their accomplishments and failures in the same light as ways of staying successful?
What are the odds that the two of them had a very long conversation where they aired out their thoughts so as to get an understanding of where the other one was coming from and they settled it like adults?

The NFL is big business and at the top of it the owners are as tight as any team. Look at how quickly the follow up story on the Jets videotaping became a non story. At that point no one but the media and the fans wanted anything to do with it. Same with the pumped in noise in Indy. Did anyone from the Patriots from top to bottom make an issue of that?

I bet if the commissioner could guarantee the owners that every team would go 8-8 every year, win a Super Bowl every 32 years and play to capacity crowds doing it, every owner would sign on for life.

We won't know until the owners opt out of the bargaining agreement in a couple of years and will see if Kraft is willing to broker the deal for Goodell like he did for Tagliabue even though its not in his best interest. I think that there will be a day of reckoning in which all debt will be repaid.

BSR said:

To which this sounds like the correct response:

What are the odds that Goodell and Kraft are two adults that acquired power and wealth by assessing both their accomplishments and failures in the same light as ways of staying successful?
What are the odds that the two of them had a very long conversation where they aired out their thoughts so as to get an understanding of where the other one was coming from and they settled it like adults?

The NFL is big business and at the top of it the owners are as tight as any team. Look at how quickly the follow up story on the Jets videotaping became a non story. At that point no one but the media and the fans wanted anything to do with it. Same with the pumped in noise in Indy. Did anyone from the Patriots from top to bottom make an issue of that?

I bet if the commissioner could guarantee the owners that every team would go 8-8 every year, win a Super Bowl every 32 years and play to capacity crowds doing it, every owner would sign on for life.

But i wonder whether Robert K.
still regards Vlad Putin
as his "friend"?

As my previous moniker was banned, for what I don't know (nice "society" you've got here--just "disappear" anyone who disagrees with you; works for dictators, I suppose, so why not overzealous fans?), I've copied below my message to the assh*t that banned me. I expect this to disappear as well, but until then, here goes:

"Quick message to Shmessy--now I understand why you all live in a bubble. You just ban anyone who disagrees with you. Did I violate the Terms of service? Call anyone names (no, but I was called several)? All I did was happen to initially point out the fact that Kraft helped select Goodell and then got attacked and defended myself and held up the mirror in terms of how your team is viewed (as I said in my posts, rightly or wrongly) by the rest of the League. What I thought interesting is the reaction of both you and the other bandwagoneers that call themselves Pats fans (anyone of you there before 2001?) Ban me, call me names, but don't really respond to the substance of my posts (many of which contained links backing up my points). Didn't realize the "low class" extended from the team to the fans and their website. Karma's a b*tch, folks, and can't wait until someone hands you all yours (especially Wilfork).....

On the bandwagon point, a pretty funny story making the rounds on the Bills boards around the time you came to town and kicked our arses was that a Bills fan hung out at the local bars with visiting Pats fans the night before the game and asked approx. 30 of them the answer to the following question:

Who was your Super Bowl QB against the Bears?

Interestingly, not a single "fan" knew the answer--the better ones said Steve Grogan (which, BTW, would have been my answer, but then again, I'm not a Pats fan). Several bought him drinks in exchange for the correct answer (Tony Eason, in case, as I suspect, you didn't know it either without looking it up.) Just about sums up the current Pats fan, no? That's what I'd say after my experience today. Make sure not to hurt yourself jumping off the bandwagon, tough guy....."

My apologies to those of you who are normal fans who enjoy talking about the issues and your team and the League with other fans (especially the 10% or so of you who were here before 2001), I don't mean to offend you, but no apologies to the guy who banned me or his ilk here....

To the poster who probably is banned again, our QB during that Super Bowl was both Steve Grogan and Tony Eason. Your collegue in wingville should've asked the question "Who started the game?" instead of "Who was the Pats QB?"...becasue the correct answer to the last question is certainly not Tony Eason. When attempting to assert some sort of superiority, it helps to know the answer to your own question.

Last edited:
anybody know where i can watch this online (WITHOUT DOWNLOADING ANY PROGRAMS).

So far im listening to the Skins on the radio from one of their stations and it's hilarious.

One of the announcers must be around 80 years old and all he does is complain.
He was just screaming that Caldwell was tackled and that's why he didn't catch it.

He was complaining earlier in the game that the SeaHawks were pumping in crowd noise and how they aren't allowed to do it on 3rd down.

I'm sure that is the explanation. That doesn't mean people shouldn't have been suprised to see it. It is one thing to have continued on with a professional relationship. It is another to have seen them hugging like that. I think that is all anyone is saying.

Why should we? We aren't making the money off the league that you claim is the reason Kraft can let bygones be bygones. I will continue to be bitter towards him unless he decides to return that pick (which I know will never happen).

As my previous moniker was banned, for what I don't know (nice "society" you've got here--just "disappear" anyone who disagrees with you; works for dictators, I suppose, so why not overzealous fans?), I've copied below my message to the assh*t that banned me. I expect this to disappear as well, but until then, here goes:

"Quick message to Shmessy--now I understand why you all live in a bubble. You just ban anyone who disagrees with you. Did I violate the Terms of service? Call anyone names (no, but I was called several)? All I did was happen to initially point out the fact that Kraft helped select Goodell and then got attacked and defended myself and held up the mirror in terms of how your team is viewed (as I said in my posts, rightly or wrongly) by the rest of the League. What I thought interesting is the reaction of both you and the other bandwagoneers that call themselves Pats fans (anyone of you there before 2001?) Ban me, call me names, but don't really respond to the substance of my posts (many of which contained links backing up my points). Didn't realize the "low class" extended from the team to the fans and their website. Karma's a b*tch, folks, and can't wait until someone hands you all yours (especially Wilfork).....

On the bandwagon point, a pretty funny story making the rounds on the Bills boards around the time you came to town and kicked our arses was that a Bills fan hung out at the local bars with visiting Pats fans the night before the game and asked approx. 30 of them the answer to the following question:

Who was your Super Bowl QB against the Bears?

Interestingly, not a single "fan" knew the answer--the better ones said Steve Grogan (which, BTW, would have been my answer, but then again, I'm not a Pats fan). Several bought him drinks in exchange for the correct answer (Tony Eason, in case, as I suspect, you didn't know it either without looking it up.) Just about sums up the current Pats fan, no? That's what I'd say after my experience today. Make sure not to hurt yourself jumping off the bandwagon, tough guy....."

My apologies to those of you who are normal fans who enjoy talking about the issues and your team and the League with other fans (especially the 10% or so of you who were here before 2001), I don't mean to offend you, but no apologies to the guy who banned me or his ilk here....

Seriously, nobody cares. I think he banned you to save you from wasting your time. You'll thank him later.

anybody know where i can watch this online (WITHOUT DOWNLOADING ANY PROGRAMS).

So far im listening to the Skins on the radio from one of their stations and it's hilarious.

One of the announcers must be around 80 years old and all he does is complain.
He was just screaming that Caldwell was tackled and that's why he didn't catch it.

He was complaining earlier in the game that the SeaHawks were pumping in crowd noise and how they aren't allowed to do it on 3rd down.

http://www.channelsurfing.net/

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST