PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft and Goodell FRIENDS?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry it looks like i posted this in the wrong thread.

Please delete my last few posts in this thread (as if i had to ask:singing: )

All I did was happen to initially point out the fact that Kraft helped select Goodell and then got attacked and defended myself and held up the mirror in terms of how your team is viewed (as I said in my posts, rightly or wrongly) by the rest of the League.

You defended squat.
Goodell was NOT Kraft's guy.
Try using facts and you won't be made a fool of.

You defended squat.
Goodell was NOT Kraft's guy.
Try using facts and you won't be made a fool of.

Link? I had citations for all the stuff I posted (before it was removed, that is). Goodell was the clear choice of the big market owners, of which Big Bob K. is grand poobah. In fact, Kraft himself was one of a handful of owners on the selection committee and made glowing statements about Goodell during and after the selection process. Those are facts.

Last edited:
To the poster who probably is banned again, our QB during that Super Bowl was both Steve Grogan and Tony Eason. Your collegue in wingville should've asked the question "Who started the game?" instead of "Who was the Pats QB?"...becasue the correct answer to the last question is certainly not Tony Eason. When attempting to assert some sort of superiority, it helps to know the answer to your own question.

What was funny was that it was still a small minority who even said Grogan apparently. Even I remember old Icabod and kind of liked him. I think you're correct though--I think the question my fellow Bills fan asked was who was the starter, and no one knew.

Last edited:
NFL network replay, after the giants game on the field, kraft and goodell rushed into each others arms, both looking like they were gonna start bawling their eyes out. totally unexpected. ive got it recorded but have no clue as to how to get it to anyone.

edit: link at 15:14; http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d805b0824

Back to the initial topic.

Of course Goodell ran into Kraft's arms after we went 16-0. He prolly figures since he ****ed him so hard up the keister earlier this year, that there was nothing but love between them. :rolleyes:

More than a handful of sports columns [in boston] had words about the Pats - Colts officiating this year. Goodell himself brought Mike Pereira in to discuss the matter behind closed doors. It was not just Pats fans questioning what had transpired.

If you want evidence from the rest of the league that Colts get special treatment, go ask Steelers fans about their playoff match-up to get to Super Bowl XL. I'm sure they'd love to fill you in.

Beyond that, I'm not supplying you with more evidence because you've admitted you haven't watched enough Colts games to know. So you'll have to do your own research and watch those games before we can have an informed discussion on the matter.

You're proving my points over and over:

1. Funny that that the officials get called to the carpet when calls go against the Pats--never heard of anything like that happening before for anyone else. Have you seen interviews with Mike Pereira? As my father would say, I wouldn't trust that man with the Lord's supper. BTW, I fixed that one for you above.

2. Sounds to me like you got nothing on the Colts--I gave examples of everything I said (before the football fascists running your board removed them). Once again, what I'd really like to see is you providing me evidence that anyone outside of biased NE fans think the Colts are getting greater than their fair share of calls from the officials--I gave you several random links yesterday (Jags, Chiefs, Rams boards) showing you how widespread that belief is about your team throughout the rest of the League (again, rightly or wrongly, but that's clearly the perception). And Sonny, I suspect that I've watched as many or more Colts games than you have.

Random bonus observation--I've noticed here that a lot of the "Join Dates" for members seem to all be the last two years or so and contain locations outside NE. Frontrunning, anyone? It shows a lot of character following a winner, doesn't it?

1. Funny that that the officials get called to the carpet when calls go against the Pats--never heard of anything like that happening before for anyone else. Have you seen interviews with Mike Pereira? As my father would say, I wouldn't trust that man with the Lord's supper. BTW, I fixed that one for you above.

2. Sounds to me like you got nothing on the Colts--I gave examples of everything I said (before the football fascists running your board removed them). Once again, what I'd really like to see is you providing me evidence that anyone outside of biased NE fans think the Colts are getting greater than their fair share of calls from the officials--I gave you several random links yesterday (Jags, Chiefs, Rams boards) showing you how widespread that belief is about your team throughout the rest of the League (again, rightly or wrongly, but that's clearly the perception). And Sonny, I suspect that I've watched as many or more Colts games than you have.

Random bonus observation--I've noticed here that a lot of the "Join Dates" for members seem to all be the last two years or so and contain locations outside NE. Frontrunning, anyone? It shows a lot of character following a winner, doesn't it?

whats your agenda here? why did you come to this board to stir up sht? something happen recently?

1.the official being called in was not a good thing for the pats. the game was just so screwed up that the official got called in because he sukd. if you screw up at work, you will get reamed, just like an official.

2.it is easy to see calls that go for a team that you hate. just like you are blinded by your hatred for the pats, we could be blinded by our hatred for the colts. however, watch some colts games and pay attention to the officiating. any game will do. if you look for it, its extremely obvious. as for people across the nation thinking that we are more favored, people across the nation hate us, so of course they will say that we are favored by the officials. people are not going to be talking about the colts because they are the darling of the nation.
like i said earlier, the officiating argument can and will last for years if you pursue it. each side has good arguments, and unless both sides agree that there is no favoritism on either side, the argument will never end.

and joindates dont mean crap. just because i joined this year doesnt mean i became a fan this year. and even if i was a bandwagon fan, i have no problem with them either. a fan is a fan.

whats your agenda here? why did you come to this board to stir up sht? something happen recently?

1.the official being called in was not a good thing for the pats. the game was just so screwed up that the official got called in because he sukd. if you screw up at work, you will get reamed, just like an official.

2.it is easy to see calls that go for a team that you hate. just like you are blinded by your hatred for the pats, we could be blinded by our hatred for the colts. however, watch some colts games and pay attention to the officiating. any game will do. if you look for it, its extremely obvious. as for people across the nation thinking that we are more favored, people across the nation hate us, so of course they will say that we are favored by the officials. people are not going to be talking about the colts because they are the darling of the nation.
like i said earlier, the officiating argument can and will last for years if you pursue it. each side has good arguments, and unless both sides agree that there is no favoritism on either side, the argument will never end.

and joindates dont mean crap. just because i joined this year doesnt mean i became a fan this year. and even if i was a bandwagon fan, i have no problem with them either. a fan is a fan.

Actually, dude, that is highly unusual in fact--in most cases after the League reviews the game films (which they do for each game, each week), if a team makes a complaint about a particular play they may receive a letter from the League saying that they looked at the tape and whether it was a correct call or not--believe it or not, on occasion they do send a letter back saying "Sorry, we messed up" (the Bills have gotten several of those over the years, in some of your games in fact.) To my knowledge it's unprecedented that an official is called in to account for their calls to the Commish--any other examples of this happening for anyone else? As I said, your post proves my point.

On the Colts piece, again, if it's so widespread about how bad officiating is in Colts games, show me some evidence that it's more than you guys who believe this--I showed you plenty of evidence yesterday that there's a perception among fans of other teams (and get rid of this "it's because they all are jealous and hate us crap" please--you guys are clearly the media darlings of the century, as last weekend's Pats' love fest shows) that you get much more than your fair share of the calls. Once again, I find it a lot more credible when the belief is widely held by folks with no particular axe to grind (as in the case of the links I cited to threads of teams with no obvious beef with the Pats (Jags, Rams, Chiefs)). As I said before, I'm not saying that those fans are right (although I believe they are), but it's clear that there is a perception among NFL fandom, right or wrong, that you guys have the refs in your pocket. On that point, will you eat some crow next week if when you guys squeak one out against the Jags/Titans and there are several mysterious/controversial calls late in the game to help you win? That's what I'd wager will happen, but only if it's close, after all, no need to tip your hand unnecessarily if they're way up.

On the frontrunning piece, I remember living in Boston in the early 90s and the Pats were nothing more than a Celts/Sox afterthought, kind of a local joke almost, so I find it really funny how all these "lifelong Pats fans" come out of the woodwork when they're winning. Probably the same folks who were following us when we were winning--you can keep them for all I care (but actually you won't, because as soon as you stop winning, they'll be gone and on to the next hot team.)

While I can not speak to the level of the intelligence of the people on the board which you cite, I do consider the imposition of 140 yards in penalties on one team and 20 yards on the other team to be indicative of an imbalance which the league would look into. This is especially when both teams are considered disciplined unlike the Ravens.
As for being a Bills fan you have my sympathy. I hope you enjoy the 90 miule ride to Toronto.
I haven't lived in Boston in 20 years but am a Bostonian and root for the Boston teams. Apparently you as a transient would not appreciate that.

BackBayBilly; i tried to debate it with you, but all you do is say "you're proving my point". i agreed with a few things you said, gave in a little, but you are completely unwilling to even consider that you are wrong on a few things. there is no point of an argument if both sides are not willing to consider the other view.

go back to your bridge, troll.

As previously mentioned about the Colts, please go to the Jags site to see what they thought about the calls in their last game. Read Bill Simmons article after the Pats/Colts game. There is no argument that the Pats had several calls go against them that day. I do not believe that the Colts regularly get great calls though they did appear to benefit in a couple games this year and in a few playoff games in the recent past. (ask Pittsburgh what they think about 2005) They probably have some good arguments in the playoffs in 2004. I do not believe any team regularly gets calls. I think individual calls are made with integrity and it just so happens that a certain team may have a bad run against them in a particular game. The reason the Pats continue to be noticed is that they keep winning. The general public or media does not harp on calls nearly as much (or at all) when the winning team was the one "getting hosed". Go to the Jax or Pittsburgh sites today and I guarantee that there is *****ing about the calls last night. Both are "right" as there were bad calls made against each team. Fans quickly look past calls favorable to their rooting interest and only focus on the calls made against them. I watched the game last night with minimal to no rooting interest and felt for the most part that the game was called fairly (though not correctly in every instance) If you honestly feel that the League targets certain teams then why don't the bigger market teams win more regularly? The League seemingly would have wanted the Skins to win due to their market size and public interest but I did not see them getting much help yesterday. Same with the Steelers. They have a much bigger fan base than the Jags. Or is your "theory" exclusive to the Pats favored Nation status as the only team getting help? And if it is why? Why would the NFL risk their integrity to help a team win? Why this year and not last year? Now that they are 16-0 I realize they help the ratings but earlier in teh year there would have been no such incentive. Why not let the Colts be the undefeated team or the Cowboys? Why would they want the team that they fined be the one to win it all? If they loved the Pats so much, why not just blow off the spying incident as no big deal? It just does not make sense. Do you also believe in Big Foot?

Why to your statement that Goodell was not Kraft's choice, which he was. Again, I state facts and get a bunch of hot air in return.....

The fact is that Kraft's choice was not Goodell but was a Mass guy living in Concord, MA right near wher I used to live. He lost out in the semi-finals. It was a big thing in the rinky dink Metrowest Boston newspapers until reality set in and folks realized that the NY guy was gonna be the man. No way were the other 31 owners going to let Kraft's guy become commish.

As previously mentioned about the Colts, please go to the Jags site to see what they thought about the calls in their last game. Read Bill Simmons article after the Pats/Colts game. There is no argument that the Pats had several calls go against them that day. I do not believe that the Colts regularly get great calls though they did appear to benefit in a couple games this year and in a few playoff games in the recent past. (ask Pittsburgh what they think about 2005) They probably have some good arguments in the playoffs in 2004. I do not believe any team regularly gets calls. I think individual calls are made with integrity and it just so happens that a certain team may have a bad run against them in a particular game. The reason the Pats continue to be noticed is that they keep winning. The general public or media does not harp on calls nearly as much (or at all) when the winning team was the one "getting hosed". Go to the Jax or Pittsburgh sites today and I guarantee that there is *****ing about the calls last night. Both are "right" as there were bad calls made against each team. Fans quickly look past calls favorable to their rooting interest and only focus on the calls made against them. I watched the game last night with minimal to no rooting interest and felt for the most part that the game was called fairly (though not correctly in every instance) If you honestly feel that the League targets certain teams then why don't the bigger market teams win more regularly? The League seemingly would have wanted the Skins to win due to their market size and public interest but I did not see them getting much help yesterday. Same with the Steelers. They have a much bigger fan base than the Jags. Or is your "theory" exclusive to the Pats favored Nation status as the only team getting help? And if it is why? Why would the NFL risk their integrity to help a team win? Why this year and not last year? Now that they are 16-0 I realize they help the ratings but earlier in teh year there would have been no such incentive. Why not let the Colts be the undefeated team or the Cowboys? Why would they want the team that they fined be the one to win it all? If they loved the Pats so much, why not just blow off the spying incident as no big deal? It just does not make sense. Do you also believe in Big Foot?

Actually, I don't think it's necessarily a "big market" thing, but a Patriot thing, to be honest. Call me a conspiracy theorist, but what I suspect is much more team-specific. It's clear that your team will do whatever it takes to win (Spygate (and the other allegations thereafter like headsets not working at Gillette at critical times in a game, miking D-linemen, etc.), HGH use by Harrison who was dumb enough to use his own name in ordering the stuff--perhaps some of his other big-headed teammates (Bruschi, Vrabel, Seau anyone?), which is a known sign of HGH, were a bit smarter than that), picking up players cut by your opponent the week before the game, only to cut them again shortly thereafter, etc.)--that starts from the top, and who knows how far that goes? On Spygate in particular, once again, why is it that you think the materials were destroyed without any description of what was turned over? Even Pats homers like Peter King admit that smells pretty bad. There are just a heckuva lot of dots that connect here is what I'm saying and fans of other teams feel the same way, as I've been saying all along, again rightly or wrongly--I'm just saying what I suspect here after all, as none of us are in a position to actually know the truth on this stuff.

What to me is sort of odd about all this is that you all admittedly have a great team. Although it pains me to say it, Tom Brady is probably the best QB to ever play the game. Why would someone need to go to the lengths that this team seemingly has gone to to win at all costs, except that they have that desire to do whatever it takes, in an almost psychotic way. Ever read interviews with Kraft? One of my favorites was in the NYT a few years ago and it went on to describe how that year Bob couldn't believe that America was sick of seeing his team there (they didn't go that year) to the point that his wife (you know, the one that had the money) had to pipe in with a "get over yourself, Bob." Taking your SB ring to Vladimir Putin, a man who controls a nuclear arsenal that could destroy mankind, and waiving it under his nose? Talk about arrogant. The comments he made after Spygate first broke about how it would all come to nothing because it was all just jealous haters basically and there was nothing to the allegations? Just odd....

Notwithstanding all of the past two days and the above guys, I come in peace. I enjoy talking football with fans of other teams to get their views, and to challenge those held by others where I think they're wrong as well. Getting banned for defending myself yesterday after simply pointing out a few facts was one of the stranger experiences I've had on other team's boards I must admit.

Before I forget, on the Commish point above, I guess what I meant was serious candidates, not some local homeboy put up there for PR reasons without a real chance to get the job. At the time, the folks up for it were Goodell and a couple of other internal folks (the COO and General Counsel, who's names are escaping me). It was clear that Goodell was the choice of the big market owners, including Kraft, who was on the selection committee, as my cites yesterday showed. Goodell ain't exactly Mr. Little Guy, being the son of a senator and being married to a Fox News anchor, although I have agreed with some things he's done he still knows who his "base" in the League is and won't do much to cross them.

As one of you noted above, I fear we're at the point of talking past each other, so I'll say adieu for now and good luck.....

great post billy - good analysis of things

Actually, I don't think it's necessarily a "big market" thing, but a Patriot thing, to be honest. Call me a conspiracy theorist, but what I suspect is much more team-specific. It's clear that your team will do whatever it takes to win (Spygate (and the other allegations thereafter like headsets not working at Gillette at critical times in a game, miking D-linemen, etc.), HGH use by Harrison who was dumb enough to use his own name in ordering the stuff--perhaps some of his other big-headed teammates (Bruschi, Vrabel, Seau anyone?), which is a known sign of HGH, were a bit smarter than that), picking up players cut by your opponent the week before the game, only to cut them again shortly thereafter, etc.)--that starts from the top, and who knows how far that goes? On Spygate in particular, once again, why is it that you think the materials were destroyed without any description of what was turned over? Even Pats homers like Peter King admit that smells pretty bad. There are just a heckuva lot of dots that connect here is what I'm saying and fans of other teams feel the same way, as I've been saying all along, again rightly or wrongly--I'm just saying what I suspect here after all, as none of us are in a position to actually know the truth on this stuff.

What to me is sort of odd about all this is that you all admittedly have a great team. Although it pains me to say it, Tom Brady is probably the best QB to ever play the game. Why would someone need to go to the lengths that this team seemingly has gone to to win at all costs, except that they have that desire to do whatever it takes, in an almost psychotic way. Ever read interviews with Kraft? One of my favorites was in the NYT a few years ago and it went on to describe how that year Bob couldn't believe that America was sick of seeing his team there (they didn't go that year) to the point that his wife (you know, the one that had the money) had to pipe in with a "get over yourself, Bob." Taking your SB ring to Vladimir Putin, a man who controls a nuclear arsenal that could destroy mankind, and waiving it under his nose? Talk about arrogant. The comments he made after Spygate first broke about how it would all come to nothing because it was all just jealous haters basically and there was nothing to the allegations? Just odd....

Notwithstanding all of the past two days and the above guys, I come in peace. I enjoy talking football with fans of other teams to get their views, and to challenge those held by others where I think they're wrong as well. Getting banned for defending myself yesterday after simply pointing out a few facts was one of the stranger experiences I've had on other team's boards I must admit.

Before I forget, on the Commish point above, I guess what I meant was serious candidates, not some local homeboy put up there for PR reasons without a real chance to get the job. At the time, the folks up for it were Goodell and a couple of other internal folks (the COO and General Counsel, who's names are escaping me). It was clear that Goodell was the choice of the big market owners, including Kraft, who was on the selection committee, as my cites yesterday showed. Goodell ain't exactly Mr. Little Guy, being the son of a senator and being married to a Fox News anchor, although I have agreed with some things he's done he still knows who his "base" in the League is and won't do much to cross them.

As one of you noted above, I fear we're at the point of talking past each other, so I'll say adieu for now and good luck.....
So you concede you are a conspiracy theorist? If that is the case then no arguments or facts can get in the way of "your truth". Disparaging various team members as "big headed drug users" is beyond inappropriate. I am sure every team in the league has a few people juiced up but by acting like it is a Patriot thing to prove your point is rediculous. The Pats just finished one of the greatest regular seasons in NFL history. To state that Peter King and the rest of the media are patriot lackeys is insane. King went on for months about the Spygate as so did many other media members. Many called into question the teams accomplishments and stated that they were now tainted. To now state that the entire media loves the Pats is just shortsighted. Do they receive the most press? Absolutely. Would I hate it if I was an opposing fan. You bet. Does this mean that everyone is a Pats fan or is rooting for them. No way in hell.

On the frontrunning piece, I remember living in Boston in the early 90s and the Pats were nothing more than a Celts/Sox afterthought, kind of a local joke almost, so I find it really funny how all these "lifelong Pats fans" come out of the woodwork when they're winning. Probably the same folks who were following us when we were winning--you can keep them for all I care (but actually you won't, because as soon as you stop winning, they'll be gone and on to the next hot team.)

I remember going to college in the 70's on Huntington Avenue and taking the Peter Pan bus line to see Patriot games the same way I sat in Fenway's bleachers for $2.00. There's plenty of morons on this forum that I probably could have fathered if I had exact change but don't play that card. I do remember, as an adult the Pats losing two Super Bowls. And I remember the 67, 75, 78, 86, and 2003 Red Sox. I also remember Sullivan and Schaeffer Stadium. I saw my first Patriots game in Bridgeport, CT in an exhibition game against a Joe Namath Jets team that hadn't won squat yet.

This is my team. Get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back