Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Kraft a finalist for Halas Award - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Patriots owner Robert Kraft is a finalist for the Halas Award, presented annually by the Pro Football Writers of America. The Halas Award goes to the NFL person (player, coach, owner, etc.) who has performed with abandon despite personal challenges off the field.

In announcing the finalists to its members Wednesday, the Pro Football Writers of America wrote this about Kraft:
Lost his wife, Myra, to a battle with cancer on July 20. Kraft played an instrumental role in resolving the NFL's collective bargaining dispute and shuttled back and forth between labor talks and his wife's hospital bed throughout the spring and summer. His Patriots advanced to their sixth Super Bowl in his tenure as owner.

Thanks. This bears watching.

Hope he gets it. Good luck Bob!

Well at least the Saints F.O. is out of the running :p

To be honest, I found it a bit odd maybe even a bit insulting that there were other contenders for this award this year. The guy pretty much was the center of the negotiations that saved the football season while the love of his life was getting weaker by the hour.

Seems to me that there should have been one and only one person up for nomination for the award this year.

Last edited:
Too bad there isn't a ballot box we can stuff. But, to quote Richard M. Nixon, "That would be wrong." :singing:

To be honest, I found it a bit odd maybe even a bit insulting that there were other contenders for this award this year. The guy pretty much was the center of the negotiations that saved the football season while the love of his life was getting weaker by the hour.

Seems to me that there should have been one and only one person up for nomination for the award this year.

Yeah, it's kind of like nominating George Washington and Millard Fillmore for "Greatest President in the history of the US."

I don't see how he doesn't win

I agree. Not to belittle the other nominees, but how anyone could vote for Alex Smith or D'Qwell Jackson over the guy that was most responsible for football being played on Sundays last year is incomprehensible, regardless of the team they root for.

Who's he going against? Cromartie?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case