PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Knee-jerk reactions to that disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
The solution to being "predictable" and since wes is out, was to have faulk in the game more that way they couldnt tee off on us when we put in morris/taylor or maroney and you know a run is coming. Also to get more help in the passing game. Sounded ok in theory but it became the norm once we were down 24-0. Thus no other rbs got any love.

After that long td and the fumble the solution would have been to come out pound it work the clock, get our bearings not force a subsequent deep thorw and another pick.

Has Ghost ever made a kick in a big game? I think I remember a miss against Indy as well. Hes better than alot of kickers but his clutch rating is a 1.

Knee-jerk you want, knee-jerk you get...

Talk about monumental failure in every aspect:

1. Defense failed in blantantly obvious goal of stopping Ravens running game and daring Flacco to beat you. Ravens killed them on the ground, allowing Flacco to take the day off.

2. Offensive line failed miserably in protecting Brady. Even on play-action, Brady was running for his life. Maroney got blown up early on a blitz pickup and spent the rest of the game on the bench as more reliable guys like Faulk and Morris took his playing time.

3. Turnovers galore, mostly setting up Baltimore with *very* short fields.

4. Key drops. Watson had a few and even Faulk dropped one.

5. A killer penalty by Moss when the Pats had converted the first down when cutting the lead to 10 late in the 1st half was critical. Not only did the penalty kill the drive, but also pushed them out of FG range.

6. Even Gost missed his lone chance on a very makeable kick, although cutting the lead to 16 and hoping for 2 scores with 2pt conversions was a very high hope indeed.

And let's not forget the Pats benefited from a no-challenge on the muffed punt (Pats possession would have been overturned, resulting in no score) and a lousy review on the 2pt conversion (McGahee had it...did the refs feel sorry for NE?).

Everything that could go wrong for NE absolutely did go wrong. I'm more puzzled than upset because that kind of performance was perplexing, especially at home.

Regards,
Chris

I had forgotten about the non-challenge on the punt--scary that even such a big break didn't help in the long run. Pretty inexcusable on Baltimore's part, if you think about it-announcers were excusing it saying they weren't showing it in the stadium. Doesn't anybody on the Ravens have access to a TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back