PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kirk Morrison?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lockdown06

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
With Oakland picking Rolando McClain, I think its pretty obvious that Kirk Morrison has fallen out of favor with the Raiders. (PFT reports the same)

Given the fact that he's a pretty solid, proven ILB who can take on blockers and be productive in the shifting chaos that is the Oakland Raiders would you give up a later-round pick for him?

I think his skill set complements Mayo and Guyton well,although it could be redundant with McKenzie's, there's no real way to know. Still,
if we could get him for a 4th rounder or later, I say pull the trigger.

I'd do it for a fourth, sure.

"traded or released" sounds like a 6th or 7th might do it.

I think it's sound to wait until he's released.

With Oakland picking Rolando McClain, I think its pretty obvious that Kirk Morrison has fallen out of favor with the Raiders. (PFT reports the same)

Given the fact that he's a pretty solid, proven ILB who can take on blockers and be productive in the shifting chaos that is the Oakland Raiders would you give up a later-round pick for him?
Yeah, except that he can't take on blockers as you claim. Morrison is a coverage linebacker like Gary Guyton or Michael Boley. He is a good tackler but he's definitely not a strongside linebacker in a 3-4.

I think giving up a pick for him would be a waste, as Guyton and McKenzie can fill a similar role, especially if they develop well. If we're looking for a thumper, we should go elsewhere. Perhaps someone like Daniel Te'o'Nesheim (sp) could be used as an SILB. Maybe Brandon Spikes, but I don't know much about him.

Yeah, except that he can't take on blockers as you claim. Morrison is a coverage linebacker like Gary Guyton or Michael Boley. He is a good tackler but he's definitely not a strongside linebacker in a 3-4.

I think giving up a pick for him would be a waste, as Guyton and McKenzie can fill a similar role, especially if they develop well. If we're looking for a thumper, we should go elsewhere. Perhaps someone like Daniel Te'o'Nesheim (sp) could be used as an SILB. Maybe Brandon Spikes, but I don't know much about him.

He's had over 100 tackles the last two years (133 last year, 135 in 08). He's 6'2, 240 lbs, and I've always heard him talked about as an ideal SLB - that may not be the case I'm not claiming to be an expert on the guy, but if he's available for a low pick or as a free agent, I don't see why we wouldn't bring him in.

I don't know enough about Te'o Nesheim or Spikes to know how they compare to Morrison, they might be a better fit for us. I just know that Morrison's a relatively young nfl vet that's proven to be productive.

can we stop trading with the raiders for at least ONE offseason.

Doug Gabriel
Burgess
Seymour
Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday