PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Khalil Mack pipe dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed about when he was here but you're 100% wrong on the bolded. You literally couldn't be more wrong.

Rn in terms of power/finesse, array of moves, hand usage etc & on & on there prob aren't 5 better rushers in the league. Also Jones has helped their run D in numerous ways. He certainly didn't/doesn't hurt them in that area at all.
Yeah I don’t see it. I see a guy turned loose to rush the passer and ignore run duties. Sure it will result in some plays but it will result in being out of position way more often.
It’s nit his fault, it’s what he is being asked to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who are you disagreeing w Andy?

All I said was I'm not worried abt what to do w Mack. If you have any football acumen/IQ its clear as day they should build their D around him & put him in the best positions they can.
I'm much more worried abt the secondary, rushing attack, OL etc
I’m disagreeing with your comment that he shouldn’t be figuring out what to do with Mack. Mack is the central piece to his defense and can be utilized in many different ways.
The prior regime used him in a way that led to a crappy defense. Using him more creatively would be a good thing.

I’m disagreeing with your comment that he shouldn’t be figuring out what to do with Mack. Mack is the central piece to his defense and can be utilized in many different ways.
The prior regime used him in a way that led to a crappy defense. Using him more creatively would be a good thing.
Dude you're literally arguing w yourself bc not suggesting otherwise. Again though if you know what you're doing he's not the issue. It's the rest of the defense ... Thats why the defense sux.

Like you Gruden is creating a problem where there isn't one.

Yeah I don’t see it. I see a guy turned loose to rush the passer and ignite run duties. Sure it will result in some plays but it will result in being out of position way more often.
It’s nit his fault, it’s what he is being asked to do.
It doesn't matter if you don't see it lol. Holy **** are you for real???

Smart people can who watch film can decide for themselves. Jones is a more advanced, nuanced pass rusher. That's not an opinion.

You can watch film & see what each guy is doing & see for yourself.

Mack is a power player through & through w very little finesse to his game. That's not a bad thing. It is what it is.

Jones will use a variety of moves to get to the QB. Has better counters & better hands.

Mack certainly has the potential & talent but rn its not a debate. Jones is a better all around pass rusher than Mack.

Agreed about when he was here but you're 100% wrong on the bolded. You literally couldn't be more wrong.

Rn in terms of power/finesse, array of moves, hand usage etc & on & on there prob aren't 5 better rushers in the league. Also Jones has helped their run D in numerous ways. He certainly didn't/doesn't hurt them in that area at all.

If zona is using jones purely to get to the Qb and neglect the run then the rest of their personnel and schemes were on point last season since they finished 6th in run defense.

Dude you're literally arguing w yourself bc not suggesting otherwise. Again though if you know what you're doing he's not the issue. It's the rest of the defense ... Thats why the defense sux.

Like you Gruden is creating a problem where there isn't one.
Well we disagree. I think how you use your best player is important in how your defense plays, and he is weapon that should make your defense better but hasn’t. Gruden is correct in thinking he has to find better ways to use Mack to make his entire defense better.

It doesn't matter if you don't see it lol. Holy **** are you for real???

Smart people can who watch film can decide for themselves.
That is what I have done.

Jones is a more advanced, nuanced pass rusher. That's not an opinion.
Of course it is. Bring an opinion does make it wrong but it’s still an opinion

You can watch film & see what each guy is doing & see for yourself.
I have

Mack is a power player through & through w very little finesse to his game. That's not a bad thing. It is what it is.

Jones will use a variety of moves to get to the QB. Has better counters & better hands.
This has nothing to do with what I am saying.

Mack certainly has the potential & talent but rn its not a debate. Jones is a better all around pass rusher than Mack.
When did I compare the two?

If zona is using jones purely to get to the Qb and neglect the run then the rest of their personnel and schemes were on point last season since they finished 6th in run defense.
Seriously?

Chandler jones was a solid run defender when he was here, it’s remarkable that he got a rep that he wasn’t. Probably best 43 DE vs the run we have had since we converted to the 43.
Jones was a better player on his role here than he is in Arizona because he was a complete player. Arizona is trying to turn him into Dwight freeney and have him ignore the run and require no discipline in his pass rush and the result is a pretty number in the sack column that novice fans use solely to judge DEs.
So to the average fan, or in terms of building up stats Jones looks like a better player now, but he really isn’t.
The reason he isn’t here is because a player who can put up those flashy stats gets overpaid all the time and we don’t overpay for flashy.
If every player made the same amount of money Jones would have been a cornerstone of this franchise.

Seems like your opinion of CJ against the run / on the edge goes against what Jerod Mayo said on QuickSlants. And I kinda agree with him about CJ being not particularly good at all at it. But whatever.

Personally I dont think Jones was a better player in his role here than he has been in Arizona. He might have been a more complete player here, but that doesn't mean better because it all comes down to impact. And if the Arizona DC thinks he can scheme around CJ being able to be solely a pass rusher then good for them. They are putting him in a position to have more impact at the exchange for more holes behind him that need to be clogged by other people.

Finally, he is not here anymore because he is not a scheme fit at market price. But again, whatever, you have your own opinions..

Seems like your opinion of CJ against the run / on the edge goes against what Jerod Mayo said on QuickSlants. And I kinda agree with him about CJ being not particularly good at all at it. But whatever.

Personally I dont think Jones was a better player in his role here than he has been in Arizona. He might have been a more complete player here, but that doesn't mean better because it all comes down to impact. And if the Arizona DC thinks he can scheme around CJ being able to be solely a pass rusher then good for them. They are putting him in a position to have more impact at the exchange for more holes behind him that need to be clogged by other people.

Finally, he is not here anymore because he is not a scheme fit at market price. But again, whatever, you have your own opinions..
Correct, you gave your opinion and I have mine which we have both stated.

Seriously?

They could be deploying jones as their version of freeney, I’m saying the numbers show it’s having a minimal effect on the run defense.

They could be deploying jones as their version of freeney, I’m saying the numbers show it’s having a minimal effect on the run defense.
Those things aren’t mutually exclusive.

Exactly they allowed 90 something yards i believe & 3.5 or under. Both are up there w the best.

That is what I have done.

Of course it is. Bring an opinion does make it wrong but it’s still an opinion

I have

This has nothing to do with what I am saying.

When did I compare the two?

You are lying or have no idea what you're talking about.

You literally said "I don't see it"... In the comment above when I said Jones is a better, more well rounded pass rusher.

There's no way you watch tape & come to that conclusion.

It's not an "opinion". Mack is mostly a power rusher. Jones is far more advanced in many categories concerning pass rush.

The next step is breaking out the tape & kicking your ass more with proof in front of your eyes.

In fact im calling your bluff bc I actually know wtf Im talking about. Please breakdown some of Macks finesse rushes etc and prove he's not mostly a power rusher.

You are lying or have no idea what you're talking about.

Lol. Yeah I’m typing comments on a message board to lie. Wtf is wrong with you?
I don’t see your disagreement with my comments about jones and don’t see the player you describe. It’s that simple.
You have your opinion and I don’t share it.

You literally said "I don't see it"... In the comment above when I said Jones is a better, more well rounded pass rusher.

There's no way you watch tape & come to that conclusion.
Ok so there is no way anyone can disagree with your opinion. Noted.

It's not an "opinion". Mack is mostly a power rusher. Jones is far more advanced in many categories concerning pass rush.

The next step is breaking out the tape & kicking your ass more with proof in front of your eyes.
Wow. I’m going to stop here because this is just weird. Your going to kick my ass lol.

In fact im calling your bluff bc I actually know wtf Im talking about. Please breakdown some of Macks finesse rushes etc and prove he's not mostly a power rusher.
Feel free to have whatever opinion you want. Apparently you feel I am not entitled to one so I’m done.[/QUOTE]

Lol. Yeah I’m typing comments on a message board to lie. Wtf is wrong with you?
I don’t see your disagreement with my comments about jones and don’t see the player you describe. It’s that simple.
You have your opinion and I don’t share it.

Ok so there is no way anyone can disagree with your opinion. Noted.

Wow. I’m going to stop here because this is just weird. Your going to kick my ass lol.

Feel free to have whatever opinion you want. Apparently you feel I am not entitled to one so I’m done.
[/QUOTE]
Bro you're making dumbass statements & I'm calling you a liar.

You say you watch tape ... post some clips that prove your argument. This isn't breaking news amongst people who actually watch film.

Jones is the Stevie Johnson of Pass rushers. Unique in almost every way. Making everything his own. Great job at using his length. Will mix power & finesse.

Mack is a power pig w prob the best long arm in the game & literally uses power moves to win the majority of the time.

Both actually favor that w a wrist-hold/forklift finisher but again Jones is much more advanced & uses more to win.

It's nonsense to get proven wrong & then say ..."well thats my opinion"

Your opinion is wrong.

Most of the time if we are being honest with ourselves.

Bro you're making dumbass statements & I'm calling you a liar.

You say you watch tape ... post some clips that prove your argument. This isn't breaking news amongst people who actually watch film.

Jones is the Stevie Johnson of Pass rushers. Unique in almost every way. Making everything his own. Great job at using his length. Will mix power & finesse.

Mack is a power pig w prob the best long arm in the game & literally uses power moves to win the majority of the time.

Both actually favor that w a wrist-hold/forklift finisher but again Jones is much more advanced & uses more to win.

It's nonsense to get proven wrong & then say ..."well thats my opinion"

Your opinion is wrong.

Most of the time if we are being honest with ourselves.
As I said I am done. Arguing opinions is pointless. But continue to throw insults if you wish.

Raiders trading Mack to the Patriots does not seem to be a smart move for them if they want to contend.

WOW,,,i had this dream 2 years ago of "The Mack ".
There isn't another player like him ,,Beast that won't be traded to us. There would be riots in Oakland for weeks if they did us the favour.
Still one can dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes