Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeTedWilliams

RIP NEM
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
No contract talks between Raiders and Khalil Mack

Mack and the Raiders currently aren't talking. Mack is set to make 13 million this year in the fifth year option of his rookie deal. Mack obviously wants more money and a long term deal. The Raiders and Mack are not even talking at this point. Through in the fact that you have a new regime with Chucky. Now Mack is 27, so I'm thinking that the Raiders are thinking that with the DE Franchise tag at $17 mil a year (for this year), that they can easily tag Mack next year, then he is 29 going into free agency and they either re-sign him then, tag him again, or let him go out and grab a big contract elsewhere. It is cold tactics, but I can see the logic in it.

Now here's the pipe dream part......

The Raiders can trade Mack with zero cap hit, and a cap savings of his entire 13 million dollar contract.

What if the Pats offered a sign and trade deal, where they offered Mack a deal that would have to be north of the say 50 million he is going to make if he plays out this year and gets tagged twice (all of that being guaranteed money). Say the Pats offer him 5 years 90 million with about half guaranteed. Would he take it? It is on par with the Chandler Jones contract, less than the Von Miller contract. The Pats currently have north of 9 million in cap space, so they could handle that type of contract. They could try and unload some cap space back at Oakland by say sending them Gillislee and/or Allen. The main compensation would have to be the Pats 2019 first and third round picks, something high enough to make Oakland at least think about it. The Pats have an extra 2nd and third round picks next year, with at lest a few more comp picks coming.

Adding an edge rusher like Mack instantly makes the rest of the defense line so much better. Obviously Brady only has a few years left, why not get him a defense that won't give up 44 points to a back up QB.

we are more likely to get aaron donald in a straight up swap gonk for donald then we are getting Mack from the raiders for gillislee, allen a 1 and a 3.

Maybe if Al Davis was still alive Bill could fleece the Raiders, but not with their current regime.

Maybe if Al Davis was still alive Bill could fleece the Raiders, but not with their current regime.
Don't be so sure Gruden is a interesting fella.
Mason Gilleslie Richards Allen and second gets it done but I'd try to get their QB2

If BB wouldn’t pay Chandler Jones, what makes you think he would pay Mack?

Mason Gilleslie Richards Allen and second gets it done but I'd try to get their QB2
Dude this is a fantasy trade at best.

This never happens. No team wants bad-mediocre players, no matter how many you throw in. Besides Mason, who they have to pay ... Would you rather pay a 4th rd G who's borderline top 10 at his position or Mack? A top 20-30 overall player in the league.

You can't just throw in useless players and expect the other team to consider it added value.

Which big contracts would the Patriots cut to give Mack this contract he would never agree to?

It's definitely a (crack) pipe dream.

...Obviously Brady only has a few years left, why not get him a defense that won't give up 44 points to a back up QB.
This triggered me so hard.

I will lament SB 52 til the day I die.

No way. Not sure what you put in your pipe but it would be a bad trip if you inhale those fumes.

Mack hasn't even talked to the Raiders since February. No way the Pats could ever sign him.

And if they did he being that inflexible would be toxic to the team chemistry. How selfish would he get everyone else to start being?

If BB wouldn’t pay Chandler Jones, what makes you think he would pay Mack?

at the time we had jones, collins, hightower and butler.

Imagine how naive we all were thinking bill would resign at least two of them.

Lul

14+ for jones and collins, 11+ for butler, top 5 mlb(at the time) for hightower. Crazy how much defensive talent we had at one point

What if the Pats offered a sign and trade deal, where they offered Mack a deal that would have to be north of the say 50 million he is going to make if he plays out this year and gets tagged twice (all of that being guaranteed money). Say the Pats offer him 5 years 90 million with about half guaranteed. Would he take it?
No. According to your own numbers, he is getting $13M this year and is guaranteed $17M next year if he is franchised. Why would he take $45 million guaranteed over 5 years when he can get $30 million over the next 2, and then be a UFA?

Assuming he maintains his health and current level of play, he is looking at 9 figures when he is a UFA.

No - that 18 mill could be better spent on the very large group of free agents we have next season.

Id trade any player on the team not named Brady for Mack are you kidding me?

at the time we had jones, collins, hightower and butler.

Imagine how naive we all were thinking bill would resign at least two of them.

Lul

14+ for jones and collins, 11+ for butler, top 5 mlb(at the time) for hightower. Crazy how much defensive talent we had at one point
The fact that they only signed Hightower is quite irritating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes