PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kevin Faulk deal imminent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to hear Faulk is staying. :rocker:

The team that got blown out by Baltimore didn't have Welker. And "just a year older" can also mean "a year more experience for all the young players".
Brady will also feel a ton more confident coming back next year. Apart from that, some people act like the team sucked last year. They were a good team. They had a bad game and some locker room issues but bringing back "that team" with a better attitude, a year's experience for the young guys and, hopefully, a reasonable facsimile of the real Welker at some point is not all that bad.

Last edited:
So what we have is the same team who got blown out at home by Baltimore just a year older and minus Wes Welker. Awesome stuff.

Cue the 'He's a troll" posts, sorry don't see any reason to drink any kool-aid.

Because I'm sure now BB is just going to nap until August.

Welcome back #33!

Hope he gets 1 more ring before he retires...

A true Patriot.

Last edited:
one-year deal per WEEI.com

I like Dexter McCluster as a future Kevin Faulk replacement.

I prefer Deji Karim. Faster, better blocker, built like a mini tank, and available in the late rounds. McCluster is awesome, but we'd have to take him with our last second, and I don't think that's good value--not to mention that he revealed the Patriots looked at him exclusively as a slot receiver.

Oh, and I'm terribly pleased the Patriots brought Faulk back. :singing:

I distinctly remember during the Baltimore debacle the Pats were having an offensive meeting on the sidelines. It was Faulk not Brady or the coaches who was absolutely going off on everyone. He has always come across as the vocal leader of the offense.

Kevin Faulk - one of my favorite players on team.

Great to hear. He was one of the few who actually played and acted like they gave a damn when Baltimore came to town and handed us that epic beating.

No way in hell should we take McCluster in the 2nd. 3-4 other backs I'd take over him at that point. Ben Tate, Matthews, Hardesty should all be available at that point, if not the 3rd-4th for that matter.

Last edited:
So what we have is the same team who got blown out at home by Baltimore just a year older and minus Wes Welker. Awesome stuff.

You have to make it the same before you can make it better.

Last edited:
I love Kevin! So glad he is back!

Cheer up Sparky!

It would have been nice to add Boldin and I'm a little upset that we didn't, but Peppers was a long shot. Honestly, what did you expect? You can't go out and just sign/trade for guys like crazy like you can in Madden.

The Pats brought back some key players. The team will also progress and improve next season as these young players begin to develop more and enter the prime of their careers. Guys like Mayo, Guyton, Butler, Wilhite, Meriweather, etc. will all improve in 2010, thus making the roster stronger.

The Pats still have a decent amount of holes, but there is plenty of time left to swing a trade and sign other FA's. I think the draft is where you will see us do most of our re-tooling of the roster. If you expected the Pats to go run out and make major moves like gettin Peppers and Marshall just b/c they suffered a bad loss to Baltimore to end the season, then you are living on another planet.

My current favorite Patriot on offense other than Brady and Welker. Very glad we got a deal done with him. Now, Bill, let's fill the rest of the holes.

Oh... Faulk you buddy...

J/K.. :D

Im glad we are keeping Kevin... but yea, I see your point too. Just gotta be patient man. The season is a long way off. Now that they have the key core players (minus Wes) in place, you will see them focus on the areas in need of an upgrade.

My current favorite Patriot on offense other than Brady and Welker. Very glad we got a deal done with him. Now, Bill, let's fill the rest of the holes.

word.

I see a plan forming..

so far all the resignings have been quality players.

now...

why is Adalius Thomas still on this roster?

Excellent.

Our current version of Troy Brown.
Glad to see Kevin on board - - a leader and a consistent player who knows the game and can help a (possible) draft choice.

I second that, dont think there was any doubt that they would let him go. Letting him go would be like saying goodbye to our Leadership. Good to have him back.

51-50805-4-P.jpg

Yup, my next jersey purchase decision has been made. Two of my 3 current ones, are Patriots for life, and are retired now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call