PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kevin Faulk deal imminent

Status
Not open for further replies.
word.

I see a plan forming..

so far all the resignings have been quality players.

now...

why is Adalius Thomas still on this roster?

No trading partner that would want to pick up his salary, and I would venture to guess that Belichick doesn't want him going to the Jets (if the Patriots end up cutting him) where he would be a perfect fit for the type of defense they run. It's going to take time for the team to figure that one out.

So what we have is the same team who got blown out at home by Baltimore just a year older and minus Wes Welker. Awesome stuff.

Cue the 'He's a troll" posts, sorry don't see any reason to drink any kool-aid.

People are so quick to dismiss or hype a team based on a couple of games, it's bizarre. Did the 2001 Pats really have more talent on their roster than the Rams? Of course not. Or the 2007 Giants over the Pats? No. Teams get hot and teams get cold -- momentum is everything -- and the Pats last year basically had crap momentum by the end of the year.

But the Pats' roster last year had enough talent to get it done. They were light on the pass rush, no doubt, but they have impact talent all up and down the roster and one of the top three quarterbacks in the game, who on any given week is arguably the best quarterback in the game. You could do a lot worse than bring back the core of last year's team, particularly given the number of young players on defense who are likely to get better.

The Colts team that looked so dominant last year -- it's hard to argue that they had so much more talent than the Pats. Their impact players are Manning, Freeney, Clark, Wayne, and after that it's really just a bunch of solid guys like Jeff Saturday, Mathis, Brackett, Melvin Bullitt -- exactly the kinds of guys we're re-signing now. But the Colts had great chemistry and cohesion, much like the Pats teams of 5-6 years ago. They played like a team that had been together forever and it showed.

The Pats' current core of Brady, Moss, Welker, Wilfork and Mayo matches up with anyone talent-wise, but they were just out of sync all year. Brady was coming off an injury and there was huge turnover on defense. They uncharacteristically came up small in some big situations and that seemed to be in their heads all year. And then the Welker injury really took the wind out of their sails at the end. When guys don't believe they're going to win in the NFL, they won't.

There was just a lot of stuff going on that didn't have a lot to do with the talent level. I think they're smart to just bring everyone back, weed out the malcontents, bring in a few young guys and try again to get the team chemistry where it was a few years ago.

You've already been proven to be a Jets troll posing as a Patriots fan.

A look at your your post history makes that very clear.

Last edited:
word.

I see a plan forming..

so far all the resignings have been quality players.

now...

why is Adalius Thomas still on this roster?

its one thing to want to get rid of the guy.......but if your next option is crable, what's the rush to get rid of him? there's no roster bonus waiting to be paid out....it doesn't cost the pats a dime to hold onto him

You've already been proven to be a Jets troll posing as a Patriots fan.

A look at your your post history makes that very clear.

sure, but does that fact make his last post any more or less valid......there is some accuracy to his statement......

but I gues when you can't dispute his claim, you need to resort to the above.........maybe making a valid counter-point would be more intelligent

What if BB and AD makeup. And give it one more shot. Its not totally implausible. Is it?

Last edited:
sure, but does that fact make his last post any more or less valid......there is some accuracy to his statement......

but I gues when you can't dispute his claim, you need to resort to the above.........maybe making a valid counter-point would be more intelligent

His claim? He was just spewing the typical "Re-singing players is irrelevant, because we didn't win the SB last year" nonsense, which doesn't warrant a response.

However, I took more issue with his fraud Pats fan gimmick.

So what we have is the same team who got blown out at home by Baltimore just a year older and minus Wes Welker. Awesome stuff.

Is this the year they canceled the draft, or do the Pats still have four Day One picks?

Wb Kevin!
Ok now let's just draft Ben Tate, and our RB platoon will be complete!

What if BB and AD makeup. And give it one more shot. Its not totally implausible. Is it?

Totally agree. What if BB sat AD down and said "listen dude, we both have messed up in the past. I want you to be a leader and a role model, and in return we'll make you an OLB where you're happier."

He's a talent. The problem is his attitude. If BB and AD can work it out and get AD fired up perhaps we can find the quality LB that should be in there somewhere.

Totally agree. What if BB sat AD down and said "listen dude, we both have messed up in the past. I want you to be a leader and a role model, and in return we'll make you an OLB where you're happier."

He's a talent. The problem is his attitude. If BB and AD can work it out and get AD fired up perhaps we can find the quality LB that should be in there somewhere.

So BB sucking up to AD will change his attitude?

Enabling and horse trading principals is not the right approach.

AD is paid a tremendous amount of money to play football, help the team win and follow what his coaches ask him to do. He did not do his job in 2009. He needs to be fired. His production does not equal his salary.

His claim? He was just spewing the typical "Re-singing players is irrelevant, because we didn't win the SB last year" nonsense, which doesn't warrant a response.

However, I took more issue with his fraud Pats fan gimmick.

I can't attest to what he is about, but the pats really are less than treading water..........they've resigned some important bodies, but they have not improved in any way.....sure some people will say that some of the young guys are a year more experienced, but so aren't some of the older guys (neal,brady,moss,light,warren)

my one and very big gripe is that the LB group is a disaster and it has clearly been heading in this direction for years......but not just that, but to be effective in the 3-4, the most important thing is the LB's......without a very solid or better LB group, running the 3-4 is just a big waste of time.....the problem is that too many of the DL guys are geared for exactly that......people seem to minimize this notion and decide to call me anti-patriot, they insult me, but none of that escapes the fact that without very aggressive pursuit of LB's, this defense will be mediocre at best....considering the pats have at least 10 games next year against QB's capable of putting up 300 yards on almost any defense, I think alot of these people around here will be asking 'what happened'?

Expected, but still great to hear.
That leaves Watson and Burgess, not sure either of them will be back or what they're looking for.
I'd like to see a solid WR as the next signing, they're dropping like flies!

Isn't this deal similar to the going away party deal for Troy Brown?

I think Troy got the $1 million extra year contract also ... the victory lap contract.

In any case I think Faulk will be a bit more useful for us than troy was ... Kevin will earn it as he always has.

Last edited:
Great news! And considering his makeup, I never doubted he'd return. Also shows the Pats appreciation for him as a person. He's my favorite Pats player, and IMO -- one of the team MVPs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes