PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Keshawn Martin Signed To 2 Year Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martin only played 10 snaps but made an impact in the game. Lafell played like 52 snaps.

Martin only played 10 snaps but made an impact in the game. Lafell played like 52 snaps.
I would point out that while he did make one big pay he has also shown an issue with hanging into the ball

I'm not sure I want JMD over Matt P.

There is just something about Patricia.

Couldn't agree more.

Maybe its because he's always calm & collective, and has this Belichick like mystique about him.
Or maybe its because he's done an excellent job of learning and has done a wonderful job improving our D since taking over as DC. Or maybe its because we all know he's a smart individual with a aerospace engineering degree from a very good school. Oh and last but not least, he hasn't previously had a Head coaching job in which he was fired mainly because his ability to connect with players. Yeahh, I would Choose Patrica over McD 50 times over.

Braxton Miller is dynamic. Just saying ;)

(Draft forum in-joke).

What is the consensus of the draft forum regarding Miller? As an avid OSU fan, I see plenty of talented players coming out in this year's draft, some of them top 3 of their position.

Braxton Miller and Cardale Jones are NOT in that category in my opinion, and will likely be drafted in rounds 5-7.

What is the consensus of the draft forum regarding Miller? As an avid OSU fan, I see plenty of talented players coming out in this year's draft, some of them top 3 of their position.

Braxton Miller and Cardale Jones are NOT in that category in my opinion, and will likely be drafted in rounds 5-7.

If Miller runs in the 4.4 range like Urban said he predicts, along with his history and all the Media attention OSU has gotten during his time there, I see him easily going in 3rd-4th round.

6'3 , 220b, 4.4 fourty, dynamic open field playmakers aren't a very common thing. Look at Deandre Smelter last year, he was drafted in the 4th round.
Personally if he fell and, we had a chance at getting him in the 5th, id love the pick.

Martin has dropped plenty of passes and had some very poor play at times as a wide receiver and as a special teamer

I would point out that while he did make one big pay he has also shown an issue with hanging into the ball

41 targets
26 catches
1 drop

Last edited:
If Miller runs in the 4.4 range like Urban said he predicts, along with his history and all the Media attention OSU has gotten during his time there, I see him easily going in 3rd-4th round.

6'3 , 220b, 4.4 fourty, dynamic open field playmakers aren't a very common thing. Look at Deandre Smelter last year, he was drafted in the 4th round.
Personally if he fell and, we had a chance at getting him in the 5th, id love the pick.

He's a dynamic playmaker, for sure. Unfortunately, I think he falls into the "in between" category that we saw with Terrelle Pryor, and he pretty much sucked at route running this season. He definitely has a lot of raw talent, though.

At best he's Percy Harvin. At worst he's another fast guy without a real position. I'm guessing that he falls somewhere in between a la Terrelle Pryor, but it's hard to predict if someone will take him prior to a late round pick. I'm guessing 5th round. If anyone out there wastes a draft pick on Cardale Jones, they're complete idiots, unless it's a 7th round flier.

That all said, there are a handful of insanely talented Buckeye players this draft.

Sorry Supa but I missed this.

I'm really hot on Miller and would take him at 64 personally. Reasons:

1. He's a rare athlete. Pryor was a fast straight line guy but Miller has better quickness than Pryor. Harvin is a better comp although he was more experienced as a receiver. But Miller is a bigger version of Harvin.
  2. Character. Miller could have moved to almost any school in CFB and been accepted as a QB but he chose to stay and learn a new position. I think that says a fair bit about loyalty.
  3. His rawness, I think is actually a good thing. His had only one year at the position so he hasn't had time to learn bad habits. He's pretty much a blank slate that can be worked with.
  4. Versatility. I've called him a "big Julian Edelman". Not because I think he think he'll be the outstanding route runner Edelman is but because he offers that other stuff that 'Edelman does like reverses and trick plays. In addition, he can be lined up in the backfield as a RB. He won't start as a WR in year one, but he's someone you can get on the field for a few snaps per game in year one.
  5. He's a home run hitter. We just don't have that type of guy on the roster. Miller is someone who can get you a 60yd TD run at any time. It would be nice to add that to the arsenal.
Like I said, he's an early favourite of mine for our 2nd or 3rd round pick. Obviously 3rd would be better but I don't think he'll be there at 96. Daniel Jeremiah, for example had him in his top 50 in his first ranking. I think you bring him in and let him sit behind LaFell and have him take LaFell's position in 2017. He's a risk for sure but I think there's potentially a big reward with Miller. I just think he will end up really suiting this offense. Having been a QB hopefully means he has the intelligence to better learn the complexities of our offence.

The Senior Bowl will be huge for Braxton - if he looks lost playing at WR, that will hurt his stock badly but if he shows progress then I think late 2nd to 3rd is very possible. I also want to know, at the combine, whether he can show the short area quickness to match his speed and explosion.

Miller is just so dynamic with the ball in hand, I'd love to see him, Dion Lewis and Julian Edelman out there together. A nightmare for defenses.

Sorry Supa but I missed this.

I'm really hot on Miller and would take him at 64 personally. Reasons:

1. He's a rare athlete. Pryor was a fast straight line guy but Miller has better quickness than Pryor. Harvin is a better comp although he was more experienced as a receiver. But Miller is a bigger version of Harvin.
  2. Character. Miller could have moved to almost any school in CFB and been accepted as a QB but he chose to stay and learn a new position. I think that says a fair bit about loyalty.
  3. His rawness, I think is actually a good thing. His had only one year at the position so he hasn't had time to learn bad habits. He's pretty much a blank slate that can be worked with.
  4. Versatility. I've called him a "big Julian Edelman". Not because I think he think he'll be the outstanding route runner Edelman is but because he offers that other stuff that 'Edelman does like reverses and trick plays. In addition, he can be lined up in the backfield as a RB. He won't start as a WR in year one, but he's someone you can get on the field for a few snaps per game in year one.
  5. He's a home run hitter. We just don't have that type of guy on the roster. Miller is someone who can get you a 60yd TD run at any time. It would be nice to add that to the arsenal.
Like I said, he's an early favourite of mine for our 2nd or 3rd round pick. Obviously 3rd would be better but I don't think he'll be there at 96. Daniel Jeremiah, for example had him in his top 50 in his first ranking. I think you bring him in and let him sit behind LaFell and have him take LaFell's position in 2017. He's a risk for sure but I think there's potentially a big reward with Miller. I just think he will end up really suiting this offense. Having been a QB hopefully means he has the intelligence to better learn the complexities of our offence.

The Senior Bowl will be huge for Braxton - if he looks lost playing at WR, that will hurt his stock badly but if he shows progress then I think late 2nd to 3rd is very possible. I also want to know, at the combine, whether he can show the short area quickness to match his speed and explosion.

Miller is just so dynamic with the ball in hand, I'd love to see him, Dion Lewis and Julian Edelman out there together. A nightmare for defenses.

Lots of good points and thorough analysis, as usual. Thank you.

While I wouldn't have him as high as you, perhaps I've overlooked just how rare of an athlete he is.

Lots of good points and thorough analysis, as usual. Thank you.

While I wouldn't have him as high as you, perhaps I've overlooked just how rare of an athlete he is.

An intelligent Cordarelle Patterson perhaps? One important question is whether he can play special teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes