PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kerry Byrne: Bill Belichick has lost his mojo

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF has Lovie Smith ever done to make anyone think he's a good coach?

Re: Kerry Byrne:Bill Belichick has lost his mojo

All I know is Reche Caldwell dropped a SURE game winning pass right in his breadbasket...wouldve been SB bound vs the lameass Bears.....and Billy wasn't holding his hand.....
All I know is Eli wiggled out of "In the grasp" and threw a Hail Mary-should-be-picked-off pass and Tyree made the luckiest catch in the History of the NFL, and Rodney wasn't able to knock the ball loose....and Billy wasn't holding their hands...

When you are up 21-3, it should not come down to one play. Enough screwups were made prior to that play.

With prevent defense, the game is never over. That's the lesson I learnt at Michigan watching Colorado Cordell Stewart cameback and watching Lloyd Carr's late game collapses against Iowa, Illinois and Purdue year after year.
Bill's defense has looked & played a lot like Lloyd Carr's.

Good luck NEP fandom, get your heart attack rescue package ready. Your ride ahead is very bumpy. There won't be any SB as long as the defense keeps this up.

Last edited:
You got that right. Prevent defense just prevents your own team from winning.

BB's rep was built on great defensive players like Lawrence Taylor and Ty Law.

It's hard to find that kind of talent, but he sure keeps trying. He's sure got the revolving door spinning in Foxboro.

Re: Kerry Byrne:Bill Belichick has lost his mojo

When you are up 21-3, it should not come down to one play. Enough screwups were made prior to that play.

With prevent defense, the game is never over. That's the lesson I learnt at Michigan watching Colorado Cordell Stewart cameback and watching Lloyd Carr's late game collapses against Iowa, Illinois and Purdue year after year.
Bill's defense has looked & played a lot like Lloyd Carr's.

Good luck NEP fandom, get your heart attack rescue package ready. Your ride ahead is very bumpy. There won't be any SB as long as the defense keeps this up.

I think there are MANY folks in here, INCLUDING MYSELF that would LOVE to see MASSIVE pressure on the QB, get after him on almost every single play.....it seems like Bill either doesn't think we have that kind of talent, or he sees too many BIG plays coming from that type of play call, it looks to me like he is forcing the offense to run MANY plays without screwing up or turn it over to our offense.
Maybe I'm wrong I don't know, but it looks that way from what I see more often than not.
Fact is the Pats have won quite a few games with that defense, and if Samuel catches that INT, or Reche catches that ball, or Tyree drops that lucky catch, we are not looking at it so bad, but have AT LEAST 1 more SB to our name.

It may not be sexy, and it is VERY aggravating(prevent) to watch, but obviously Bill thinks it gives them the best chance at winning, and like I said minus a few fluke plays, he'd be more right than wrong.

There is no ONE way to do things, there are multiple ways, and it looks like Billy believes in that defense more, at least with the players we have had on board......
I certainly don't agree with everything I see, and I scream and throw **** like the rest, but he certainly knows the odds a hell of a lot better than me.

There are alot of coaches and teams that never sniff the SB, noone is perfect, but Billy at least gives us a chance.

Every word in Byrne's article is the cold, hard truth. Every...single...word.

The suckitude of Bill's drafts have manifested itself in the under-talented, soft-covering, non-rushing, late-game-collapsing defense we see before us. And Bill's drafting ineptitude is also now manifesting itself in our offensive execution, of which I am strongly in favor.

I hope, for all our sakes, that Bob Kraft is taking note of the decline of the on-field value of his "product", and the reason(s) thereof.

The suckitude of Bill's drafts have manifested itself in the under-talented, soft-covering, non-rushing, late-game-collapsing defense we see before us. And Bill's drafting ineptitude is also now manifesting itself in our offensive execution, of which I am strongly in favor.

I hope, for all our sakes, that Bob Kraft is taking note of the decline of the on-field value of his "product", and the reason(s) thereof.

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

Send your resume into Kraft with a thorough analysis of the Patriots problems and how you can fix them.

Send your resume into Kraft with a thorough analysis of the Patriots problems and how you can fix them.

And he'll put that name on his list of guys to be considered just as soon as hell freezes over, just below NEM's...

And he'll put that name on his list of guys to be considered just as soon as hell freezes over, just below NEM's...
But the problems are so easy to fix from the outside :p

A tell-tell sign of a declining franchise is a rabid fan base with blind faith that refuses to face reality.

Fellows, welcome to the 49ners fan club.

If objective criticism helps franchise face up to the problems, I see no fault in that. Some of you are too caught up with bill's standing and legacy to be objective. There are plenty of good to even great coaches that became liability in the end.

Last edited:
A tell-tell sign of a declining franchise is a rabid fan base with blind faith that refuses to face reality.

If objective criticism helps franchise face up to the problems, I see no fault in that. Too many of you are too caught up with bill's standing and legacy to be objective. There are plenty of great coaches that became liability in the end.
Or just not overreacting because the team are perennial contenders year in year out on the back of "poor drafting".

BTW, last year's draft class looks alright to me so far.

Last edited:
BB has lost a lot of the behind the scenes guys that made things click ten years ago. It's obvious that the replacements aren't as good as their predecessors, both on and off the field.

But with BB, the one constant is that he has continued to put a winning team on the field. Without him, last year probably would have been 5-11 instead of 11-5. As long as he's here, I don't think we'll ever see this team finish 1-15, like a lot of teams that decline over time.

What is most bothersome to me this year is the fact that they abandon the run so quickly - even when it appears to be effective (with anyone BUT Maroney). It's a pass-happy offense....which would be fine if Brady was in form, but so far he is not.

Last edited:

If objective criticism helps franchise face up to the problems, I see no fault in that. Some of you are too caught up with bill's standing and legacy to be objective. There are plenty of good to even great coaches that became liability in the end.

What does any of this nonesense and misdirection have to do with your ludicrous claim that Lovie Smith could do more with this team then BB?

My God they are 3-2 fire everyone. What a bunch of fruitcakes.

I'm somewhat of a kool aid drinker but also recognize BB has had some failures. The problem is, BB and we as pats fans have set the bar so high. In many aspects, there was nowhere to go but down.

But consider this, if Dave Thomas doesn't make the bonehead dead ball penalty in Indy last year, the pats just may have been 12-4 and BB prob would have had back to back "NFL Coach of the Year" awards. Most coaches never even sniff that mojo.

BTW, last year's draft class looks alright to me so far.

Its too early to judge obviously, but still... wouldn't you like to see a starter or two? Doesn't a good NFL draft class contain at least one out-of-the-box starter?

Its too early to judge obviously, but still... wouldn't you like to see a starter or two? Doesn't a good NFL draft class contain at least one out-of-the-box starter?

Too much emphasis on starter and not enough on gameday activation.

Pryor, Edelman, Butler, Chung, Vollmer, Ingram - Six impact rookies.

We also have what projects to a nice little LB on IR and Brandon Tate coming off PUP who COULD have an impact by season's end.

Not sure how that is a bad draft.

Last edited:

I'm not 100% certain alot of guys are gonna step right in and play on a perennial SB worthy team.
Mayo was drafted last year,started OOTB, and was the ROY...I'd love to see more draftees step right in, but I don't think it's that EZ on Bills teams.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back