PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kendrick Bourne best wide receiver free agent signing

He surprisingly has more yards than jakobi meyers

I was laughed out of the thread that announced his signings when I suggested that Bourne was a WR1 candidate. At the time the forum was pining for Brown and singing Agholor's praise. I kept it to myself at the time, but I've always respected Bourne's talent and strength. He was a useful WR with Garoppolo and I knew, and still know, that Bill and McD are going to find a guy like that and get him the ball.

Bourne has been fabulous. A taller Deion Branch. Henry has been excellent. Judon is a home run. Mills is great value and surprisingly hasn't been burned too much.

The ones that don't look great but still have time to show their worth are Jonnu, Agholor, and Wynn.

Bourne, Mills, Judon, Henry...you guys just don't understand that Belichick went on a "spending spree" of a quarter billion dollars that was irresponsible, unprecedented, and smelled of desperation. All the players were overpaid for what is an inevitable 3 years of rebuilding while breaking in a rookie QB with the target of the playoffs in 2025.

But instead of being patient and intelligent, the future was sacrificed in order to have a tiny bit of competitiveness this year, leading to inevitable multiple years @ 7-9, 8-8, or at best, 9-7.

Get with the program.

I was cautiously optimistic about the Bourne signing. Looked like a guy with athleticism and upside who just needed to be molded into what NE wants. It took a few weeks but he looks pretty damn good. Glad they got him for several years. It helps that he has a very good locker room presence as well.

Could never figured out why BB signed Nelson.... He is at best #2/#3 WR..
The Op article is actually pretty interesting in this. No one has performed their salary, after the 10M mark, so when can safely say this was a trend that did no go right

Gotta be real interesting to see the WR market next off-season. Considering that Agholor has a kinda optional second year (IIRC), we could see a market down the position and we might have the flexiblity/need to add pieces

I was laughed out of the thread that announced his signings when I suggested that Bourne was a WR1 candidate. At the time the forum was pining for Brown and singing Agholor's praise. I kept it to myself at the time, but I've always respected Bourne's talent and strength. He was a useful WR with Garoppolo and I knew, and still know, that Bill and McD are going to find a guy like that and get him the ball.
I loved what I saw him showing in the off season summer workout videos. I liked that whole thing, getting the guys together and doing the work they did laid the foundation for what they’re doing now. Bourne really stood out to me then, and I’ve been rooting for him since then. Found my binkie.

btw I’ve also been thinking about those workouts in another way. I was glad to see Stidham taking a leadership role in getting them organized. I have been wondering if Bill’s Plan B for not nabbing Mac or another top flight QB might’ve been a camp QB competition between Cam and Stid. Not sure Cam would've been starter this year if that happened.

Bourne, Mills, Judon, Henry...you guys just don't understand that Belichick went on a "spending spree" of a quarter billion dollars that was irresponsible, unprecedented, and smelled of desperation. All the players were overpaid for what is an inevitable 3 years of rebuilding while breaking in a rookie QB with the target of the playoffs in 2025.

But instead of being patient and intelligent, the future was sacrificed in order to have a tiny bit of competitiveness this year, leading to inevitable multiple years @ 7-9, 8-8, or at best, 9-7.

Get with the program.
Yup, and mentioning the money, or guaranteed money, without including the "years of service" bought is just plain misleading, or stupid.

The Pats bought like 45-50 years of service for players, almost all of them in their prime.

Steelers dropped 120 million, 80 guaranteed, on 5 years of TJ Watt (every week missed for injury) creates a gaping hole.

The Op article is actually pretty interesting in this. No one has performed their salary, after the 10M mark, so when can safely say this was a trend that did no go right

Gotta be real interesting to see the WR market next off-season. Considering that Agholor has a kinda optional second year (IIRC), we could see a market down the position and we might have the flexiblity/need to add pieces
Agholor could be cut next year to save 5m on the cap (with 10m dead money). Not sure whether that's too much dead money.

Agholor is ranked fourth in VOA among FA WRs, and right there with Corey Davis, who makes 1.5 more for 3 instead of 2 years and got a ton of guaranteed money, and right there with Tyler Boyd, who resigned with the Bengals.

there's nothing "optional" about his second year, unless you consider eating $10million is a good option.

I loved what I saw him showing in the off season summer workout videos. I liked that whole thing, getting the guys together and doing the work they did laid the foundation for what they’re doing now. Bourne really stood out to me then, and I’ve been rooting for him since then. Found my binkie.

btw I’ve also been thinking about those workouts in another way. I was glad to see Stidham taking a leadership role in getting them organized. I have been wondering if Bill’s Plan B for not nabbing Mac or another top flight QB might’ve been a camp QB competition between Cam and Stid. Not sure Cam would've been starter this year if that happened.
Considering that Stid was on IR I think he would have been the winner by default :eek:

there's nothing "optional" about his second year, unless you consider eating $10million is a good option.
Agholor could be cut next year to save 5m on the cap (with 10m dead money). Not sure whether that's too much dead money.
I thought we could cut him for free. 10M is plenty

Agholor is going to have a huge game sometime soon and silence all this nonsense.

I think Aghalor is important to at least draw coverage until we can get some more young assets at WR.

Considering that Stid was on IR I think he would have been the winner by default :eek:
Don’t recall him being on IR at time of the draft. I was trying to figure why Belichick made no moves in FA or draft to cover the possibility that none of the top QB prospects fell to him. All I can figure is he was prepared to go with Cam, Stid, Hoyer, and some unknown, which makes me wonder if he thought Stid might be a viable starter. Obviously not at Mac’s level of course. But it just doesn’t seem like Bill not to have a Plan B. So I’d like to know what it was.

Basically , Bourne > Jerry Rice. Don't @ me.

NFL Network has KB on at the moment. Willie just told him he was going to test him to see how well he has been assimilated by the Patriots. Then he talked about how the Patriots were setting up well for the playoffs and possibly the Super Bowl, and asked Bourne if the Patriots were ready for that. Bourne didn’t miss a beat before answering that we‘re not thinking that far ahead, then as he started to say they’re just taking it one day at a time Willie started laughing and interrupted to tell him he didn’t have to finish answering, it’s clear he’s been totally assimilated. Good times.

How Kendrick Bourne Fared On Willie McGinest's 'Official Patriots Test'

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back