PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Keep in mind for mock draft trades

Status
Not open for further replies.

dryheat44

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I don't remember hearing about this specific scenario last year, but if you ever needed more proof that the trade chart is a relic, read here:

Chiefs Try To Move To No. 20 | ProFootballTalk.com

In sum, Kansas City offered the #3 pick to Detroit for #20 and #33. Detroit said no.

Just slightly off subject and a random question.

Assuming GERALD MCCOY is on the board with the no.5 pick, would you trade first and 2 seconds (TEN,NE) to KC to get him ?

Assuming GERALD MCCOY is on the board with the no.5 pick, would you trade first and 2 seconds (TEN,NE) to KC to get him ?

No........

Maybe it was more about the money?

Could they afford to pay out two huge contracts?

Well, that's part of the whole point. Kansas City offered a deal in which they were giving away over 700 "points" under the trade value chart, and Detroit said "Thanks, but no thanks." Therefore "trade value" under that chart is pretty well useless, for financial considerations, as well as other reasons -- term length, roster management, etc.

Last edited:
Thinking a rookie cap is coming next year may have several top 15 teams hoping to trade out for later picks this year or even for next year. And those that do draft in the top 15 will offer considerably less than was paid last year, pointing to next yr's potential rookie cap as negotiating power. I can see highly drafted rookies holding out for a long time as they point to last yr's draftees' salaries. It's going to be a real tug-of-war I think.

Last edited:

I wouldn't give up #22 AND two seconds for anyone, period. Each of those seconds could nab a player that would have gone in the first round most years.

Not a hope in hell.

I wouldn't give up #22 AND two seconds for anyone, period. Each of those seconds could nab a player that would have gone in the first round most years.

I would like to get to the top of round 2 with one of our 2nds. Targeting 3 guys and making it happen with 4 picks.

I would like to get to the top of round 2 with one of our 2nds. Targeting 3 guys and making it happen with 4 picks.

I like this idea as well. Trade our #22 for a second and a third round this year. Lot's of teams dumb enough to go for that. 4 second rounders and a low third would be soooooooooooooo sweet!:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back