Welcome to PatsFans.com

Kalil vs Koppen (vs Mangold)

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by GoWesleyan, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoWesleyan

GoWesleyan Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I've always thought Koppen was an above average starting center. Is kalil considered to be MUCH better? How is Kalil rated vs Mangold last year?

I ask because Pat Kirwan (among others) has us picking Kalil at 28. I personally don't know why we'd do that. I can't see either Kalil or Koppen being an upgrade over Neal at guard.

2. patsfan-1982

patsfan-1982 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +47 / 7 / -2

i think koppen is a probowler at center i would not take kalil at 28 but im not scott pioli lol any way i think mangold is better then kalil and he will be a 2th rounder

3. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Mangold is considered to have a firmer base than Kalil (bigger butt and thicker legs) Kalil is considered to be the better technician. Koppen was a good technician coming out of BC. Kalil seems to be much of a class with Koppen. I'd consider Koppen a first round value knowing what we know about him now, so when Mayock and others grade Kalil as a first round Center, I have no quibble. I believe Koppen could slide over and play Guard if needed, based on that, I think Kalil could too. If the choice was taking Kalil in the first or "reaching" into the second for a LB/CB/S/DE/WR, I'd probably reach, but I won't deny he is decent value at the end of round one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.