PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Justin Blackmon not off to a good start in the NFL: Aggravated DUI arrest

Status
Not open for further replies.
He blew a .24 wow! What a dumb-ass

Yeah, that's approaching the "dead" range.

For a 210 pound frequent drinker, drinking over a two hour period, that's 14 shots of 80 proof booze (21 ounces) or 15, 12 oz cans of Bud (180 oz, aka, "Man, I gotta pee real bad.")

You can blow a 4.0 if you're sniffin' the Peruvian Marching Dust and still walk a straight line...of course you'll be rappin' like the manager of Mike's Meth Lab...

In addition I don't think he can play...but I should temper this by saying that I have only seen a minute or two of highlights of him. Based on this tiny sample size, he looked dreadfully slow and awkward going in and out of cuts. Like a moose dodging a car. Maybe he was able to get away with this in college because of his size, but it is not going to work in the NFL.

I know that am working with a tiny sample of his highlights but I do remember watching Percy Harvin workout tapes and being shocked at how insanely fast he was in and out of cuts....Blackmon was the opposite.

I found this in the "NFL Constitution and Bylaws".
Section 8.6
This section was utilized by the commish on Terrelle Pryor. It appears that he can penalize any player for transgressions committed while playing for the NCAA.
In suspending Pryor, league relied on general provisions regarding “detrimental conduct” | ProFootballTalk

Nice find. I think that the Pryor case was an excetional one, and the league would likely be challenged if they routinely attempted to punish as detrimental conduct which occurred prior to a player being drafted.

yeah..jags should just give up and or move out of that state

In addition I don't think he can play...but I should temper this by saying that I have only seen a minute or two of highlights of him. Based on this tiny sample size, he looked dreadfully slow and awkward going in and out of cuts. Like a moose dodging a car. Maybe he was able to get away with this in college because of his size, but it is not going to work in the NFL.

I know that am working with a tiny sample of his highlights but I do remember watching Percy Harvin workout tapes and being shocked at how insanely fast he was in and out of cuts....Blackmon was the opposite.

I would caution making any kind of judgment on a minuteo r two of highlights. And Blackmon and Harvin are completely different types of WRs. Harvin relies totally on his speed and cutting ability.

But I think that multiple DUIs, and the level of blood acohol, are significant. It sounds like Blackmon has a real issue here, and that he could just as easily flame out as succeed. There are guys like Jared Allen who manage to get their act together and overcome a history of multiple DUIs, but there are other guys who never do. It's probably not a comfortable place to be for the Jacksonville FO right now, especially given that they've been burned before (Matt Jones, Reggie Williams).

I would caution making any kind of judgment on a minuteo r two of highlights. And Blackmon and Harvin are completely different types of WRs. Harvin relies totally on his speed and cutting ability.

Maybe it's time for a "Who Should the Jaguars Have Picked Instead of Justin Blackmon?" thread.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Maybe it's time for a "Who Should the Jaguars Picked Have Instead of Justin Blackmon?" thread.

They needed secondary help, too. Maybe Tavon Wilson? :D

Maybe it's time for a "Who Should the Jaguars Picked Have Instead of Justin Blackmon?" thread.

The probably should have drafted Jones or Hightower...:)

Actually with a team like Jacksonville with a lot of holes to fill...it would have been be best to trade down and stockpile picks (maybe trade down and pick Hightower!). It is poor strategy to use such a high pick on a risky player.

Last edited:
Nice find. I think that the Pryor case was an excetional one, and the league would likely be challenged if they routinely attempted to punish as detrimental conduct which occurred prior to a player being drafted.

The NCAA is seeking the NFL's support through penalties for players accepting money from agents.
Panel considering financial penalties for players who take benefits from agents - ESPN
NCAA, NFL considering penalties for agents, players violating rules
Rules like this will no doubt make the NCAA lazier in policing its own backyard as it passes the buck to the NFL. As the NFL seeks to clean up its undeclared minor league, DUIs and assaults by draftees will come under their jurisdiction regardless of their court dates and penalties will be more commonplace.

That's what I'm reading into this stuff.

Blackmon has entered a not guilty plea, naturally, but the DA in the case says he is not interested in a plea bargain because they pled his first offense down to minor in possession and they want this offense on his record as DUI (and not reckless driving) because if convicted another offense will raise the ante to felony DUI next time. Word is his contract structure will be effected and other first rounders better get their deals done pronto lest they lose leverage as a result. And he does potentially face league discipline. As well as possible jail time (although first offenders usually get mandatory counseling and probation). His hearing is set for 3 days before JAGS open TC.

270906_10150944964945970_1886577657_n.jpg

Acting like an NFL Vet already!

Especially an NFL vet from the 1990s Cowboys.
I lived in Dallas from January 92 through August 95, and during that time, there were about a dozen idiots who were constanlty getting in trouble (including the owner himself).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Back