PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just when the door was shutting after Gronk injury, Peyton opened it

The door was never gonna close all the way.

You didn't see the door stopper? Hope is still here.

Pats are victims of their own sustained success. One or two loss and people wonder if this is the end of the patriots -rinse repeat every year. Its hard to win in this league consistently something both the media and us fans dont appreciate more.

Exhibit #1: People questioning whether Bill Belichick was losing his touch because . . . the Patriots lost two games in a row.

But think about this for a second: it's been over a decade since the Pats have lost three consecutive regular-season games.

Manning probably still can't explain why the hell he threw the ball that ended up as the game changing INT.

That's easy. It's hard to throw a decent pass with two hands wrapped around your own neck.

Why does everyone always act surprised by Peyton Manning late season, big game chokes?

How long have we been seeing this?

You listen to the `experts` and start to wonder if they just discovered football this year.

Fun Facts

Last 5 games:

Jaguars 4-1

Broncos 3-2

Debbie Downer
says:

While it's great that we can gain the #1 seed with 3 straight wins, we need to take it a game at a time.

We have back to back road games @ Miami and @ Baltimore, both who tend to play us well at home, are in the thick of a playoff race themselves, have capably tough defenses, and whose fans and teams will be very pumped up.

There is just as good of a chance or better of losing one of our final 3 games and dropping down to the #3 seed as there is winning all 3 and moving up to the #1 seed. It's great that DEN lost, but NE has their work cut out for them, and then some.

Agreed with everything you said. We have the inside track, but its by no means a lock. A win can give us the one seed, but a loss can give us the third.

Game by game approach, but can't help to feel anything but pumped about last night. Miami gonna be tough, but I have faith the team gonna want to wrap up the division down their. Not to mention, our fan base is always well represented down their. I myself know quite a few people that are making the trip.

In his post-game press conference Manning said, "We made mistakes in all three phases." Who named him head coach? Unbelievable. Never in a million years would Brady say something like that.

He forgot to mention that the three phases were passing, audibles and cold weather. Phillip Rivers did a good job in all three.

Re: Fun Facts

Denvers total offense in second quarter = Minus One -1

While it was nice to see the Broncos lose, it still doesn't give me greater confidence in the Pats chances with all of the injuries they've had.

Debbie Downer
says:

While it's great that we can gain the #1 seed with 3 straight wins, we need to take it a game at a time.

We have back to back road games @ Miami and @ Baltimore, both who tend to play us well at home, are in the thick of a playoff race themselves, have capably tough defenses, and whose fans and teams will be very pumped up.

There is just as good of a chance or better of losing one of our final 3 games and dropping down to the #3 seed as there is winning all 3 and moving up to the #1 seed. It's great that DEN lost, but NE has their work cut out for them, and then some.

Agree 100% with Debbie Downer lol. Realistically though, we could lose to either Miami or Baltimore. The Pats can not pull any of this sleepwalk through the first half bull****. You can't force an offense to come back from 10+ EVERY game. As we saw last night, a desperate 6-7 team beat a good 11-2 team. This is the time of year where teams are fighting for their playoff lives, and both Miami and Baltimore are gonna give the Pats their best. We have trouble with physical teams, and Baltimore has owned us the last few years. There are no guarantees and no cake walks the rest of the way. Gonna take an incredible effort to win the last 3 games.

Agreed with everything you said. We have the inside track, but its by no means a lock. A win can give us the one seed, but a loss can give us the third.

Game by game approach, but can't help to feel anything but pumped about last night. Miami gonna be tough, but I have faith the team gonna want to wrap up the division down their. Not to mention, our fan base is always well represented down their. I myself know quite a few people that are making the trip.

The UKPats have a contingent heading down fresh from the annual roadtrip last weekend!

peyton's right. the cold weather doesn't bother him. it just so happens to be cold when the "big" games are played.

according to mike and mike the pats will be the worst #1 seed ever.

Let's give credit where credit is due. Peyton didn't open any doors for the Pats, the Chargers opened it for us.

Philip made some great throws last night and their defense stayed discipline against he Broncos offense. Kudos to them.

But, but, but...everyone, including Peyton himself, told me Peyton fixed all his cold weather woes last week and will never be a problem for him again!!!

In his post-game press conference Manning said, "We made mistakes in all three phases." Who named him head coach? Unbelievable. Never in a million years would Brady say something like that.

If Brady threw for over 9000 yds and still lost he'd still say it was his fault.

But, but, but...everyone, including Peyton himself, told me Peyton fixed all his cold weather woes last week and will never be a problem for him again!!!

Well, duh, the "sun don't shine" at night.

Even though it is pc to say 'Manning' opened the door around here, and it probably is said as somewhat of a joke, but I think the whole team really didn't play with any sense of urgency...

This team, with these injuries, with this youth, getting the #1 seed?

It would be the greatest coaching and greatest quarterbacking accomplishments of the Super Bowl era.

Seriously.

COY
MVP (though it will go to the media darling, Mr. Statman Five-head).

I think it would be all the sweeter without Gronk who seems to get hurt at exactly the wrong time almost every year. He's a great player, no doubt, but unfortunately he can't be depended on. When I saw him running down the field Sunday, I knew he was going to get hurt. Don't quite know what the Pats can do about it. Put armor plate on him, I guess.

Sooo many excuses coming out of Denver, Peyton claims they were tired because of the thursday game and that they ran too many plays vs the titans. Mike and Mike *****ing about the cleveland game like denver is beating cheated out of 1st. What about the jets and panthers game *******s? Pats would be running away with HFA if not for those. Whenever Peyton wins games on pass interference calls there's not a peep. To this day nobody talks about the AFCCG he won on crappy calls but Pats fans.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back