PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just HOW Incompetent and UNETHICAL Is MCI (Ben Volin)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it is clear why Volin is the go to guy for Felger and Mazz...... Birds of a feather and all that.

Felger, Mazz, Volin, Tomase, Burges, Jones..........What of heaping pile of junk. They do not need to be accurate nor do they care if they are accurate rather they just care about clicks and hits. They are on the air to be provocative. No different than any tabloid reporter or cheesy used car sales guy.

Do you remember that kid in school that always got drunk, talked trash, then got his ass kicked and never learned? Apparently they were prepping for a career in radio broadcasting.

Last edited:
I

I vote for uncle meat...
He hasn't posted since Oct 2014.

They do come here for storylines. I don't think Volin is that resourceful or open-minded.

I'm willing to accept some inaccuracy from Joe Schmo, twitter mope, but this guy is supposed to be a journalist. And don't you get the feeling there was vindictiveness behind it. A desire to cast doubt on the veracity of a report that exonerates the Pats 'cause it doesn't fit with his narrative.

He needs to go the way of Tomase and only be allowed to cover the Sox.

It is funny though watching them defend their positions as more and more understanding of the science behind the report is beginning to take hold. I wonder how long they will hold on to this mantra?

It is funny though watching them defend their positions as more and more understanding of the science behind the report is beginning to take hold. I wonder how long they will hold on to this mantra?

"The science proves that the balls were almost certainly not tampered with during the AFCCG."
- Rational person

"Yes, but they wrote 'Deflator' in a text back in May!" That clearly proves that they tampered with the balls in January.
- Most media members and fans of opposing teams

No question on McDonough. He was agenda-driven and had a very high-opinion of himself and his relevance to the sporting world.

With that said, Volin can only hope to realize as a sports journalist what Willie ever had forgotten.
Of course. Back then those guys were, while often utter assholes, at least real journalists.

The bottom line is that the guy is just plain stupid. You only have to listen to him talk for one minute to recognize this. It's sad, but it's pretty much what print media in this town has come to. Howe is only good by comparison and even then, not very. I watched a painful bit with Howe kissing up to Felger last night 'you're absolutely right Mike'-ing him to death about how the AEI report is completely meaningless cause it's all about the texts, yo.

I saw that too. However, he was agreeing with the premise of Felgers that the Commish could give zero games for the report, but one for not cooperating. Makes it a bit more palatable.

C'mon man...the Wells report was never done independently. He was PAID by the NFL and Goodell.Show any of us exactly WHO paid AEI.

I saw that too. However, he was agreeing with the premise of Felgers that the Commish could give zero games for the report, but one for not cooperating. Makes it a bit more palatable.
Which is still BS b/c there have been players (see Favre and the Jenn Sterger fiasco) who did not cooperate, were subsequently fined and not suspended.

Last edited:
Which is still BS b/c there have been players (see Favre and the Jenn Sterger fiasco) who did not cooperate were subsequently fined and not suspended.
I was thinking about that today and this scenario entered my mind: The Dope reduces the discipline to one or two games and clears Brady of any wrong-doing with the footballs and tells the world Brady is being sanctioned only for not cooperating. Immediate reaction from the haters: Goodell is covering for Brady and he did cheat. Proof: Favre only fined for not cooperating, not suspended.

Which is still BS b/c there have been players (see Favre and the Jenn Sterger fiasco) who did not cooperate, were subsequently fined and not suspended.

True. He should get a 250k fine (even though he should get nothing) and be done.

Except that, just as he f'ed up in the Ray Rice case, he apparently set the precedent on failure to cooperate as a fine, not a suspension, so it would be on the NFL to prove why Brady merits a suspension in the absence of evidence of wrongdoing. [As the original NFLPA appeal noted, discipline must be consistent and not arbitrary.]

I'm surprised no one here has made this joke yet . . .

He's so unethical, he'd sell his own mother for a <blank>. . . . :p

True. He should get a 250k fine (even though he should get nothing) and be done.
That would make this whole thing go away...

It is an issue still. With that fine, the NFL is still saying that by not cooperating with the investigation Brady is still behaving in conduct detrimental to the league. However, Wells is on record as saying that Brady cooperated fully.What a mess.

Yeah but there were extenuating circumstances; Favre's offense occurred as a member of the Rats.

Punishments for actual NFL* teams is more unpredictable.

That would make this whole thing go away...

It is an issue still. With that fine, the NFL is still saying that by not cooperating with the investigation Brady is still behaving in conduct detrimental to the league. However, Wells is on record as saying that Brady cooperated fully.What a mess.

Very true. It's a mess because people are dumb and believe just about anything that is told them if it aligns with their preconceived opinion of a given situation, regardless of facts. If the media wasn't corrupt and bloodthirsty this would be the common theme and would have put this to rest the instant Morts report was found to be grossly overstated.

I live in South Florida and am familiar with Volins' status in this market. There are three newspapers in the market with the Miami Herald the most important, the Sun Sentinel, next most important and a distant third, the Palm Beach Post, Volins paper. For the few people that actually read his paper, he was a homer with not a lot to brag about. How he ever found his way to the Globe is a sad commentary on the Globe and a positive about him.

How he ever found his way to the Globe is a sad commentary on the Globe and a positive about him.

I saw that as well. I think the Globe was desperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe