PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just HOW Incompetent and UNETHICAL Is MCI (Ben Volin)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a normal year Violin would be a contender for the John Tomase Award, given annually to the media member who shows the least integrity and most dishonesty, but this year Chris Mortenson is so far out in front with his 11 out of 12 story that he will be tough to catch. Given that Mort is apparently sticking to his story even n though everyone knows it is in fact complete bullsh.t he could well end up with a major award named after him as well zirconian plated pile of bull dung given yearly to the Tomase winner.

He'll probably have a street named after him in Connecticut.

This is one of the biggest problems with Twitter. I used to enjoy the speed of information, but speed has taken precedent over accuracy, which is unfortunate.

Any chance to remove Volin from the patsfans twitter list that has all the beat writers? Not having his bile show up was the main catalyst for me to make my own list to follow.

The funny thing is Toucher and Rich had the same author of the AEI report as Adam Jones had and he mentioned that he saw the Twitter controversy over the Kraft Foundation. He said that the Kraft Foundation made a small donation about ten years ago to AEI and he had never heard of them prior to this weekend.

He'll probably have a street named after him in Connecticut.

@ctpatsfan77, ESPN's headquarters is located in Bristol.

disney-gfy-o.gif

See this is the thing. Local beat writers for the Bruins and Sox should be ripping those teams. Colossal disappointments, but the Pats? Cmom they just won a fricken SB..

yeah, but that's what stirs up the controversy --- you attack whatever gets you the most attention

he's got a whole 6 page thread growing about him right here -- how often does mike reiss generate a big thread?

I love how due diligence is only required when you have egg on your face, not when you rush to report something your half ass google search found.

Volin's future job options, should he ever be fired, are limited to Indianapolis, Miami, NYC, and Buffalo area newspapers

didn't he already get fired in miami?
To my knowledge, he left on his own but I'm only going by what I've read. Doesn't mean he didn't deserve to be...:)

This is one of the biggest problems with Twitter. I used to enjoy the speed of information, but speed has taken precedent over accuracy, which is unfortunate.

Nailed It!
Ian as well as good/accurate reporting. Seems like anyone with a key pad/board and an opinion (negative & slandering is their means) is giving good jounalism a run for its money.

Speaking for myself, I sometimes have just knee-jerk reactions to media members who are critical of the Patriots and I incorrectly place them in my Enemies Forever Club, only to be forced to admit to myself later that I was wrong about them. Not Volin. I've read his Sunday column regularly since he got here, read his other stuff and heard/seen him on local radio/TV. His anti-NE agenda is genuine, as is Shank's, Ryan's, Gasper's, Buckley's, Borges's, Tomase's, Felger's, Mazz's, etc.

The thread title sounds like the set up to a bad joke.

"I don't know, how unethical and incompetent is he?" :)

Volin's future job options, should he ever be fired, are limited to Indianapolis, Miami, NYC, and Buffalo area newspapers

He works for the Globe. They probably like that they have a Patriots writer who hates and slams the Patriots. It takes the spotlight off the disaster that is the Red Sox.

@ctpatsfan77, ESPN's headquarters is located in Bristol.

disney-gfy-o.gif

Shocker that a poster with the name @ctpatsfan77 would take offense to someone saying Connecticut will name a street after hack volin.

Maybe you should have come up with a line that made it more clear you were talking about ESPN.

Shame you can't get jobs so easily bashing the home team in other cities. Joker would be a legendary Jets reporter if that were the case.

He works for the Globe. They probably like that they have a Patriots writer who hates and slams the Patriots. It takes the spotlight off the disaster that is the Red Sox.

Ya unless volin royally screws up and causes the globe to be sued or the globe finds somone who trolls harder for a cheaper price then his job is secure until the globe folds.

And make no mistake about it his job has never been safer with the Red Sox imploding in front of our eyes right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST