PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just got an e-mail from Mike Florio...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did you hear this from?

Reported on channel 7 news I think. I was flipping round. They showed footage from the game. It also might have been NECN.

Apparently this bombshel is that some former Oakland player claims the Pats had their linemen miked up and were recording Gannon in the snow bowl, and that the next year he actually heard the tape.

Yeah, like if we ever had it BB would have let it out of his sight...

It was probably some audio tape generated by the same people who sold one of us to Miami...

Fans here better sack up or move on. Really. The team is dealing with this. Bill is actually playful tonight and smiling. Believe me, this can drag on as long as the media and Goodell allow it to. But the more whiners whine the more likely someone else decides to drop a dime on one of their former coaches. At some point the message will be sent to STFU.

Apparently this bombshel is that some former Oakland player claims the Pats had their linemen miked up and were recording Gannon in the snow bowl, and that the next year he actually heard the tape.

Eddie George accused the Raiders of putting mics in their recievers helmets this week too. If this is a bombshell, he's running out of gas.

Florio has made it his mission in life to destroy the Patriots Franchise.

He is posting any ridicilous rumor he hears like it;s fact.

The reason???

Cameragate has probably generated more traffic to his sight then he has ever had.

The quicker it dies, the less hits it gets, the less money he gets.

It's that simple.

I've found Florio to be fairly responsible, if you can say that for this type of site. He holds back on a fair amount of rumors untill he can determine that there's some legs to the story. He also will respond to emails, which is amazing considering the number he must recieve.

I've found Florio to be fairly responsible, if you can say that for this type of site. He holds back on a fair amount of rumors untill he can determine that there's some legs to the story. He also will respond to emails, which is amazing considering the number he must recieve.

Sometimes, at any rate.

I have no problem with his passing on rumors. It's when he goes into analysis mode that he sometimes makes me hope he develops a nasty case of carpal tunnel syndrome.

He did this with the Vick story. Everyday there was a new "theory" and they were digging up dozens of dogs every day only to be ignored in some type of conspiracy theory by the state prosecutor.

Bad example. He gained an awful lot of credibility with the Vick story, he was closer early on than anyone else at all.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...nginis_aboutface_on_spying_burns_belic-1.html

Belichick won three Super Bowls in four years. Did he do it by cheating? This is not the NCAA, so the NFL is not repossessing the Vince Lombardi trophies. But if he was stealing the Rams' defensive signals, did that contribute to the second greatest upset in Super Bowl history when New England beat St. Louis, 20-17, after the 2001 season?

"If he did steal signals in that game, he didn't do a very good job," said Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz, the Rams coach at the time. "Going into the last drive, they had 100 yards of offense. He got the wrong signals. If he had our defensive signals, it didn't help him much."

The Patriots actually had 214 yards going into the 53-yard drive for the winning field goal on the last play of the game. Tom Brady's offense managed only one TD, 15 first downs and was 2-for-11 on third down. Belichick won two more Super Bowls in the next three years.

"He won legitimately," Martz insists. "Those players had to line up and play and win those games. And they did."

Wow, it looks like cameragate is just the beginning. This could be a very long season folks.

Wow, it looks like cameragate is just the beginning. This could be a very long season folks.

Keep it coming. Saw how the extra mojo worked this week. A long year indeed. Long and full of many, many victories. :rocker::singing::singing::singing:

Yeah. It could extend into the beginning of February.

Feb would be about right for when BB's suspension would end if more evidence is uncovered by the league office.

Last edited:
Keep it coming. Saw how the extra mojo worked this week. A long year indeed. Long and full of many, many victories. :rocker::singing::singing::singing:

No kidding. This may be a SEMI blessing in disguise for the Patriots. I was never comfortable with this overwhelming belief the Patriots were going to win the SB this year. It appears this whole fiasco has lit a serious fire under them. We walloped the Jets and just walloped the Chargers. No team stays hungry every game, every week. Some added motivation may just muster the extra effort to get a little more effort during the grind of the season. Now if the NFL will stop perpetuating the "cheating" story, maybe we'll get a fair shake in the playoffs.

There are 32 teams all looking for a competitive edge, sure there are transgressions amongst all 32.. the NFL needs to cease a specific witch hunt and take a wider view.. there have been so many other issues with so many teams it looks somewhat like discrimination to me.. it is time to move on, BB has gotten beat up enough.

Eddie George accused the Raiders of putting mics in their recievers helmets this week too. If this is a bombshell, he's running out of gas.
From PFT:

On FSN's Pro Football Preview, former Raiders receiver Tim Brown said that, when the Raiders were preparing to play the Patriots in the 2002 regular season, the team received an audio tape that apparently was made during the epic 2001 divisional playoff game between the two teams.

"You can hear Rich Gannon making audibles," Brown said, "telling Tyrone Wheatley and everybody to shift around. It was like he was talking in a microphone."

This allegation meshes with rumors that one of the Pats' tactics is to put microphones on defensive linemen for the purposes of capturing audibles and offensive line calls.

The Raiders, by the way, won the game, 27-20.

In response to Brown's assertion, former Titans running back Eddie George suggested that the Raiders receivers had radio receivers in their helmets during a 2003 game against Tennessee, because the receivers never went back to the huddle.

"I'm saying that you guys cheated," George said to Brown. "You had receivers in your helmets. What goes around comes around. . . . And that's why you don't have a ring today."

The alleged cheating also didn't work, because the Titans won the game 25-20.

Ouch, lol.

Last edited:
In response to Brown's assertion, former Titans running back Eddie George suggested that the Raiders receivers had radio receivers in their helmets during a 2003 game against Tennessee, because the receivers never went back to the huddle.

"I'm saying that you guys cheated," George said to Brown. "You had receivers in your helmets. What goes around comes around. . . . And that's why you don't have a ring today."

Ouch indeed!

eye.jpg

After telling him I wouldn't be visiting his site anymore due to the way he's covered "camera-gate". He responded by telling me that there will be a "bombshell" dropped about how the Patriots beat the Rams in Superbowl 36, FWIW. Which is roughly nothing.

I'm sure that he's been bombarded by lots of idiotic emails from Pat's fans, and this is just a joke that he's perpetrating as revenge.

R

Look everyone is piling on and any rumor every thrown out there by a losing coach is now being attributed to us. Get used to it, its going to happen forever.
"Fraid so. The "tuck call" lingered for years, and you know it will be brought up every time the Pats play the Raiders.

This will die out except for Jets fans (who cares?) and some media. The media, remember, rarely got the tuck rule right, often calling it "a never before called rule."

The NFL moniters (as everyone saw last night) every radio frequency in an NFL game, so unless you think that the Patriots were actually attaching tape recorders to defensive lineman (yeah, I think their is a large box on Seymour's back) this didn't happen either.

Those giant sideline microphones, the giant 3 foot round clear plastic things you see on the sidelines of everygame, can pick up the QB's calls, and with a little careful editing, you can get rid of the crowd noise (which is what Saban bought last year), but either way, it is not illegal, because it is part of the broadcast.

BB is paying the price for not cowtailing to the media, plain and simple. These media scumbags are trying to discredit him at every term, they are now just throwing everything they can think or dream up of at him. Ask yourself this question, if Tony Dungy, or a media whore like, Gruden, or somebody like that got caught, do you really think we would have heard half as much?

After telling him I wouldn't be visiting his site anymore due to the way he's covered "camera-gate". He responded by telling me that there will be a "bombshell" dropped about how the Patriots beat the Rams in Superbowl 36, FWIW. Which is roughly nothing.

LOL. What I remember about that game is the Rams defense dominating the Pats throughout most of the game, certainly the entire second half. If the Pats cheated in that game, they didn't do a very good job of it. I dont read that site because its a joke, not because of this crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore