PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just for fun, who is our worst starter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah...I think you're right...after six seasons of playoffs and three Super Bowls, what I saw in the 2nd half today definitely made me see the light about Brady. He's completely lost it and I don't see how we'll ever score another offensive touchdown.

I'd like to see some stats on which CB's are thrown on the highest percentage of the time. Hobbs is constantly getting picked on because teams are afraid to throw to Samuel's side. I think its not that he is bad its just that when you are on the spot that much there are bound to be mistakes and they get magnified.

I don't get the Hobbs criticisms. He's gotten thrown on, sure, but he's a solid starting #2 CB in my book. Considering that Asante seems to get a lot fewer passes his way Hobbs is tested more often and I think he does a better job than Kazcur or Bruschi at their respective positions at this point.

It seems just about every game I watch, when a team scores a TD through the air I find out that Hobbs was the man that got burned.

It seems just about every game I watch, when a team scores a TD through the air I find out that Hobbs was the man that got burned.

My feeling is that this ^^^ is because of this vvvv

I'd like to see some stats on which CB's are thrown on the highest percentage of the time. Hobbs is constantly getting picked on because teams are afraid to throw to Samuel's side. I think its not that he is bad its just that when you are on the spot that much there are bound to be mistakes and they get magnified.

Hobbs is not the better corner between himself and Samuels so he is going to get picked on more often but he still does a damn good job in my book.

well, seeing as how Brady is now done, I think all 22 starters will now become our worst starter. It's too bad, I had such high hopes for this 15-0 team but the facts are overwhelming.

It's between Kaczur and Bruschi for me. Hobbs isn't close to these two. I'm not sure Bruschi starts for any other team in the League. His only success in our defense now is attributable to his familiarity with it and his preparation. Kaczur could probably start for 10 - 12 teams at RT.

Kaczur or Hobbs. DEFINITELY.

I can't believe anyone is even questioning it's Kaczur. I was at the game and watched Kaczur get owned by Joey Porter play after play after play. It's not just sacks, he gave up a ton of hurries today too. He doesn't use his size and strength to his advantage at all. Ever since he came in starting as a rookie I didn't think he was the answer at tackle, and I don't see how anyone could think that now.

No doubt it's Mariah Carey. Average singing and waving that green flag was pathetic.

EASILY Nick Kaczur. He is a freaking turnstile.

Light looks pretty bad sometimes as well, mostly against speed rushers...but Kaczur looks downright stupid...

aggreed, but Ben Watson is not to far behind..

Kazcur can't handle the speed rushers, but he hasn't been AWFUL this season, he has been solid, Light got exposed by Taylor, but that doesn't reflect the way he has played the majority of the season. Hobbs gets burned a lot, but we don't really have any other options. Everyone else is "decent" ;)

Just like any team, any business, any time you put more than one person into an effort to accomplish something, each day or game or sale or effort brings out the best talents for the conditions presented.

Just in this thread, writers have mentioned many different excellent starters, but is that because of the last game? How useful was Moss or Welker or Hobbs or Samuels in the snow in Foxboro last week. How about this week?

We were sure glad to have Faulk and Mulroney and Seau last week, and with the exception of Mulroney, how did the ground game work for us yesterday? Right - not even used to speak of!

The fact of the matter is that we need all our starters - every one. If they screw up, BB will pull them before their ineptitude becomes apparent to us lowly fans. His standard are high but no unforgiving for occasional bad day.:rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back