PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jordan Love...Thoughts For a Brit Who Doesn't get College Football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brit patriot

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I hear the name linked with us as a first rounder, but as we don't get college football over here I am clueless about draft picks until pre-season, then I can make a call.

Is he good...would you take him? Does he project better than Stidham in your opinion?

All opinions welcome

Last edited:
If you like Jordan Love, you see comparisons between Love and Patrick Mahomes. Love has a tremendous arm - he can make throws that most other QBs can't. And he was very good in 2018 when he threw 32 TDs against just 6 INTs.

But he's a risk. Last year, he threw just 20 TDs against 17 INTs while playing against relatively weak competition. His Yards/Attempt dropped, his completion percentage dropped, and if you watch the highlights, there are a number of plays where he fails to see opposing defenders, fails to see open receivers, makes lazy throws, or simply throws the ball up for grabs. If he can eliminate those plays, he can be pretty good.

Personally, if you've already got a young QB that you like, I'm not sure Love would be worth the gamble.

A little bit of both the good and bad for Jordan Love:

Ta for the thoughts so far lads

I assume you are in the uk like myself and college football is shown on BT television under ESPN but you have to pay for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents