PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jonathan Wade - CB ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zarakotas5

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
With all the CB debate, his name rarely (relatively) surfaces. Considering that the other top CBs are prolly gone by 24/28, etc...

What the scoup? I've never seen him play :rolleyes: so I ask. In our interactive mock, I was considering him as a CB answer for the Saints based solely on reports I read.

I gather: Physically, everything you want. Was a WR, very fast, quick, teachable. As a CB, was a little raw but amongst the best purely on talent.

Ramble, ramble, ramble, anybody know?

With all the CB debate, his name rarely (relatively) surfaces. Considering that the other top CBs are prolly gone by 24/28, etc...

What the scoup? I've never seen him play :rolleyes: so I ask. In our interactive mock, I was considering him as a CB answer for the Saints based solely on reports I read.

I gather: Physically, everything you want. Was a WR, very fast, quick, teachable. As a CB, was a little raw but amongst the best purely on talent.

Ramble, ramble, ramble, anybody know?
He looked very smooth in CB drills at the Combine, really surprised me for a guy coming in with people mumbling "track star" under their breath about him. The write-ups report this past year he moved away from the track star stereotype, showing solid improvement as a CB. The big knock on him now, besides still be raw material, was supposedly run support. But this kid also had 6 tackles for loss from CB, a lot of safeties and linebackers don't get that many in a season. If Asante gets re-signed, or at least doesn't get too crazy in his trade demands, and Blue comes back and signs his tender, then this kid is a very tempting target to develop as the 5th CB behind Chad Scott. Josh Wilson is the guy I target after Revis and Hall because I see him as more NFL ready, but Wade may have more upside.

Right now I don't know where the Pats see Willie Andrews and Antwain Spann as far as their development at CB. There is also that Jackson kid signed from Miami, and the Williams kid brought back for a brief Practice Squad stint before injury. I think Wade gives them all a run for their money at CB, and at Gunner. He looked raw, but talented in the Senior Bowl, you have to like his speed. If there is an early run on CBs this kid is a good risk.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand