PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jonathan "Moneybags" Kraft gets into fight with Jerry Jones over social media clips

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I get that, but it seems a stretch and marginal at best. Bunch of greedy a-holes. Seeing someone incur a season ending injury in seemingly almost every game for the monetary benefit of these jerks is killing the game for me.

I'm not in the TV/ad/cable space but I do know about the cloud/telco space and that industry is a major consolidation mode and looking to add value and platforms so it can be the starting point for all content being delivered everywhere.

Keep in mind Twitter can easily be acquired by NBC, ATT, Comcast, Microsoft, Amazon, Google etc as it is a distro channel for content. Look at Skype being acquired by Microsoft. Nadella is ramping up his cloud/content strategy. Its crazy.

After thinking it though, I think that is what has Jonathan wigged out. He sees where the consolidation is occurring. Just look at ATT buying Time Warner for $80b.

Last edited:
J. Kraft is on the wrong side, though. If you want to boost ratings let people share gifs and clips via social media. Get people excited about their team and players. Putting unnecessary restrictions on this kind of thing is so behind the times that it borders on the insane.

I think it all stems around the anti-trust that they have as a league, where all revenue generated is split among all 32 clubs. What Jerry Jones is fighting for is to basically be able to monetize his own social media presence to the Cowboys benefit and not the NFL

Smaller market teams can't compete against markets like the Cowboys, Patriots, Steelers, Packers, etc have

I'm just curious why the owners don't convene to discuss leaks to the press such as this one... and well, you know what other situations.

Besides being curious about who leaked this information, I am even more curious why they would choose to feed it to Jason La Canfora of all people.

I thought for sure when I saw the headline that the sides would have been different, with J. Kraft taking the side of a lenient social media policy of allowing teams to post their own clips/gifs. However, the opposite was true, with Kraft being part of the evil NFL empire looking to squeeze every penny out of its "customers" by refusing to release any footage if fans are unwilling to cough it up. I'm sure as a business move, J. Kraft is on the right side here, but it's just yet another episode of a dysfunctional group of greedy owners who bicker about everything and the idea that the NFL views its customers at ATM machines. The fact this got leaked to the press goes to show just how much the threads are coming out of the seams at Park Ave.

Report: Jonathan Kraft, Jerry Jones get into disagreement at owners meeting over NFL social media policy

I think you're confusing things. Neither Kraft or Jones is on the side of releasing footage for free for fans. They're fighting over who controls the money pile. And in that context, there's no surprise that Kraft wants to pool it for all while Jones wants to keep his slice of pie to himself.

I think it all stems around the anti-trust that they have as a league, where all revenue generated is split among all 32 clubs. What Jerry Jones is fighting for is to basically be able to monetize his own social media presence to the Cowboys benefit and not the NFL

Smaller market teams can't compete against markets like the Cowboys, Patriots, Steelers, Packers, etc have
Agreed. Along with the other reasons I mentioned what you said is exactly that. He wants the ability to market specifically to existing and potentially new Cowboys fans.

I'm just curious why the owners don't convene to discuss leaks to the press such as this one... and well, you know what other situations.

Besides being curious about who leaked this information, I am even more curious why they would choose to feed it to Jason La Canfora of all people.
I'm willing to bet one of Goody's henchmen leaked it. Why I haven't a clue. Maybe to paint Jonathan in a bad light? Storming out of a meeting is amateur-ish. I think Jonathan is more professional than that. He's not Tommy Boy....

Just strange...

I'm willing to bet one of Goody's henchmen leaked it. Why I haven't a clue. Maybe to paint Jonathan in a bad light? Storming out of a meeting is amateur-ish. I think Jonathan is more professional than that. He's not Tommy Boy....

Just strange...

Strange indeed..

"It is being reported" based on hearsay information(sources), so I will temper responses until there are more definite information..

Storming out of a meeting?? The Hannable article takes some liberties on the hearsay allegations of LaCanfora...

Kraft actually got up and left the meeting room at one point, sources said.

Strange indeed..

"It is being reported" based on hearsay information(sources), so I will temper responses until there are more definite information..

Storming out of a meeting?? The Hannable article takes some liberties on the hearsay allegations of LaCanfora...

My god...

Well, it's either he politely excused himself to take an important phone call or he stormed out ala Moe Greene in The Godfather. I've heard a few different versions now.

These reporters are worse than a high school drama club.

My god...

Well, it's either he politely excused himself to take an important phone call or he stormed out ala Moe Greene in The Godfather. I've heard a few different versions now.

These reporters are worse than a high school drama club.

Not disputing it did or did not happen, however the overall news reporting has taken a terrific nose dive recently, many assumptions based on second hand info..

Kraft actual got up and left the meeting at one point.. what does that really mean??

Not disputing it did or did not happen, however the overall news reporting has taken a terrific nose dive recently, many assumptions based on second hand info..

Kraft actual got up and left the meeting at one point.. what does that really mean??

For all we know he had lunch at Chipolte.:p

Any more than and he was definitely doing something illegal.

Exactly. and if it had anything to do with balls I don't want to know about it.

That can't be it. Who the hell would eat at Chipotle now?

Looks like Goodell has taken over their marketing. That explains everything.

Chipotle — Food with Integrity

I was in LA 2 weeks ago and got lunch at a Panera Bread and the Chipolte next door was PACKED. Parents bringing their kids in, etc. I was horrified.

Looks like Goodell has taken over their marketing. That explains everything.

Chipotle — Food with Integrity

I was in LA 2 weeks ago and got lunch at a Panera Bread and the Chipolte next door was PACKED. Parents bringing their kids in, etc. I was horrified.

Yeah, the chain that was all about local food and processing is now doing a whole bunch of its stuff at megacenters. It's getting more and more difficult to distinguish it from Taco Bell, at least until you look at the prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back