PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JoJo LaFell

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the reason why I wouldn't want to see him on the field as a starter. The shying away from contact thing is nothing new. He did it at Marshall as well. I don't want a guy on the field full time that's going to alligator arm it when he hears the safety coming down on him. As depth? Cool. As a starter? Nope. Give me LaFell all day, every day... and twice on Sundays.
Oh, I didn't know we were talking about full-time. I'm certainly not suggesting that. That I can agree with in relation to Dobson. I'm just suggesting that they not dump the kid on the bench in case there is some injury. He needs to get in some games and make some things happen. Only then will he stop juggling catches and being afraid of hits, though the latter is something that is presumably harder to eliminate. The team might as well throw him out there if he is going to occupy a roster spot. I mean Jonas Gray, who has been far more productive than Dobson (albeit differently), just got cut. I think more people predicted Dobson. In fact, I don't remember reading that anyone though Gray would not be on the final 53. I don't even think Reiss predicted it and he's done four of them now. LOL

IMO they have enough receiving talent, they should try to trade Dobson to someone like Cleveland for a 3rd. I still believe Dobson can be good but I also think New England has too many good receivers to wait around for him right now.

A third is very optimistic. A sixth or seventh would be all they can get.

Definitely not, but some people such as myself think that he could potentially have a higher ceiling. His skill set is intriguing.

I used to believe that. But everytime I watch Dobson play I think his ceiling lowers. If he could fix his catching issues he'd really catch on, but we're moving onto year 3 and he still can't cleanly catch a ball.

It's troubling. He may not be fixable.

honest question. Is there anyone saying Dobson should be ahead of LaFell?
Nope. Never said there was. It's an opinion. I signed up for this message board to share it.

He just tweeted 10/25..confused

Os, it appears you were right. They are now reporting that LaFell has been placed on PUP. No LaFell until week 7.

Jody Breeze ‏@Blafell1 1m1 minute ago
9/10
1f60e.png
1f60e.png
1f60e.png
1f60e.png
1f60e.png

27 retweets46 favorites

Hahaha I think Lafell is trolling.

I used to believe that. But everytime I watch Dobson play I think his ceiling lowers. If he could fix his catching issues he'd really catch on, but we're moving onto year 3 and he still can't cleanly catch a ball.

Hes the Steve Sax and Chuck Knoblauch of the NFL.

I said the SAME thing earlier when the radio host was talking about how juggling the ball is still a problem. It's baffling for a guy who was talked about as having some of the best hands in the draft. I think they said that he did not drop a single pass in his final season at Marshall. It's baffling.

It stinks that LaFell is going to PUP but the team needs him in Nov, Dec, Jan and Feb healthy. Thats when it really matters.

LaFell pulled an 04 Curt Schilling IMO. This offseason he had foot and shoulder surgery and gutted it out down the stretch run and they won a SB. Sometimes the body just needs more time to heal after beating the crap out of yourself and pushing it to its limits.

I kinda blame BB here. He hurt his foot vs the Bills in Week 17. He should have sat up with the bad shoulder

I said the SAME thing earlier when the radio host was talking about how juggling the ball is still a problem. It's baffling for a guy who was talked about as having some of the best hands in the draft. I think they said that he did not drop a single pass in his final season at Marshall. It's baffling.
That was internet patter. Never true.

Rather have him healthy for the playoff run we will go on!

I'm positive he doesn't net a third.

Oh, FFS, people here overrate potential draft pick compensation so much it's not even funny.

The truth is that we most likely would've outright cut Dobson, had that been their decision (or maybe even if one of Gibson/Wayne had worked out).

If anything, they may have been able to get a low round 6th or 7th with a conditional attachment.

Edit: sorry Ross. Didn't see that it was you who made that suggestion.

Last edited:
I don't like that **** either, but the writing on the wall was in bold, block lettering for a couple of different reasons.

At least we have the silver lining of an early bye week, so he has the chance to only miss 5 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand