PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

John Fox is out in Denver

Now you're just moving goalposts.

Your kidding me right? Willie Mac, Ty i fought the law and the law won, Lawyer Milloy, Bruschi, also Seymour was very good as a rookie was he not?

Your kidding me right? Willie Mac, Ty i fought the law and the law won, Lawyer Milloy, Bruschi, also Seymour was very good as a rookie was he not?

This is what you wrote:

I'm sort of iffy with this because the Broncos went with a way of building a team that does not work. You do not win by bringing in free agent after free agent.

That's exactly what Belichick did when he took over.

This is what you wrote:

That's exactly what Belichick did when he took over.

Everyone brings in free agents, but thats not how you build the nucleus of a team. You plug in the holes with free agents

Can't really agree with those bashing Elway's "win now" approach.

Elway's only mistake was not trading for Rodgers or Brady. He had a once in a generation talent at QB who was sharply declining and thought the window had one more year.

He was a little off.

His idea though was pretty spot on. He loaded up what he probably figured would be Manning's (and the Bronco's he led) last legitimate chance at an SB for quite some time. It just wasn't enough. Can't argue with the idea.

It is a bad plan for New England because Tom Brady isn't showing many, if any, signs of being hit by father time yet while Manning (+ injuries) has been showing them since he returned to the NFL in 2012.

New England can afford to build a roster for future seasons because Brady should still be around and performing at a similar level.

Elway knew that wasn't the case with Manning. He had to go all in because barring a very lucky QB selection they'll be rebuilding no matter what. Win now or nothing.

This wasn't Elway's fault. Silly to think so, IMO.

Now, with the entire staff likely gone, Manning probably is too, either to retirement or he'll ask for (and respectfully so be given) his release.

Think John Fox being gone could have a huge impact on Manning.

Elway built the whole entire offense on Manning's shoulders that he forgot about the defense and offensive line.

He and Manning are best buds keep in mind that.

Can't really agree with those bashing Elway's "win now" approach.

Elway's only mistake was not trading for Rodgers or Brady. He had a once in a generation talent at QB who was sharply declining and thought the window had one more year.

He was a little off.

His idea though was pretty spot on. He loaded up what he probably figured would be Manning's (and the Bronco's he led) last legitimate chance at an SB for quite some time. It just wasn't enough. Can't argue with the idea.

It is a bad plan for New England because Tom Brady isn't showing many, if any, signs of being hit by father time yet while Manning (+ injuries) has been showing them since he returned to the NFL in 2012.

New England can afford to build a roster for future seasons because Brady should still be around and performing at a similar level.

Elway knew that wasn't the case with Manning. He had to go all in because barring a very lucky QB selection they'll be rebuilding no matter what. Win now or nothing.

This wasn't Elway's fault. Silly to think so, IMO.

Now, with the entire staff likely gone, Manning probably is too, either to retirement or he'll ask for (and respectfully so be given) his release.
Signing Welker and losing Dumerville.

Signing Welker and losing Dumerville.

The Dumerville thing is supposedly on the agent, not Elway.

As for Welker, they stole a reliable player, and one of this generations best receivers away from his biggest rival. How was that a mistake, at the time? Welker declined at a faster rate than Manning did, that wasn't to be expected.

Let's not forget that Welker gave them 10 TDs without playing a full season, either. I don't think anyone expected us to replace Welker as easily as we did.

Elway went out and signed as many great players as he could for one last run. He just didn't predict Manning to fall off of the map as quickly as he did.

Denver is rebuilding with or without winning the SB this season, Elway tried to give them the best shot he could to win it right now, as it was the last shot they'd have. That should have been pretty clear to everyone.

That coach did not deserve to lose his job. If anyone does it is the GM and the players. They are the ones who brought these players in and they didn't live up.

Not preparing the team for a loud stadium at the Super Bowl is on him. As a coach, it is your job to prepare the team for any situation. And to not think the SB would be loud is insane.

And to allow Manning to continue to pass at 1 or a few yards from the goal line without even attempting to run, which he did constantly, is on him as well. All so Manning can pad his stats.

Fox deserves the boot.

@AdamSchefter: John Fox declined HC interview with Jets, per NFL source. Hard to imagine turning down one HC chance unless there's real chance for another.

"Hey John, it's Woody. John...hello?"

This also means the Jets have made little to no progress in a search that began over two weeks ago.

Everyone brings in free agents, but thats not how you build the nucleus of a team. You plug in the holes with free agents

Why does it matter? Contributors come from all sources. Patrick Chung is both a draft pick and a free agent pick up. In the words of Scott Pioli, “We're building a team, not collecting talent.”

Elway needs to save face.
What better way to show your fan base you are serious about winning then hire the man who was responsible for your romping In the Superbowl.
The Hawks defense is sexy and popular.
Elway fired his whole staff he can't fire the staff then get stuck with a third rate coach.
Is Elway wants Quinn he will write a blank check to save his own job to get him.

So you believe Elway is going to fire Elway?

@AdamSchefter: John Fox declined HC interview with Jets, per NFL source. Hard to imagine turning down one HC chance unless there's real chance for another.

"Hey John, it's Woody. John...hello?"

Unless you are calling it a career, which Fox may well be doing.

What's funny about it is that Manning's epic collapse is exactly the reason you WOULD go all in. You want to get the ring before that happens. So Shmessy is essentially mocking something that's proven to be the smart strategy, used a year too late.

It makes Shmessy look worse every time he posts it.

Lmfao

This coming from the guy who said this years Patriots were the culmination of all of Belichicks terrible decisions and labeled Collins a bad pick, and hid out when that topic was revisited recently.

The King of Wrong simply would not come our of hiding to take any responsibility at all. Very Borgesian of you.

Sucks for Denver they missed out on Harbaugh. I think he'd want more control but he would do some very good things with that roster. Not sure who Denver would want. No big names really left.

I'm thinking Papa John gets his first coaching gig.

Now that Fox is out, Del Rio and Gase interviewing elsewhere, Manning on the brink of retirement, and with 16 free agents…. I wonder how many of those FAs would want to stick around…. More importantly, I wonder how many would get down on their knees, practically bagging to join the Pats…. :)

P.S.
I wonder how Talib feels right about now for leaving the Pats for that 'Championship team'...

Now that Fox is out, Del Rio and Gase interviewing elsewhere, Manning on the brink of retirement, and with 16 free agents…. I wonder how many of those FAs would want to stick around…. More importantly, I wonder how many would get down on their knees, practically bagging to join the Pats…. :)
I would think that the chance of getting "home town discounts" has been diminished.

I would think that the chance of getting "home town discounts" has been diminished.

On the topic of hometown discount.... I'm sitting here, practically licking my chops waiting to see what kind of hometown discount Demaryius Thomas will be taking after he opened his mouth last month, saying he is willing to do just that.... LOL

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back