PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

John Clayton: "Peyton is in BB's head"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, Salisbury owned Clayton.

They both give me the creeps. Salisbury, in particular, is a jackass, although he has always given props to the Pats.

I just stopped listening to all those shows in the past couple years. I don't watch pre-game, post-game, Total Access, the HBO show, NFL Live, etc. I even let go of the highlight show with Chris Berman. I only read journalists if someone cuts and pastes something in here. I almost never click a link. I just can't listen to any more of their drivel. If the Patriots were still the lovable losers they once were, I'd probably still be listening to these guys. This Dynasty has set me free!

The collective intelligence of this group is far more entertaining and knowledgable than talking heads.

I'm with you on this one.I don't watch any of that BS either.Those shows are really useless IMO.

The only reason I tuen into the pre game is to get to the Direct TV guide to push record on the DVR/Tivo for the game....Then I walk out of the room and do more productive and important things like pick out my belly button lint until game time.

That's a marvelous exercise! Have you ever meditated while doing it?

John Clayton has been calling for the Patriots demise all season. He is trying to be the first to break a story and recieve accolades from his fellow football comrades, whom he secretly is dying for thier acceptance. Since Clayton isn't big enough to be a ball boy, how he got here has always baffled me.

And the way they call him "the professor."

I'd like to know what university he was a professor at so when I'm looking at colleges I'll be sure to avoid it.

I've seen his diploma of PhD in Turdiology... ;)

It sounded like the dweeb was trying to put the pressure on the road team.

He also just said on NFL Live, "The Pats are playing with house money right now, but it may have ran out." I don't know what that means. Something to do with Poker maybe? It sounds like disrespect. :rocker:

Clayton is a clown. He means the Pats are winning with luck and its about to end.

LMAO. Two games and hes in Bills head? What a dork this guy is. Another Patriots hater.

LOL exactly. TWO games. They own us.

On Sunday morning's Sports Center he said that Philip Rivers would take his first step to being the next Joe Montana.

Riiiiiiight.

On Sunday morning's Sports Center he said that Philip Rivers would take his first step to being the next Joe Montana.

Riiiiiiight.

Did he really say that? Even that one seems beyond him.

Riiiiiiight.

:rofl: Did Joe Montana ever fall to the ground, pretending to get pushed down?:cool:

So much air time to fill, so little talent to fill it.

When he gives straight up info it's bearable, sort of, but when he tries to give opinion and analysis is when it becomes vomit enducing.

Last edited:
I just stopped listening to all those shows in the past couple years. I don't watch pre-game, post-game, Total Access, the HBO show, NFL Live, etc. I even let go of the highlight show with Chris Berman. I only read journalists if someone cuts and pastes something in here. I almost never click a link. I just can't listen to any more of their drivel. If the Patriots were still the lovable losers they once were, I'd probably still be listening to these guys. This Dynasty has set me free!

The collective intelligence of this group is far more entertaining and knowledgable than talking heads.

Exactly! I went from watching every possible show and reading every possible source down to Reiss and Patsfans. I am better off for it. If a really good article comes out, people here post it. And if somebody in the media says something relevant (or especially ass-clownish), somebody here lets you know.

I don't currently live in New England, or I'd listen to some local radio. But that's all I miss.

John Clayton is a little turd. He is such a tiny little dweeb who cannot get a frieking shirt to fit his pencil neck appropriately, has acne at his age and the comb over is abysmal. The guy knows nothing except factual information and adds nothing to ESPN. Have no idea why he is even on the network...maybe to be Peyton's ballwasher as that is what he basically does. Every year he picks the Colts...eventually, eventually he may hit it...

They said the same thing about Mangina. If the Colts win it'll be because their players out execute our players, not because of any player or coach being in Bill's head. Gosh, this stuff gets so old.

Yeah ... I agree ... and add the One team is hungrier to win than the other team line. Outguessing, Confusing, better game plan all sounds good but it's execution in the end ... has been and always will be.

LOL..you guys really dont like clayton. All the so called "sports casters" get paid for there meager opinions. The players never feed into it..unless there gullable. 2 great squads are gonna go at it..there studying x's and o's right now. They dont have time to watch that garbage.

I think the advent of ESPN Insider has hurt intelligent sportswriting on the the ESPN site. Clayton is a perfect example. They have to have some "special" content to justify people paying for the Insider subscription and the end result is they have to write more columns about the same amount of events/stories which dilutes the product on all counts.

That said, Clayton saying something about Manning being in Belichick's head is absurd. The truth is more that Clayton is in Manning's pants. Not a bad trick though to be talking on TV while teabagging Manning at the same time and still be understood.

I think the advent of ESPN Insider has hurt intelligent sportswriting on the the ESPN site. Clayton is a perfect example. They have to have some "special" content to justify people paying for the Insider subscription and the end result is they have to write more columns about the same amount of events/stories which dilutes the product on all counts.

That said, Clayton saying something about Manning being in Belichick's head is absurd. The truth is more that Clayton is in Manning's pants. Not a bad trick though to be talking on TV while teabagging Manning at the same time and still be understood.

:rofl: You beat me to the punch.

The only information Clayton can be relied upon for is cap info, and he gets that spoon fed to him. He's an "insider" by virtue of being a ballwasher. I guarantee you Polian has him on speed dial

Most of the ESPN talking heads have become irrelevant because of the rise of the NEP and NFLN - one won't talk to them and the other is now on the football beat 24/7.

Hes so stupid. What do they call these idiots, experts? Man you've gotta be kidding me. This guy is so biased against the Patriots is unfair to allow him to write a column about the Patriots. :mad:

Last edited:
"Peyton is in BB's head" Of all the nonsense I've read or heard on sportstalk radio,newspaper,internet this has got to be the most ridiculous load of crap in year's.

Salisbury and all the other football players on that set must just get a real kick out of Clayton. Here comes this nerdy looking professor who has never played a game of football in his life trying to talk the talk with guys that have been there,done that.

Clayton has been pretty much shut out of alot of teams lockers because he keeps trying to sniff players jockstraps. Hence he hasn't had a good prediction or story in quite some time.

IN BB's Head? OMG that really PO's me that someone this stupid has been allowed to live on this Earth. Where have you been Clayton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft