PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy G is 1-0 as a starter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade him for JJ Watt.

Well, the real question is will we suck after BB? With him, we know we will be competitive. When he leaves, well... hopefully Matt Patricia is still around and ready to take the job.

Let's not worry about that today though, let's enjoy this huge win.

I expect that BB will have groomed Stephen to take over by then. :p

Since when is Brady unable to scramble or go deep?

I'm not trying to insult the great one, but I have seen Brady literally refuse to run on numerous occasions. Of course Brady can throw deep but he clearly would prefer not to. He only does so if there is a clear advantage like a rb on a lb or to Gronk. For example, the deep throw to Dola that drew the pi is a pass that Brady most likely wouldn't have attempted. Brady is the best, but his game revolves around dinking and dunking while Jimmy is more of a gunslinger in the Drew Brees mold.

I'm not trying to insult the great one, but I have seen Brady literally refuse to run on numerous occasions. Of course Brady can throw deep but he clearly would prefer not to. He only does so if there is a clear advantage like a rb on a lb or to Gronk. For example, the deep throw to Dola that drew the pi is a pass that Brady most likely wouldn't have attempted. Brady is the best, but his game revolves around dinking and dunking while Jimmy is more of a gunslinger in the Drew Brees mold.
Oh I get it, you're joking! Good one, haha.

I want Brady to get number five but we got a QB of the future with Jimmy so I hope Brady wins it this year and we trade him afterward for some good picks and a solid future for us. nothing personal, just business. The 49ers could use him and Brady would end up at home.

Sample size is WAY too small to think along those lines. Don't forget all the QBs who looked like the next sure thing, right up until they didn't: Mark "Sanchize", Robert Griffin, etc, etc, etc....

Let's see if JG can keep this up. Teams will have better game plans to stop him with more game tapes. It's what is between his ears that would help him counter future game plans. I hope he has it because he performed as good as any QB I've seen on a very good day.

This has been a great week for relief QBs
  1. Garappolo wins :)
  2. Hill wins for the Vikings
  3. Wentz wins for the Eagles
  4. Siemien wins for the Broncos
  5. Prescott loses for the Cows - who over here wants him now? :p

Kid looked great. No Gronk, missing both of our starting tackles on the road against a badass team, overcame 2 fumbles and some rough odds on that go-ahead drive.

So happy.

Speaking of go-ahead drive, this win counts as both a GWD and a 4QC for Garoppolo, does it not?

I want Brady to get number five but we got a QB of the future with Jimmy so I hope Brady wins it this year and we trade him afterward for some good picks and a solid future for us. nothing personal, just business. The 49ers could use him and Brady would end up at home.

Swap one word and this post is identical to what a lot of people were writing about Cassel/Brady in 2008.

I like what Jimmy did tonight. I think he has a future as an NFL starter. Brady's still our QB, barring a major injury.

Swap one word and this post is identical to what a lot of people were writing about Cassel/Brady in 2008.

I like what Jimmy did tonight. I think he has a future as an NFL starter. Brady's still our QB, barring a major injury.
Exactly, Jimmy is the one that's going to be auctioned off to the highest bidder next year.

looked great. but what happens if he keeps it up? take the boatload of value he builds? pay the man money to sit a while? Aaron Rodgers sat for a while didnt he?

He did, but Brady wants to play until he is 45. I have a suspicion that Jimmy doesn't want to wait until he is 30, to have a consistent NFL gig. :)

One really interesting - and telling - stat for Jimmy G: 8 completions, 107 yards, 7 first downs on 10 third downs. That's pretty good. And shows he can handle pressure.

Man, I wish the timing in all of this was better. It could have been perfect with Jimmy taking over just as Brady would retire. Oh well, at least this time the 'trade our backup qb for a 1st' seems to be justified. And maybe even too cheap...

He did, but Brady wants to play until he is 45. I have a suspicion that Jimmy doesn't want to wait until he is 30, to have a consistent NFL gig. :)

. . . Wouldn't that just means he has a 15 year career in front of him? :p

I disagreed with your post. Nothing personal, just business.

One really interesting - and telling - stat for Jimmy G: 8 completions, 107 yards, 7 first downs on 10 third downs. That's pretty good. And shows he can handle pressure.

Man, I wish the timing in all of this was better. It could have been perfect with Jimmy taking over just as Brady would retire. Oh well, at least this time the 'trade our backup qb for a 1st' seems to be justified. And maybe even too cheap...

Its only been one game. Lets see how he does over the next 3 before we start lamenting on what it means to have a graceful transition away from TB12.

I also wanted to mention the sheer elation on Garoppolo's face at points in the game. He was just SO happy to finally be playing football. Despite the BS reason that he's playing at all, I'm happy for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe