PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jim Kelly or Tom Brady?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who cares? Of course Brady is better than Kelly. That being said Kelly is arguably the best QB to never win it all and a worthy HOFer.

Even staying pretty modern, I can't really see that argument holding water

Fouts
Marino
Tarkenton
Moon
Anderson

I think that the top 3, at the very least, are clearly above Kelly in that argument.

I'd have to say that Dan Marino is my choice for the best QB never to win a SB, but that opinion will differ person to person. I saw some of Fouts and Anderson at the end, and obviously Moon too, but for me, it's hard to top Marino.

Kelly was a great QB, and it's very impressive to take a team to the SB 4 yrs in a row, but I'm not really feeling the comparison to Tom Brady. Personally, I wouldn't have ever thought of them together in any form.

I was just watching the throwback thursday 2 hour docu on the 90's bills on NYJFL* Network.

I almost felt sorry for them until I remember what that douche Jim Kelly said

Jim Kelly is a loser. f*ck the bills.

On another note, interesting how the bills were gassed by the end of the half in their 4th superbowl despite leading because of how deep they went into the playoffs year after year.

I think it's a testament to BB how he keeps his team in shape despite going deep into the playoffs year after year.

Reading that thread one comment I saw over and over again really bugged me. "Brady is a whimp he could never take the pounding Kelly did" or variations there of. You ask any of his team mates or guys that have you know actually hit Tom they all rave about what a tough SOB he is. With the exception of a season ending ACL injury he has never missed a game. It is criminal how under rated his toughness is and I think he would have done just fine in the 90's. Playing in his 40's probably not but still a HOF worthy career IMO not "out injured by the first game".

For the few morons who, rightful so got called out as total homers, said Kelly was better I submit the first Super Bowl as evidence that Kelly was not smart enough, disciplined enough, watched enough film to survive in today's game. Offenses have gotten crazy complex and timing routes are everything now. Kelly didn't see the game within the game like Brady does nor is he as selfless. Give Brady that same team against the giants and I bet Thomas gets the ball 60 times and Scott Norwood is not a curse word in Buffalo.

That's all the Bills have had to look forward to. Comparing previous losers with current winners in a pity party..

Meanwhile at Foxboro..

tumblr_m40yl0L8A01qbk9s5o2_500.jpg

Kelly: terrific QB and first-class douchenozzle.

How do so many idiots still argue that Brady isn't tough? The guys who have beat him up the most say he's the toughest QB they've ever faced. He's played full seasons with injuries and never said a word. God, that ****'s annoying.

Like I've said, anyone who argues another QB over Brady at this point is beyond rational thinking. Arguing that they'd rather have a guy with zero rings is flat-out lunacy.

The poster named Kelly the dog is an idiot. Folz is even worse.
At least Folz had somewhat acceptable grammar and spelling. Kelly the Dog went full ****** and both were atrocious in the process.

How do so many idiots still argue that Brady isn't tough? The guys who have beat him up the most say he's the toughest QB they've ever faced. He's played full seasons with injuries and never said a word. God, that ****'s annoying.

Like I've said, anyone who argues another QB over Brady at this point is beyond rational thinking. Arguing that they'd rather have a guy with zero rings is flat-out lunacy.

The reason why Brady had the perception of not being tough is his attitude about showing he is hurt and the club's policy discussing injuries.

I'm sure if he was a drama queen like Roeth, Favre, Kelly and McNair the perception would be different.

We all know if Roeth took that shot from Kam hed be limping around all over the field for the world to see

Hard to get past his medical struggles when I think of him. You feel for the guy. He was a better-than-solid qb, sure, but putting him on a par with Brady is delusional.

There's maybe a hint of Philip Rivers/Jay Cutler/Drew Bledsoe in his make up: a strangely dampening, leaden arrogance which ensured he would never win anything really big. Too bad, but there it is.

That hit would have wrecked most qbs.. I was angry that and still think it was a dirty hit.

Reading that thread one comment I saw over and over again really bugged me. "Brady is a whimp he could never take the pounding Kelly did" or variations there of. You ask any of his team mates or guys that have you know actually hit Tom they all rave about what a tough SOB he is. With the exception of a season ending ACL injury he has never missed a game. It is criminal how under rated his toughness is and I think he would have done just fine in the 90's. Playing in his 40's probably not but still a HOF worthy career IMO not "out injured by the first game".

For the few morons who, rightful so got called out as total homers, said Kelly was better I submit the first Super Bowl as evidence that Kelly was not smart enough, disciplined enough, watched enough film to survive in today's game. Offenses have gotten crazy complex and timing routes are everything now. Kelly didn't see the game within the game like Brady does nor is he as selfless. Give Brady that same team against the giants and I bet Thomas gets the ball 60 times and Scott Norwood is not a curse word in Buffalo.
Something else is missed in those comparisons, and it's not about Brady specifically. The hits QBs take today are from monstrous physical specimens who are far bigger and stronger than the average defensive player a quarter century ago. The rules have shifted, yes, but the nature of the hits has shifted in the other direction.

I don't get the point of this. It looked like all the Bills fans picked Brady.

Offseason + internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore