PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets will Probably miss Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I'd LOVE another shot at Wrecks and Complainian in the playoffs....I doubt the Jesters can beat the Squeelers or the Bears

Jest have to lose out to miss the playoffs. Else they will finish ahead of SD who will have 6 losses to the jest 5.

Jest-Buffalo becomes the game of the week!!

--FRITZ

I just don't see the Jets winning @Steelers this week.

The game @Bears will get national attention and I don't see the Bears losing at home in that situation after Sunday's debacle.

IMO, it's a big mistake to assume that they beat the Bills at home, where they have problems, on the last day of the season. If the slightest thing goes wrong in the first quarter, the boos will start raining down on them.

In other words, I don't think that 9--7 is at all out of the question.

Everyone seems to think the Bills are a walkover.. That is not an easy game.

bah kontra beat me to it... anyway I concur

Right! I've been saying this for the longest. The way Fitz and that offense is executing plays, I'm even a little worried about when we play them in their place. I think we'll win of course but by all means is this not an easy game

They won't 'probably' miss the playoffs. They'll probably win 2 out of the last 3 and get the wildcard.

I hate the Jets more than any team but while they're not as good a team as some of their big talk would indicate they're a better team than you guys are giving them credit for.

Jest have to lose out to miss the playoffs. Else they will finish ahead of SD who will have 6 losses to the jest 5.

Jest-Buffalo becomes the game of the week!!

--FRITZ

I don't think you are right.
Jets are now 9 and 4
if they lose just 2 games then end up 10-6
If SD wins out they would be 10-6
if you believe ESPN playoff calculator the tie goes Chargers

The pressure is on the JETS here on out.
One loss and they do not control their own destiny as they will need help.

Would love to be a fly on the wall to hear what the loudmouth says after elimination.. he and his bunch of frauds, deserve this and more for their pomposity alone..

They won't 'probably' miss the playoffs. They'll probably win 2 out of the last 3 and get the wildcard.

I hate the Jets more than any team but while they're not as good a team as some of their big talk would indicate they're a better team than you guys are giving them credit for.

The Jets offense is bad! Now they face two good defenses in the
Steelers and Bears. JETs QB is feeling pressure and has lost confidence.
They could beat the Bears but the bears could shut JETs offense down and
would only need 10 or less points to pull off a win.

JETs is Good but it's their offense that is killing them.

I don't think you are right.
Jets are now 9 and 4
if they lose just 2 games then end up 10-6
If SD wins out they would be 10-6
if you believe ESPN playoff calculator the tie goes Chargers

The pressure is on the JETS here on out.
One loss and they do not control their own destiny as they will need help.

If SD wins out, his likely means their wildcard contender will be KC and not SD.

The point is, while there is a notable probability of the Jets missing the playoffs, it should be noted, that the odds are still on their side. They might be streaking in the wrong direction right now, but they are still 2 games up on a bunch of teams who were so great that they went 7-6 so far. I mean they can still clinch this weekend if things go their way.

And in the end I really would like to welcome them to a second trashing in Foxboro.

mark my words.... Jets won't beat Steelers if they play the way they did the past ciuple weeks. I think Bears beat them too, especially if Sanchez has to play in that snow like we did.

They'll be lucky to beat the Bills at this point. That would be so sweet to see the Bills beat the Jets and knock them out the playoffs for sure.

Best possible scenario would be if Jets out of playoff and correspondingly that lets either KC or Jags in as wildcards IF either of those cant win their respective divisions. And that actually could be a fairly likely scenario as KC is not on a roll and I can't see Jags sweeping the season series at Indy this week. I would love for them (Jags) to prove me wrong. Go head Jack Rio - post this on your bulliten board!

I think the idea situation for the Pats would be for the following to happen:

KC #3
JAX #4
BAL #5
SD #6

Reasoning...
1) Have no fear of KC or JAX so want them in the tournament
2) Want KC and JAX at home for 1st game to give them best chance to advance
3) Would rather have SD at #6 since Jets have recent experience with defending the Pats offense (not pleasant, but it is something). Also, if SD advanced they would be playing 4th straight road game, across the country and in the nasty weather of Foxboro.
4) Good chance for a BAL/PIT physical matchup with the survivor bloodied up before facing the Pats in the AFCC game.

To make his happen, just need:
- Jets lose to Steelers and Bears
- Colts lose to Jags
- Favorites win all the other games

Even if the Colts beat the Jags (likely), that just puts the Colts #4 and puts them in the PIT/BAL pool where the survivor limps into Foxboro in January.

Yeah.... Chiefs fans who'd spent the past 2 years ripping Cassel are suddenly praying he'll be healthy for the next game. It's been very amusing to watch the reality of Brodie Croyle kick them in the head.

Agreed.

As for the Jets - it would be highly entertaining if they missed the playoffs, but at the moment, you could argue that would be bad news for us. The Chargers remain a threat come playoff time - particularly to us. I would rather play the NYJ than SD, unless something changes over the next few weeks.

I think the idea situation for the Pats would be for the following to happen:

KC #3
JAX #4
BAL #5
SD #6

Reasoning...
1) Have no fear of KC or JAX so want them in the tournament
2) Want KC and JAX at home for 1st game to give them best chance to advance
3) Would rather have SD at #6 since Jets have recent experience with defending the Pats offense (not pleasant, but it is something). Also, if SD advanced they would be playing 4th straight road game, across the country and in the nasty weather of Foxboro.
4) Good chance for a BAL/PIT physical matchup with the survivor bloodied up before facing the Pats in the AFCC game.

To make his happen, just need:
- Jets lose to Steelers and Bears
- Colts lose to Jags
- Favorites win all the other games

Even if the Colts beat the Jags (likely), that just puts the Colts #4 and puts them in the PIT/BAL pool where the survivor limps into Foxboro in January.

This is pretty likely, and I'd be happy with this. Though as I said above, SD is a threat more than NYJ.

San Diego still scares me a pretty fair amount. I'd hope for Cassel and KC to knock them off.

Last edited:
Jets will Probably miss Playoffs..... i can hope so. That Meltdown would be of Epic proportions, and Joe Beningo's rant would become legendary, must hear radio.

Last edited:
unfortunately the jets wiill make the playoffs i think. thy will beat either the bears or pitt both of which have questionable offensive lines and bills. its that kind of a season so far
The Jets season will sink faster than the Titanic!

OK I have run the ESPN playoff simulator and basically if Pittsburg beats the Jets and the Pats beat Green Bay, then the Pats clinch the division and a first round bye.

As long as the Pats win one of their final three games, they will have a first round bye......

If the Jets win out, then the Pats then must win two out of the three remianing games for them to take the AFC East and the #1 seed.

Assuming they all finish with the same record, it looks like the tie breaker goes like this:

SD
Jax
Jets
Colts
KC
Miami

Assuming Jax and SD win their divisions, and the Raven's get the #5. The Jets should be able to pick up the #6 seed.

Truthfully....I want no part of the Chargers making the playoffs. I would much rather face the Jesters again....I don't care about weather familiarity or scheme familiarity.......Phillips is >>> than Sancheeze.

None of this really matters because the Niners are gonna beat SD Thursay night. Jets get WC.

All this hope that the jests miss the playoffs is silly to me. What better scenario would there be for the jesters to come into Foxboro and get SMOKED AGAIN? I am hoping that they make it as the WC (thereby removing indy/SD) and take out PIT which would give us the easiest road to the AFCC. The last 2 teams I want the PATS to see at this point is BAL & SD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News