PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets refuse comment on claim Mark Sanchez had relationship with teenage girl

Status
Not open for further replies.
All Rex Ryan cares about is finding what her feet look like.

from what I gather... he didnt do anything illegal. I know we all wish he did... but this is a non story.

from what I gather... he didnt do anything illegal. I know we all wish he did... but this is a non story.

Got a quick question...

Why is not a big story? Is it because the law in his state has the age of consent at 17? If so, why is it a big deal if a 24 year old in Illinois has a relationship with a 17 year old girl (I believe age of consent in Illinois is 18)?

Why do we place such high values on arbitrary numbers that are written in the laws? The same laws that vary from state to state.

Additionally, is the morality/immorality of something purely judged on what the local state deems legal? May we not judge people based off of things they do that are irrelevant to the law? If I lie and take advantage of my mom, that may be legally a "non-story" but it sure says alot about my character.

The New York Jets encourage a culture of corruption.. Braylon Edwards Drunk, Rex's foot fetish, the tripping on the sideline incident, harassing a female reporter and on and on...

Now Sanchez, this is what we expect from that franchise.. it also speaks quite a bit about Sanchez and his choices...

Mark Sanchez turned 24 last November. A 24 year old and a 17 year old having sexual relations is only a story in states where the law prevents it. Chances are the girl used a fake ID to get wherever she met Sanchez and Sanchez had no idea she was 17. Also Sanchez is likely one of many 20+ year old guys who met this girl at a club and screwed her.

This is as stupid as when other fan bases acted like Tom Brady getting a woman pregnant outa wedlock was some despicable act.

sorry, but a rich actress "accidently" getting pregnant these days ? she's trying to keep tommy.

There's now an update from Deadspin.

Deadspin: The Somewhat Romantic Story Of Mark Sanchez And A 17-Year-Old Girl

E.K, fearful of the potential backlash and tabloid infamy that might ensue, decided it would be best to tell her version of the story so there would be no misunderstandings. We spoke on the phone soon after, and here's what she told me: This New Year's Eve, E.K. and some of her friends were at the Manhattan nightclub Lavo, doing whatever underage girls do at Manhattan nightclubs on New Year's Eve. As noted in this New York Post item, Sanchez made a cameo there, along with tight end Dustin Keller. He was there long enough to chat up our young protagonist. E.K. told me that Sanchez sidled up to her, and the two talked for a while. She gave him her BlackBerry number and flirted a bit. "You know I'm 17, right?" she remembers saying. Sanchez kept his cool. "Well, we can still talk, but I can't see you until you're 18," he said. "Actually," E.K. replied, "17 is legal in New York." Poise all around.

And then came the somewhat-awkward moment when I asked E.K. if she hooked up with him.

"Yeah," she said, somewhat reluctantly. "We went back to his place in Jersey after dinner. He lives on a golf course. There was a big storm."

Thundersnow, I suspect. I told her I'd make sure it's legal in Jersey for a girl her age to hook up with a 24-year-old man.

"It is. It's 16," she said. "I checked."

"He's a really nice guy, you know?" E.K. went on. Was she smitten?

"I can say that he's one of the kindest people, and he's a genuine person," she said. "I know he's a guy, whatever, like, it's not that. Not that it matters to me at all."

She paused.

"It scares me a little bit," she allowed.

Mark texted her from time to time. "He would send me a text at 2 a.m. on a Wednesday asking if I was out that night," she said, "but I'd be like, I have school tomorrow." High school.

Well I'm still "close" w mark and he knows about you so jets pr was like here how's you handle it, I don't want to betray him but I don't want to let him play me like this, if this comes out like I technically sold this then I can risk any jobs or college in the future. They may not want me if I "sold" the story. So publish what you no and ill just be like it was a deceitful friend of mine. You no? So my future isn't ruined but mark doesn't get everything. He is a genuine person but not necessarily good to women. You know?

And then again:

I just am in contact 24/7 w the jets and mark so I can't officially betray them, but you know?

Also, she lives in CT and as far as I know has never lived in CA - but that is where her attorney is from. The lawyer also happened to go to USC. There's no proof, but I'd say it is reasonable to believe that Sanchez hired the attorney. It's also interesting to note how much contact not just Sanchez but the Jets have had with her in regards to telling her what to say and not say, what to do and not do, what's going to happen to her if she talks, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News