PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets claim Sudfeld

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get it everyone was bashing him and now everyone is sad? come on people

The notion that "everyone was bashing him" is wildly incorrect, and most people wanted him placed on the practice squad as a developmental type of player.

poor kid. I feel like I should be putting on my funeral suit for some reason.

:mad:

poor kid. I feel like I should be putting on my funeral suit for some reason.

:mad:

Being part of the JEST "organization" is not actually a career killer.

Danny Woodhead and Ray Ventrone both survived. :)

I really liked his potential but he just wasn't ready. So I'm sad we lost his potential but at this point he just wasn't contributing.

PS would have been optimal, but such is life on the waiver wire.

I'm sorry to see Sudfeld leave because I think he could have developed with time. He was my favorite binkie during the early portion of training camp.
Thru 4 preseason games and 4 regular season games, I hoped he would
show the pass catching abilty that he exhibited early on. Instead, he
made occasional mistakes resulting in two fumbles and an interception.
If he had only fair blocking ability, he would be on the roster instead of Mulligan.

We've already beat the Jets once, so I doubt he will provide enough information for the Jets to help them beat the Pats. I'm not worried. Hopefully Gronk will be back soon!

I called this in the "Sudfeld Cut" thread. This is gonna be payback for Woodhead. This is gonna come back to haunt us for years. Mock me if you want but I said cutting Sudfeld was a dumb move, it's stupid to throw away a very good prospect when for Christ's sake, we don't even have 2 decent TE's on the roster. Really dumb move. Watch Sudfeld beat us in a few weeks. I hated this move the second I heard it.

I'm sure Rex did a huge fist pump and thinks he is sticking it to be BB. In three months, Rex and Sudfeld will both be someplace other than NY.

I called this in the "Sudfeld Cut" thread. This is gonna be payback for Woodhead. This is gonna come back to haunt us for years. Mock me if you want but I said cutting Sudfeld was a dumb move, it's stupid to throw away a very good prospect when for Christ's sake, we don't even have 2 decent TE's on the roster. Really dumb move. Watch Sudfeld beat us in a few weeks. I hated this move the second I heard it.

Thanks, I will.

Not surprised here actually what took'm so long?!

Thanks, I will.

Elijah, we will talk again after Sudfeld comes back to haunt us. Do I want that to happen, no way, but I just have a bad feeling about this. Sudfeld is a very good prospect, and he could have been very useful. Hooman and Mulligan are our only TEs for Christ's sake ! Who the hell knows when Gronk will be back. So mock me if you will, it was still a stupid move. If the Pats thought nobody would pick up a 6'7" TE who was a John Mackey finalist and had a GREAT training camp, they made a ridiculous mistake.

Are you for real?
In other news, Kleenex says, "bless you".

He was terrible when he played, so no, I'm not going to sweat this one. Can he develop into a good football player? Sure, but so can a ton of other guys who don't cost a spot on the 53 right now.

Given his injury history, it's just as likely he'll be out as on fire.

Elijah, we will talk again after Sudfeld comes back to haunt us. Do I want that to happen, no way, but I just have a bad feeling about this. Sudfeld is a very good prospect, and he could have been very useful. Hooman and Mulligan are our only TEs for Christ's sake ! Who the hell knows when Gronk will be back. So mock me if you will, it was still a stupid move. If the Pats thought nobody would pick up a 6'7" TE who was a John Mackey finalist and had a GREAT training camp, they made a ridiculous mistake.

I'm pretty sure they knew someone could and probably would claim him and are ok with that. You keep the best players you can, you have to let some go, even some with potential, its the way of the NFL.

I also liked Sudfeld a lot but, unfortunately, he was a below average blocker
and will be remembered for his regular season mistakes. Sunday, was the last
straw.

I'm pretty sure they knew someone could and probably would claim him and are ok with that. You keep the best players you can, you have to let some go, even some with potential, its the way of the NFL.

I agree with that, but when we are down to Hooman and Mulligan, dumb move.

I agree with that, but when we are down to Hooman and Mulligan, dumb move.

To date, Sudfeld can't block, struggles running routes and hasn't been able to hold onto the ball.

Which part is going to be missed in the near future?

The kid still has to make his first catch as a pro with a much lesser quarterback than Tom Brady before he can come back and beat us. Put the bottle down, Scott.

I just think it was a huge mistake. I've been wrong sometimes, and other times I've been right. We shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes