PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets' chances to run the table take huge hit

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what the best thing is?

They're absolutely nailed on to beat the Colts next week now.

Well, what do you know? Sanchez comes back and what happens? Yeah. I'm just going to re-post what I posted in the past (and what someone else posted in here).

The Jets mortgaged their future on Sanchez. And it has not paid off. What's worse is that great start they had hurts Sanchez even more. He was thrust into a situation with the Jets and he was not going to make it out alive. He has not shown progression and it's obvious he does not trust his coaches and vice versa. He was a flash in the pan at USC and it shows because the way he reads defenses and his awful play is that of a QB who found some success in college but was part of a hype machine.

Had the Jets done what I (and a few other people have suggested they had done), they wouldn't have this horrible mess. Sign Jeff Garcia, keep your draft picks and not trade up to get Sanchez. Then, they could have had with those picks:

1st Round:

A.) Percy Harvin: Who could have made a fine combo with Garcia
B.) Michael Oher: Help with their offensive line woes
C.) Clay Matthews: Gholston has been awful for them
D.) Vontae Davis: Someone to help Revis in the secondary

Reality: Traded up all these guys for the prospect of Mark Sanchez.

2nd Round: (not much here)

A.) Fili Moala: A DT who can they start developing because Jenkins will never be healthy enough to contribute for an entire season.
B.) Sherrod Martin: Same as Davis

Reality: Didn't even have a 2nd Round draft pick.

3rd Round:

A.) Michael Johnson: Solid year for a rookie at DE.
B.) Mike Wallace
C.) Lardarius Webb

Reality: They traded up for this pick which made sense but ended up with Shonn Greene which made no sense given that at the time, they had a solid rushing game already and the 2010 Draft has a much better running back class.

In the 2010 Draft, the way it's shaping up, they could have had a chance to get CJ Spiller at RB or Jake Locker at QB. Maybe even Tim Tebow. Also they have an outside shot at getting Golden Tate or Jordan Shipley in the WR position and Brandon Spikes at LB. Plus, a slew of defensive lineman, linebackers, and safeties.

So, looking at the situation, how much did the Jets give up to get Sanchez? He has not shown any progression in his play and it is no longer inconsistency, but downright awful play, he is constantly hounded by the NY media, and his coaching has been dreadful. Now the Jets have to wonder if they made the right decision this off-season and with 28 million guaranteed, they better hope he improves or that decision will be in the line of the many decisions the Jets have made to the detriment of this team.

My dad said that Rex Ryan was completely melting down at the end of the Jets game. He also said Ryan's handshake at the end was less than gracious. If that was BB, it would dominate the news cycle for the week.

It was a thing of beauty. The guy is a cheerleader on the sidelines which is fine when your team makes a play but not when the other team has an epic fail. In the world of sports that is poor sportsmanship and he celebrates when other teams miss field goals, etc. You shouldn't do that as head coach. Yeah if your team blocks it, go ahead and thrust your arm or do the Fat-Man-Dance but not when the opposing kicker flat out misses it. But no, Ryan crosses the line because he's "emotional." Pure BS. The NY media was starting to call him out on this behaviour when they went on this mini win streak. He's an embarassment and a detriment to the Jets soooooo.....long may he be employed.

I wanted Clemmens to start the season, and if he was not cutting it to bring Sanchez in around week 6 or 8, that was my ideal situation to see Sanchez watch and learn from the sidelines.

I am a fan of Clemmens, us both being born and raised in OR and having spent a small amount of time with some of his family. Problem is he is apparently the suck, Clemmens had his chance to win the starting spot with 3 years experience in Schottys system and going up against a rook and he failed.
I am not a big X's and O's guy but to me Sanchez seems to be a better more polished QB then Clemmens and I think gives the Jets a better shot at winning.
With an elite #1 Defense and a border line elite O line and rushing game, all the Jets QB needs to do is hand off the ball and limit turnovers. Both Sanchez and Clemmens are capable of that.

Jets 24
Falcons 6

It was a nice dream but reality is: your team lacks a head coach.

I guess Sanchez and the Red light, Green light thing didn't work out...Three picks.

I guess Sanchez and the Red light, Green light thing didn't work out...Three picks.

It'll turn out that Tubby Wrecks will realize sometime next spring that he forgot to ask Sanchez if he was colorblind.

I hear that Rex Ryan isn't going to give up trying to train him with tools like this. Ryan announced in his press conference that he will try Duck, Duck, Goose this week in practice with Sanchez to see if that helps. If that doesn't work, he is already looking into bringing the world's best Simon Says player in the world to train him.

Seriously, I am beginning to believe Sanchez may be untrainable. They can't seem to teach him how to make good decisions, they can't teach him to slide properly. Yes, it is way too early to label him a bust, but the guy doesn't seem to be progressing in any way.

'"Our weather," coach Rex Ryan had crowed before the game. O.K. if you say so.

"I was pretty shocked," an apoplectic Ryan said. "We knew the exact play that was coming; we just never defended it, never executed it. There's no way they should be able to complete that ball in that coverage.".....Rex Ryan

Sounds familiar, after Every loss Fat Boy doesn't understand how it could happen. Maybe if he did he would be an NFL Coach instead of a loud mouth punk.

Last edited:
You know what the best thing is?

They're absolutely nailed on to beat the Colts next week now.

I don't like to blow my own trumpet much.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3