Jets Best Offensive Output 2014? 25 points vs Patriots in Week 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

goheels22002

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj/2014.htm

The Jets have reason to be confident this week with the Patriots coming to New Jersey to play football.

Geno Smith and the Jets put the most points (25) on the board this season against the Patriots in Week 7 at Gillette, and Geno had a good game by Geno Smith standards: 7 rushes for 37 yards, and 20-34 passing for 224 yards with 1 TD and 0 interceptions. The Jets running game hung 205 yards on the Patriots defense.

Alan Branch and Sealver Siliga didn't play in that game. Casey Walker and Jordan Devey did. Devey was a starter. Jonas Gray hadn't yet registered as a good back. Things are different now, of course, but this one looks like a brawl.

If the Patriots are any kind of #1 seed it will be a blowout not a brawl. I know division games are tough, etc, etc, but the run defense has been fixed, the Jets passing game is awful, as is their secondary. We should be peaking around now (I know we aren't) and if we give up more then 13 points and don't win by at least 14 it will be a huge warning sign to me.

something tells me the jets are not going to run for much yardage this time around
And pass for very, very little.

My only concern about this game is dirty play and cheap shots from the New Jersey players. I want to see the Patriots establish the run and stay with it vs. Brady going back to pass 40 times.

If the Patriots are any kind of #1 seed it will be a blowout not a brawl. I know division games are tough, etc, etc, but the run defense has been fixed, the Jets passing game is awful, as is their secondary. We should be peaking around now (I know we aren't) and if we give up more then 13 points and don't win by at least 14 it will be a huge warning sign to me.

Meh. If NE isn't the #1, who is? Denver? Cincy? Pitt? Which one of them looks better than the Patriots? How about in the NFC? Arizona holds the #1 seed, but no one expects them to keep it. Green Bay just lost to Buffalo and has only really played well against bad teams. Seattle looks hot right now, but their run of defensive dominance came against Zona, Mark Sanchez and twice against a horrible SF offense.

A loss would be disappointing, of course, but it wouldn't say much about how far NE can go.

I know some will say, "crazy things always happen against the Jets!" but didn't we already see the crazy game back in October? Isn't there always one oddball and another that goes exactly as planned?
If I'm right, Rex will throw everything he has against NE and will have the offense off guard and have Geno looking reasonably competent for 20 minutes, but then roster disparity will kick in and NE will pull away in the second half.

And pass for very, very little.

My only concern about this game is dirty play and cheap shots from the New Jersey players. I want to see the Patriots establish the run and stay with it vs. Brady going back to pass 40 times.
They may have to if the storm that accuweather.com discussed comes to fruition. Way too early to get stressed 6 days out but they are usually pretty good in forecasting....

They may have to if the storm that accuweather.com discussed comes to fruition. Way too early to get stressed 6 days out but they are usually pretty good in forecasting....
Mix of rain and snow is forecast, high of 37. Looks like a crap day in a crap stadium with crap fans cheering (booing) a crap team. I'd almost go just to boo the Green Beans along with them.

That game is the reason why Geno thinks he has had all-pro moments this year. Now that I think about it, BB is trolling Geno pretty hard lol.

A Thursday night game. The Pats lost Mayo and Ridley and seemed to not know how to overcome it at that point. I still say that game was an anomaly and the two months worth of games since has pretty much confirmed it.

You don't think the team is peaking right now?

The run defense is much better since they last played. Honestly Geno Smith is just ****ing terrible and all but a handful couldn't even make the practice squad for the Patriots. Not to be bold and overconfident but I'm expecting the Jets and their fans to be embarrassed in a big way. Rex Ryan's last chance to kiss Belichicks rings is here before he goes on to be a defensive coordinator for another team.

That team is a train wreck with the exception of Richardson, Wilkerson and a couple of others. Similar to what BBfan wrote. Anything other than a blowout will be surprising.

That's an embarrassing fact, and even though we're much improved from earlier in the season it still bothers me that we were only a blocked FG away from losing to the JETS.

We need to shut them out to make up for it.

Was a Thursday night game were both teams had little time to prep and rest. Thursday night games are bad games to go off of stat wise..

Jets-Pats first meeting the past like 6 years has been on avg like a 6 pt game either side...the second meeting? Usually pat put up BIG Pts

Peaking now is overrated. Ravens weren't playing great at the end of the season ,but ultimately played great in the postseason.Arizona when they went to the superbowl they were not playing great late in the season. In 2011 we were playing great and blowing teams out then got knocked out by the sorry jets.As long as we stay healthy and get the results everything will be fine.

The absolute worst part of losing this Jets game would be listening to newly hired NFL analyst Rex Ryan talk about how he finished his head coaching career with a victory against the Pats week after week after week. This may very well be the most important game we've ever played simply for the sake of my sanity in the future.

That's an embarrassing fact, and even though we're much improved from earlier in the season it still bothers me that we were only a blocked FG away from losing to the JETS.

We weren't a blocked field from losing -Folk still needed to hit it from 58 yards out. :)

And in a similar vein, we weren't a missed chip shot by Cundiff to losing to the Ravens in the '11 AFC title game either -all a successful field goal there would do is simply put the game in overtime.

Last edited:
My one major concern is to start the Seahawks or Patriots D this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back