PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jermaine Cunningham suspended(mega merge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Wow, Adderall

Yeah, and, uh, he didn't know it was adderall. He thought it was just skittles.

that happens man

What's with all the Aderall going around the NFL? It's not exactly a new drug, everyone just decided this would be the year they took it?
Without access to the testing data, we don't know that this isn't just the story that every agent uses.

Is anyone really surprised that Cunningham may have failed a PED test?

Gotta love Breer:

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
NFL announces Patriots DE Jermaine Cunningham is suspended for four games for PED violation. Third NE player this year (Bolden, Talib).

where are people seeing adderall? Adderall is usually the excuse from the players since they think it's perceived to be the least damaging to their reputations and the NFL doesn't disclose what drug it actually is.

I am only disappointed that this may mean his improvement this year was a mirage.

Is anyone really surprised that Cunningham may have failed a PED test?

His performance has certainly seemed enhanced this year.

To those citing Aderall: Has anyone actually reported that as the drug in question?

What's with all the Aderall going around the NFL? It's not exactly a new drug, everyone just decided this would be the year they took it?

That is a very good question. What is this drug?

On the bright side....Jones should be back and JC will be back before the playoffs.

where are people seeing adderall? Adderall is usually the excuse from the players since they think it's perceived to be the least damaging to their reputations and the NFL doesn't disclose what drug it actually is.

I am only disappointed that this may mean his improvement this year was a mirage.

If it is PED's, why only a four game ban. Should be at least a couple of years.

Not talking about Cunningham specifically but more generally.

Final thought. Is the NFL becoming the Tour De France? :) :mad:

It was my cousin's adderall and that's the honest go god's truth.

That is a very good question. What is this drug?

It's supposed to be for ADD/ADHD.

But it apparently only stays in the system for a few hours, so to get caught for it you would need to take it just before a game and be tested as soon as the game is done with for it to have any effect on performance :bricks:

The adarol is a masking agent. not the drug itself.

d%#*!@t. So many of these guys get suspended for Adderall. Why would any of them take it, ever? I don't buy the "I didn't know what was in it" "I only took it once" "I got it from my friend and he said it was safe" crap. Shouldn't every NFL team have strict rules in place about what its players can and cannot ingest? Aren't they all scared to death to ingest anything that doesn't pass muster with the team? It seriously makes me wonder, after all the recent Lance Armstrong garbage, whether all professional athletes "dope" to a certain degree, and the ones who don't do it right are the ones who get caught. It's a real downer in the world of sports.

If it is PED's, why only a four game ban. Should be at least a couple of years.

Not talking about Cunningham specifically but more generally.

Final thought. Is the NFL becoming the Tour De France? :) :mad:

becoming? the NFL likely predates the tour de France as a prolific PED haven. I don't think the NFL has any interest in actually rooting out drug use in the game, it's really only a handful of guys that are dumb enough t get caught.

Anyone who has time on their hands should listen to the Joe Rogan podcast with Victor Conte, he talks about what a farce the testing is and how hard it is to actually get caught:

JRE #277 - Victor Conte, Brian Redban on Vimeo

Adderall = Amphetamines..... People can run faster jump higher, faster reflexes etc. Use to be very popular with base ball players in the sixties.

Last edited:
This only highlights what a terrible pick Cunningham really was. He's finally starting to look pretty decent, and he was juicing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft