PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jay Marriotti: Pats to make a run at Arrington!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Adding to another thread I've read earlier. If anybody is watching Around the Horn, they were discussing why the pats are letting all these players go and Jay Marriotti said the Pats are making a run at Arrington.
If they sign Arrington, it would make a lot of people on this board shut up. The Pats have a plan, they always do! Do you think they are letting players go on purpose? Get real, my prediction....Pats make headlines signing Arrington! This would be huge...Arrington and Colvin on the edges...Yikes :eek:

Yeah I just saw it. Also intereseting that Woody mentioned that there was no loyalty on both sides regarding AV and the Pats. Pats didn't want him, and AV didn't want to stay.

THEARCHIVES said:
Adding to another thread I've read earlier. If anybody is watching Around the Horn, they were discussing why the pats are letting all these players go and Jay Marriotti said the Pats are making a run at Arrington.
If they sign Arrington, it would make a lot of people on this board shut up. The Pats have a plan, they always do! Do you think they are letting players go on purpose? Get real, my prediction....Pats make headlines signing Arrington! This would be huge...Arrington and Colvin on the edges...Yikes :eek:
o please....dont listen to anything mariotti says, its not like hes providing ground breaking news here, clayton has been saying it all day. but as we have seen, the pats wont overpay for arrington, so i dont think he'll end up here, but then again i never thought adam would leave.

I wonder if he knows this or if he's just repeating what he heard Clayton say. Sometimes one rumor can go a long way :)

edgecy said:
Yeah I just saw it. Also intereseting that Woody mentioned that there was no loyalty on both sides regarding AV and the Pats. Pats didn't want him, and AV didn't want to stay.
i love around the horn, but these guys are wrong most of the time. paige was making the point that v-jagt is only b/c he kicked indoors, but yet he kicked better outdoors than indoors.

I see two little problems.
1- Arrington is now going to want to break the bank - no way Pats
2- As far as I can determine, Arrington is a freelancer and not a guy to take care of his assignment - no way Pats.

BelichickFan said:
I wonder if he knows this or if he's just repeating what he heard Clayton say. Sometimes one rumor can go a long way :)

That was my first thought as well. Somehow I doubt Mariotti is spending a lot of time tracking down Lavar Arington rumors. He works out of Chicago anyway.

If they signed Arrington and extend Seymor and possibly go out and get Law back then I think the off season was a success.

Mariotti is a butthead. Isn't one of the things the Skins didn't like about Arrington was he was too much of a freelancer? BB's D is based on discipline and guys doing thier jobs. Of course, L Taylor ignored BB so maybe he see's a little LJ in Arrington.

festy1986 said:
If they signed Arrington and extend Seymor and possibly go out and get Law back then I think the off season was a success.

Arrington and Seymour would be fantastic. Screw Law, no thanks. Maybe the genius wants to go for two and go for it every time and save a few bucks by not actually needing a kicker. :)

Jacky Roberts said:
Arrington and Seymour would be fantastic. Screw Law, no thanks. Maybe the genius wants to go for two and go for it every time and save a few bucks by not actually needing a kicker. :)
Kicker ...... phooey!

If the Pats indeed find a way to grab Arrington all they'd need is an unconverted TD each game to enroute to winning next years SB.

Jacky Roberts said:

Leaving only kickoffs to worry about.

No problem.
A different one of the 11 coverage guys kicks off each time - from a melee.
Every KO is some strange, unpredictable hybrid of squib kick/onside kick.
Fumbles and loose balls galore!
How d'ya line up to receive irregular kicks?

If it doesn't get deep enough into the opponent's mind
that you go for two after every touchdown,
and always go for it within FG range ...
now every kickoff becomes a free-for-all.

If you're willing to quick-kick on some third downs,
and go for the first on all fourth downs ...
we could do without Miller and Paxson also.
That makes THREE additional roster spots!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft