10. Andrew Luck
9. Matt Schaub
8. Eli Manning
7. Ben Roethlisberger
6. Drew Brees
5. Matt Ryan
4. Joe Flacco
3. Tom Brady

Another pundit that overrates the hell out of Luck, Flacco, and Peyton.

32. Matt Flynn
31. Jake Locker
30. Kevin Kolb
29. Chad Henne
28. Mark Sanchez
27. Christian Ponder
26. Brandon Weeden
25. Michael Vick
24. Ryan Tannehill
23. Carson Palmer
22. Sam Bradford
21. Josh Freeman
20. Alex Smith
19. Andy Dalton
18. Cam Newton
17. Phillip Rivers
16. Matthew Stafford
15. Tony Romo
14. Jay Cutler
13. RGIII
12. Russell Wilson
11. Colin Kaepernick
10. Andrew Luck
9. Matt Schaub
8. Eli Manning
7. Ben Roethlisberger
6. Drew Brees
5. Matt Ryan
4. Joe Flacco
3. Tom Brady

First of all, you do not place Matt Ryan over Drew Brees who had no coach and turmoiled season last year and Big Ben who is proven with an offensive line, and defense to support that he can be elite and deliver championships. Second of all, no way is Joe Flacco number 4, even after winning a SB. The guy needs to be more consistent and do it more often. People become trapped in the moment when a young man wins the SB. So I guess when Trent Dilfer won, he was automatically the 4th best QB in the league. Peyton is great, but not in the post season and Brady orchestrated the 3rd best offense of all time last year without his top weapon in Rob Gronkowski, and even with a top tier running game. He also made it all the way to the AFC Championship game, again like he does year and and year out. Even almost won a superbowl championship with no defense. Aaron Rodgers is elite but he cannot get past the first round of a post season game or at least make it to an NFC Championship game, with all those weapons.

I wouldn't put Flacco at number four, though I can understand why he is so highly rated; same thing happens for any QB when his team wins the championship.

Andrew Luck at number ten is the most egregious ranking however. As of today (i.e., based on some combination of last season and each player's career) Luck doesn't belong in the top half of the list. I haven't heard what the list is based on, so I have to surmise that much of it is weighted on future potential. A 54% completion rate and 18 interceptions does not equate to being the NFL's 10th best quarterback.

I wouldn't put Flacco at number four, though I can understand why he is so highly rated; same thing happens for any QB when his team wins the championship.

Andrew Luck at number ten is the most egregious ranking however. As of today (i.e., based on some combination of last season and each player's career) Luck doesn't belong in the top half of the list. I haven't heard what the list is based on, so I have to surmise that much of it is weighted on future potential. A 54% completion rate and 18 interceptions does not equate to being the NFL's 10th best quarterback.

It does if you are a Tebow fanatic...

I can tolerate, although barely, the idea that Rodgers might nip Brady, but Moonhead (thank you, Joker, I have passed that name for Manning on to multiple friends and claimed it as my own - please forgive me)? Sorry, there's no effing way.

I don't understand why he ranked Luck, Flacco, Kaepernick, and Manning so high. Luck played ONE season. Kaepernick didn't even play a full season. Flacco is ranked really high because he won a SB. And, well, Manning is such a saint in the NFL. I would have my top three as Brady, Rodgers, and maybe P. Manning.

Matt Ryan over Drew Brees?

58311588-cry-gif-.gif

Looks like he'll have Rogers on top. Feh. Well, I guess getting one ring is nice.... of course, Tom got his last one in 2004-5

After last year the top 3 have to be Brady, Rodgers, Manning and an argument can be made for any order of those 3. Flacco at 4 is a joke and he won't be top 8 by the end of the season. Luck is right where he should be imo. Going into his 2nd year with all things being equal, I'd actually take him above Schaub. You cant tell me that if you put Luck on the Texans that they wouldn't be a much scarier opponent.

After last year the top 3 have to be Brady, Rodgers, Manning and an argument can be made for any order of those 3. Flacco at 4 is a joke and he won't be top 8 by the end of the season. Luck is right where he should be imo. Going into his 2nd year with all things being equal, I'd actually take him above Schaub. You cant tell me that if you put Luck on the Texans that they wouldn't be a much scarier opponent.

Couldn't have said it better on all of these points. Flacco at number four makes this list a complete mockery, unless you are highly weighting the postseason. Strange how guys like Eli Manning had good postseasons only to prove the next year that they are the same QB as always, capable of getting hot at the right time but overall no better than their year-long performance indicates.

I agree that the top three could be in any order, and it's splitting hairs to argue about that. Also agree that Schaub is too high, but in fact I would place quite a bit further down the list- probably at after RGIII at number 13.

Cutler over Romo, Stafford, and Rivers is a complete joke. Romo at his worst is Cutler being average. Cutler has come nowhere close to either Stafford or Rivers at their best.

32. Matt Flynn
31. Jake Locker
30. Kevin Kolb
29. Chad Henne
28. Mark Sanchez
27. Christian Ponder
26. Brandon Weeden
25. Michael Vick
24. Ryan Tannehill
23. Carson Palmer
22. Sam Bradford
21. Josh Freeman
20. Alex Smith
19. Andy Dalton
18. Cam Newton
17. Phillip Rivers
16. Matthew Stafford
15. Tony Romo
14. Jay Cutler
13. RGIII
12. Russell Wilson
11. Colin Kaepernick
10. Andrew Luck
9. Matt Schaub
8. Eli Manning
7. Ben Roethlisberger
6. Drew Brees
5. Matt Ryan
4. Joe Flacco
3. Tom Brady

I'm really F'ing confused by all the articles ranking Manning ahead of Brady I've seen this offseason.

Their stats were right in the same ball park, each having the edge in certain metrics, and Brady took his team further in the playoffs. Not to mention Manning having a distinct advantage in his receiving corps because of how our corp was depleted by injuries basically from week two on.

Also worth noting that Brady isn't one hit away from having his head fall off his body.

32. Matt Flynn
31. Jake Locker
30. Kevin Kolb
29. Chad Henne
28. Mark Sanchez
27. Christian Ponder
26. Brandon Weeden
25. Michael Vick
24. Ryan Tannehill
23. Carson Palmer
22. Sam Bradford
21. Josh Freeman
20. Alex Smith
19. Andy Dalton
18. Cam Newton
17. Phillip Rivers
16. Matthew Stafford
15. Tony Romo
14. Jay Cutler
13. RGIII
12. Russell Wilson
11. Colin Kaepernick
10. Andrew Luck
9. Matt Schaub
8. Eli Manning
7. Ben Roethlisberger
6. Drew Brees
5. Matt Ryan
4. Joe Flacco
3. Tom Brady

My top 5 would be

5. Ryan
4. P. Manning
3. Brees
2. Brady
1. Rodgers

Hate not ranking a QB ahead of Brady because I sincerely believe he is the best to ever play game, but at this point Rodgers is younger and more dynamic.

My top 5 would be

5. Ryan
4. P. Manning
3. Brees
2. Brady
1. Rodgers

Hate not ranking a QB ahead of Brady because I sincerely believe he is the best to ever play game, but at this point Rodgers is younger and more dynamic.

if by dynamic you mean more mobile outside the pocket, then yeah, i agree. where i think brady is ahead of rodgers is decision making, which, to me , is far more important. rodgers is a bit of a knucklehead.

Jaworski is rating these guys for the upcoming season based on their strengths and weaknesses last year. Cam Newton regressed and dropped in Jaws' opinion.

What about Matt Schaub? Would you rather have Andrew Luck or Matt Schaub? I think Schaub should be around #15. He's a head case.

if by dynamic you mean more mobile outside the pocket, then yeah, i agree. where i think brady is ahead of rodgers is decision making, which, to me , is far more important. rodgers is a bit of a knucklehead.

I agree; if this was a who would you pick as your QB list it would be Brady without a doubt. I was just trying to be as politically correct as possible with this list.

I'm really F'ing confused by all the articles ranking Manning ahead of Brady I've seen this offseason.

Their stats were right in the same ball park, each having the edge in certain metrics, and Brady took his team further in the playoffs. Not to mention Manning having a distinct advantage in his receiving corps because of how our corp was depleted by injuries basically from week two on.

Also worth noting that Brady isn't one hit away from having his head fall off his body.

It's because Manning turned the Broncos from the 2nd worst passing offense in the league to one of the best. What they ignore is that the pieces were there for a good passing offense, but the Broncos had a RB as a QB in 2011.

It is all about perception over the reality of the situation.

Jaworski is rating these guys for the upcoming season based on their strengths and weaknesses last year. Cam Newton regressed and dropped in Jaws' opinion.

What about Matt Schaub? Would you rather have Andrew Luck or Matt Schaub? I think Schaub should be around #15. He's a head case.

Yeah, Schaub is overrated. I know he is a product of Megatron (but then again Schaub is a product of Andre Johnson and everyone putting eight in the box to stop Foster), but I would take Stafford over Schaub.

Yeah, Schaub is overrated. I know he is a product of Megatron (but then again Schaub is a product of Andre Johnson and everyone putting eight in the box to stop Foster), but I would take Stafford over Schaub.

I would rate Romo ahead of Schaub and Stafford, he's erratic but he makes more plays than either of them just the same.

Rapelisburger before Eli? The whole list is skewed. Hey Jaws, Put down the pipe and back away slowly. bong.jpg

Jaws has had his lips attached to Peyton's ass for a long time now, so this isn't really any surprise.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back