PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jaws QB Countdown

Thanks, that makes the rankings a bit more meaningful. I would still say that if the list is strictly for this upcoming season then Luck is too highly rated, in my opinion.

That's actually a great question. We have a lot more to go on with Schaub, whereas we only have one season with Luck. I'd take Luck over Schaub myself; however, for the 2013 season I would place the next five (Kaepernick, Wilson, RGIII, Cutler, Romo) ahead of Luck, as well as Dalton. I would also seriously consider placing Rivers, Stafford, Palmer and Tannehill ahead of Luck as well right now.

Luck did more with less last year, thus the ranking from Jaws.
Reggie Wayne isn't exactly a no-talent scrub.

Romo has never shown to be worthy of the contract Jerry gave him.
If they're going to make the ranking in terms of value relative to the player's contract, then the same criteria needs to be applied to every other QB as well. That's a completely different topic that will yield completely different rankings.

Palmer is wayyyyyyyyy past his prime and the same applies to Rivers.
The rankings were projections strictly for the 2013 season, not for the next several years.

Dalton is a wait and see with this year being his opportunity for a big contract.
I would suggest that a player in his second year is even more of a case of wait and see.

Cutler is a wash, a total waste by both Denver and Chicago, he will never be an elite qb.
I never said or even implied that Cutler was elite, which is why he is not in my top ten.

And Stafford will be judged by playoff wins. With Rodgers in the same division, the Lions need to win playoff games for Stafford to achieve elite status. He has the best weapon in the game, no division titles and no playoff wins equal Stafford a bust.
See above.

The rest of the rookie crew will all be judged in the near future. My guess is Luck will be the best of the bunch, by far. And that's just not my Colts fans heart showing. :)
Again, this isn't a projection of who will be the best when their careers are finished; it is speculation solely based on who will be the best quarterbacks for the 2013 season, and nothing else.

Look, I don't care about the top. Brady in the top 3 is fine and reasonable. I think he's better than Manning but that's like choosing if you like boobs or butts better. They're both very good QBs who have had a lot of success.

But at the bottom?

I'm personally offended that Henne is ranked lower than Sanchez. Sanchez is a shattered shell of a QB at this point. I'm not saying the kid was ever going to be amazing but he played some solid games in his first two seasons. Then the bottom fell out and he was put in some bad positions.

His pass against the Titans that was picked off was one of the least heady, most gutless passes I've seen in my long, illustrious life.

Henne isn't a world beater, but I'd rather he suit up for my team than Sanchez any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I'm really F'ing confused by all the articles ranking Manning ahead of Brady I've seen this offseason.

Their stats were right in the same ball park, each having the edge in certain metrics, and Brady took his team further in the playoffs. Not to mention Manning having a distinct advantage in his receiving corps because of how our corp was depleted by injuries basically from week two on.

Also worth noting that Brady isn't one hit away from having his head fall off his body.

Manning's neck is Merton Hanks-ish, and the forehead does make him appear unstable in the area above the shoulders.

That said, his receiving corp is outstanding. I have Peyton ahead of Brady for that reason. Rodgers, Brees, Manning, Brady are the best in the biz and heading into this year, their production will be in that order. In fact, if some targets don't step up for the Pats, guys like Matt Ryan, Colin Kaepernick etc. may well end up with better numbers.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back